Muscle Pain

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Muscle Pain

Hello  ive got question im 21 years old and am suffering from alot of muscle pain an weakness.

Its a tightening and heavy aching feeling usually in my legs. usually in the lower part of my leg. Walking fast brings it on very quickly. I also suffer from it in my arms and wrists. writing this now is causing my wrists to feel heavy. Changing a bed sheet causes alot of aching pains in my shoulders and upper arms. I also pull muscles in my hands very easily i recently did it to my thumb closing a car boot, it was like a cramping pain and felt like my thumb was getting stuck and this lasted for around a month.
Some of the conditions with widespread body and joint aches are fibromyalgia(a disorder classified by the presence of chronic widespread pain and tactile allodynia(pain even on touching)  ,chronic fatigue syndrome(often manifests with widespread myalgia and arthralgia, cognitive difficulties, chronic mental and physical exhaustion)  ,polymyositis (means 'many muscle inflammation') and polymyalgia rheumatica(an inflammatory disorder that causes widespread muscle aching and stiffness, primarily in your neck, shoulders, upper arms, thighs and hips. It literally appears overnight, but the cause may be a problem with the immune system, perhaps involving both genetic and environmental factors).
Complete physical examination along with investigations like ESR blood, platelet count Rheumatoid factor, creatine kinase,electromyography and muscle biopsy may be needed to make a diagnosis. Please consult a physician for that.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

hansen20 commented on photo
28 mins ago
butterflybabies commented on photo
48 mins ago
mhv commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals