My breast (boob's) are itching!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My breast (boob's) are itching!!!

I'm about to itch myself to death! I haven't changed detergent or anything. I am pms'n. Well, ovulating, I guess. I should start by the 28th. My boob's are getting tender and they itch so bad. I tried going in Walmart today. People probably thought i had a twitch or something. I kept doing that weird move , where you try your best to scratch something and it not be noticed. You all know how ya do it. lol I couldn't wait to get in the car!
  Mom told me to put more lotion on them. I have and it hasn't helped. I feel swollen all over too. Bloated I guess. so, what kind of lotion do you all use, or what do u think is causing me to itch? Oh yeah, i'm back on the sunflower seed's too. I can't live without'em!!
Hey girl! I know how you feel!!! I get those too! most of the time when Im at work and there's millions of people around lol but you can't help it...I do the turn or move try to scartch without being obvious! lol it definetely drives you crazy, they also told me to put lotion on them I put aloe vera lotion and it helps a bit! but not much...I've gotten to the point to scratch so much I hurt myself! but I can't stand it! I don't know what other lotion would be best to use... =/
I am itching really bad tonight. i put cocoa butter on me and it hasn't helped.This is miserable!  It hurts to scratch, but I have to.
   I do the walk too when my panties are in a wad. Try to hide in an isle, so I can pull it out. lol .
Been there! done that! lol  don't you hate it when it happens??? doing the funny walk trying to see if it will fix itself??? but noooo gotta pull it out yourself lol
Im so sorry! I've been through that and even though I do the same thing and scratch to death! I tell you don't do it! it will make the itching worse! cocoa butter should help a bit, if you are able to don't wear anything over them! helps a bit not having anything touching them!  will power! don't scratch! ><
oh, i'm tryin my best.It hurts!!! I guess i need to go to bed so I won't think about it. goin on 11 and gotta get up at 5. I need my beauty rest anyway. I have some aloe vera. I'll use it and see if it helps.I use it in the summer when i go to the beach. It rocks! I have an aloe plant, but that's a little gross.

Better go to bed. thanks for answering my post.

I'll check post again in morning. About six hours from now.
talk to ya'll later!
Aloe should help! trust the plant even more! once my bf got sunburned really really bad! and normal aloe wouldn't help much or even caladryl for relieve and we used the plant! took the skin off and the inside put them all over his body! gross but it helped a lot!!!! he looked like a slimy monster but a pain free one! lol  hope the itching goes away! have a good night! =)
Try rubbing alchol.(only if the skin isn't broken from scratching). It DEFF.work for me expec. with anything itchy like a spider bite,misq. Pour some on a cloth and rub over the entire spot(breast/nipple) it will kill the bacteria that is on the surface and DON'T ITCH!! It makes it worse. If it gets itchy again pour the rubbing alchol on again.It should stop right away.
Hope it works for you!!!
Just researching other remedies that are "supose to work" haven't tryed them myself for itching so I can not comment from experience.

Petroleum Jelley mixed with Baby Powder(soothing)
Vitamin E gel(repairs skin cells)
Oatmeal(exfoliates skin getting rid of dead skin/cells that could be containing the bacteria thats making you itch)
Hydrogen Peroxide(kills bacteria on the skin thats causing itching)
Tea tree oil(because its antibacterial works well for acne also)

But regarding the itching deff. give the rubbing alchol a try.
Tea Tree Oil is a natural antiseptic, germicide, antibacterial, fungicide.
I have been using this product on my skin for years from advice from a dermo. so im assuming she knows what shes talking about.

Great products to try :The Body shops tea tree oil lines.
Good luck! Like I said i'm by no means im a dr ask him/her for best results!!
For thoes of you with children,few drops of the oil placed in your shampoo bottle will help repel head lice(with it being fall and this time of year is more prone to this).
Yeah it feels like your washing your face with minty tooth paste lol very freshing tho also I notice my skin was more tight,less blemishes,glowing.

About the head lice,yes it works wonders.Health unit here recomends it.I dont have children of my own but my mother has 6 of us and she used it from advice from her friend who had 5 girls with long hair!
Its worth a try,only use 4drops no more.
The Packard Children's Health Services Pediatric at Stanford is hailing another popular treatment in preventing head lice. It uses regular shampoo and three ingredients that can be found at most health-food stores:

Shampoo (use an inexpensive brand such as Prell -- these seem to mix more easily with the oils).
3 tbsp olive oil.
1 tsp tea tree oil.
1 tsp rosemary or eucalyptus oil.

thanks so much to everybody. I will be trying swome of the remidies you said. I never would of thought of alcohol. except to drink to get my mind off of it. lol
I think the air is really dry here. It would have to be cause I take those vasoline baths. Have ya'll ever tried them? It's not expensive and it feels soooooo good. I think it's like 2 bucks at walmart.

I got a bottle of lotion and a thing of cream last week . It's called - simply basic indulgences. It's body butter. I thought it would help my skin and not to mention how good i'd smell when hubby get's home. lol It's vanilla scented.  I wonder if it didn't dry my skin out. I know scented cream like what comes with perfume wil dry me out, but this stuff made my skin soft. Beats me. I just know I have to go see my kids principal today and TRY not to scratch my boob's off!!!

the other bad part is now, they are swelling and hard!! I am not supposed to start for like 2wks!
  I'm gonna try aloe on one and the alcohol on the other. I'll let  ya'll know which one works.
  thanks again. ya'll have a nice mornin. I gotta go work out so I can torture myself jumping and these huge bazooka's flopping around everywhere!! Aaaaaaaaaaah being a woman is just great sometimes.
Gold Bond Lotion works wonders for itching. I use it on my stomach now that I am 28 weeks pregnant. It helps with the itching that I feel due to my skin stretching.
Aveeno also makes an oatmeal lotion that is good for itching.
thanks everybody! great advice. I have a bump on the creese of where my ear lobe hits my face. it is a sore as a toothache. I don't know if it's a bug bite or a pimple. it's hard too. I can't see it good to pick at it. that sucks!!!!! I had my friend look at it and she couldn't tell. Ya'll ever had anything like it. I'm freekin out as close as it is to my ear a bug crawled in my ear. I cleaned them with a q-tip. I hate bugs!! It's probably one of those d*%$ lady bugs my house is infested with!!
you have more problems girl! however, they are the kind of problems that make ya laugh...maybe its the way you write it all. you can make itchy boobs and lumps sound exciting. anyway, the ole "girls" sound DRY! is it the nipple or the other part? either way, try a hydrocortizone cream sold at trusty dollar tree!!
the lump...my daughter had one behind her ear and i nearly freaked out. i was brushing her hair and she said...ouch! i felt it and called the dr. i thought it was a cyst or something but it was hard like a pea and pea size. the dr. said she could have a virus or coming down with one. you may be as well? she said if it gets very red, inflammed or oozes to call back. other than that, it should go away when the virus does....and it did.

or..it could be a spider burrowed itself in a nice spot behind your ear and is getting reday to hatch. TOTALLY JOKING!!!!!!!!
I can't help but pick at it! It's bothering me. Now though it's so sore i can't hardly touch it. I can't even explain how bad it hurts. Even my earlobe hurt's. It's so bothersome!!! I can't wait for the kids to go to bed so I can take my baby oil bath. Even thoug hI'll be all lubed up and hubby's out of town.I wish now I would of gotten one of those oatmeal bath's. I went to the  $ tree a few min ago. I looked for those vitimins you were talking about. I didn't see them though. We have a small tree though. when my friend and I go out of town to shop we get all excited when we see a big one. We go hog wild shopping in there! Some freaky man was in there buying all the under arm spray. He did need it though. Stinkin!!!!!!

It's weird how I felt when I read hommers thing. really sick at my tummy. like something wasn't right. I wanted to say - your just a freak- but I was nice. I said he was odd. I could see some old nasty man. Maybe I'm crazy and he isn't a dirty bird. Odd that they took it of though. Dontcha agree?

It's pea size alright. Hurt's like he#@ too. So, you've made my day.. I'm gonna get sick? Well, that's just great. I just went and helped my mom. SHE HAS THE FLU!! Oh, she's had it now!  I better not get sick, I don't have time to. Plus i am the biggest baby when I get sick. Life is put on hold.

It is soooo not funny about the spider! You couldn't of said it at a worse time. When we went 4 wheelin the other day. Something bit my face. Made a huge hole. O.k.,..... about the size of a pencil eraser, in my face!! I don't know what kind of spider, but it was  mean! THEN ..... to top things off. I got in the shower today and a humongo spider was looking at me. It was so big ,when I smashed it with the shampoo ,it crunched! it's legs were sticking off the edges of the bottle! I hate this time of the year. Everything want's to move right on in! Do you have the ladybugs at your house?
I try to lighten the moment.Plus, I don't know all the correct termanology (i bet i spelled that wrong) for everything. lol
where didthat one go about weird or?. with hommer? I can't find it.
gee, you're right, i dont see the post?? i just responded to it about an hour or so ago? i certainly didnt say anything that would get it removed thats for sure!
shouldnt you be slapping some lotion on the girls, resting or something (cuz you know you will be getting the flu). i hope you dont but that lump is a good indication.
Doom's day express!!! I am making up my mind. I am NOT getting sick! ................Ya know, now that we are talking about it. my throat is feling a little scratchy. lol. NOT! ;sigh;....I hope not.
    I got some baby oil today. i am going to soak in it tonight. Maybe that will work. I hope. It is feeling some better now though. This HUGE knot is kiling me! It is so friggin sore! I have squeezed and squeezed, but nothing. It just hurt's more.  I just can't keep my hands off of it!

About that post that's gone. For some reason, I felt icky in my tummy when I read it. Really, no joke. Isn't that weird? I don't know why it's gone, I didn't say anything bad. If he never comes back then we will know he wrote something bad. Hmmmm.........
no! no, do NOT pick at that lump!!!! you must leave it. the dr. even stressed NOT to keep touching (my daughters).
and that was just touching it let alone squeezing it. promise you will leave it alone. play with some playdoh if you need to keep your hand busy.

i know that guy has posted many times on the mens forum and twice here (that post is still there). i did feel a little creepy upon reading it as if he was getting aroused by the responses. but hey...i am so trusting!!
I get bumps behind my ears that are often sore.  It's weird; they come and go.  I've read that stress can bring them on?  Also, how are your boobs?  I would suggest, if the itching doesn't stop, you go to the doctor.  VERY RARELY, itching on the breasts could be the sign of something more serious.
yeah well i am having trouble on the boob itching subject too! lol i mean it has been doing it all day. Me and my best friend was hangin out with one of our guy friends and i was like oh my gosh my freakin boob itches and i didnt know what to do so i was just like mitchell theres a puddle of watter!!! he was like oo water and i go yeah go play in it for a minute....so i can do somethin..but i mean i dont know what to do. and i wanna know what it freakin means because i have heard so many stories...i read somethin off a doctors website and it said something about how they are growing or whatever but yeah i was just curious!
have a good night
yeahwell.
I have had the boob itching problem all day today
i mean its not really all that embarassing but it is all at the same time.
Me and my Best friend were with our friend who just happens to be a guy.
well we were casually walking and i had a really bad itch and didnt know what todo but i did whatever i could to itch it!!! it was pretty halarious auctually.
but really i dont know what to do about it and i really wanna know what it means because i was on a doctors web site and it said that it meant that they were growing but who knows!! they just casually start randomly itching sometimes!
yeahwell.
If your breast are itching try Cortizon 10, or some benadryl cream that might help. I too have had the same problem but not that bad. My problem is having sharp pains going thru my nipples, it feels like somebody is stabbing me from the inside of my breast to the end of my nipples. I feel like I am having a heart attack at times but it is also in my left breast.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
My boobs have been itching really bad for over five months. I'd gone in for leakage in my right boob. Still have leakage five months later.Took a pregnancy test, negative. My boobs are growing! Now I'm having a period every 7 to 14 days and the doctor mentions premenapause to me. I'm not too worried about pre menapause because I'm due a hysterrectomy and reconstructive surgery. Unless there is something I don't know about.
i just wanted to make sure that everyone is also very aware that breast itching could potentially be a symptom of a more serious underlying condition, so if there are sincere concerns then make sure to consult your doctor! if your breast becomes red or swollen along with the itching go to your doctor for sure! all of these symptoms are linked with a rare aggressive form of breast cancer called inflammatory breast cancer. raise awareness!
Please tell me what you ended up having with your boob itch. I have it too. But it isnt just my boobs, it is also my back, neck and the center of my legs. I do have a lump in my right breast that i have had for years now, i have never had it looked at. Too scared of Doctor's/hospital's/and being naked in front of people i dont know. I really am starting to wonder if i have Cancer now. I am only 27 but i really don't know how much more i can take. And i am always tired. But i am not pregnant and i do not have allergies. Please let me know what your outcome was. I really could use the advise. Thank you!!
Hi everyone, I had extreme itching as well, no rashes, no breakouts, no changes in detergent, deodorant or anything like that. Went to my doctor and she had me get Aveeno 1% hydrocortisone cream and as well as the aveeno active naturals, skin reliefe moisturing lotion (with cooling menthol).I have just used both items for 2 days and it definitely helps! My doctor says that it seems to be a fungal (like athletes foot..eww). Told her that I practice good hygiene. She laughed and said she wasn't implying i had poor hygiene but that it might have something to do with my bra not being "breathable" and sweat gets trapped under the breasts..etc. She also said it may be because of winter season. Anyway, she did have me get a mammogram...i am still waiting on those results. But I have to say the itching has gotten progressively milder and I don't wake up in the middle of the night with an urge to scratch the heck outta them. Hope this helps. =)
don't mess with the bump behind the ear, that is the lymph gland like someone else said you have infection in your body. If you break the skin you can give yourself a nasty staff infection from it. I thought I had a bad pimple or spider bite and it came and went too. It bugged me I messed with it trying to bring to head, Applied heat, I squeezed friend squeezed, then got aggressive with it till I made it a sore. I finally got stuff out of it blood, oozing kept a sore, very painful then got really sick ended up at hospital with a lecture and a IV how these pus pockets come and go and to not touch them. Relief with heat, massage gently with hydro cortisone if it's itching go to a doctor if they're causing trouble or get hard but mainly LEAVE ALONE!! this is also an area you can get a cyst and cancer in. My mom had one she thought it was just swollen lymth node when she got concerned went to dr it was cancer and caught it on time spent 1 day in hospital had it removed. Annette
Ok so I have the same problem so was walked round with nothing on and started blow dryin my hair and it fealt good on my boobs so I try pointing it at my boobs and it worked the heat from the blow dryer stopped the itchin and pain...
I'm only 17 and my boobs itch constantly my mom and I have tried all kinds of lotion. I try to go without a bra or anything that will cause irritation. I just need to know if anyone knows why they itch so much and what I could do to stop it.
i a 21 and presently am menstrating, my breast are itching what seems to be the problem