My cycles are getting shorter and shorter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ever since I stopped taking BCP to TTC in June '06, I have been getting my period sooner every cycle. when I first stopped them in June, I did not get it until mid August (8 weeks later). After that I got it the first of september (7 weeks later), and then two weeks later in mid-october(This month was weird and confusing for me because the one in sept. was just spotting for 2 days and I thought it could be implantation bleeding, but then I got my period 2 weeks later). After that it came the last week of Nov (6 weeks). Then, again, on January 1 (5 weeks) and again today (4 weeks). As you can see, every time it comes a week sooner. Is this a bad thing or does it have anything to do with stopping the BCP. I was never regular before the pills, I usually would go 2 or 3 months w/o AF. I am constantly dissappointed because I want to have a baby so badly, but af keeps showing up. At least I am glad that its showing up sooner so that i can start trying again. I have not seen a doctor and i realize that i should and will make an appt. soon. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing. Thank you!
I was just noticing the same thing with myself but it's not as serious, it's only days earlier than weeks.  I got off bcp and the first one was 35 days, then 25, then 29, 28,and now 27.  My luteal phase stays the same though.  Do you chart your temps?  If not, you should do that so that you know how long your luteal phase is.  But then again, charting may not help if you have irregular cycles.  Sorry, wish I could be of more help!!
No, I don't chart, but I think I might just start this cycle. Even if my cycles are irregular, I can at least try. The only thing is that I don't really know how to check CM (I posted about this a few days ago and only got 2 replies)but I am going to start taking my temperature too. Well, thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!
I'm not sure about the cervical mucous either.  I thought I was checking it in the right place and that wasn't even my cervix.  It was waaay higher than I thought.  Definitely make sure your hands are clean and just reach way up and rub it between your fingers.  I don't have very much mucous so mine always seems sticky and it never reaches my underwear.  I definitely have noticed changes with the CM though, with it being watery or egg-like but it never stretches inches as they claim when it's fertile.  Good luck!