My doctor couldn't find my cervix?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My doctor couldn't find my cervix?

I recently went to my local clinic to get my yearly pap smear done. They called me back for a repeat pap telling me they didn't get enough cervical cells and assured me everything come back fine. I went in 3 months later for a repeat pap and I laid there for about 15 minutes while the doctor told me absolutely nothing and takes the clamp thing out and says "You'll have to come back in 3 months I can't find your cervix" and leaves me in the room to change and never told me anything. I didn't think anything of it until I told some women at work and they were sounding concerned. Is this common??
All I can think is that you have a tilted uterus. Do you have pain during intercourse? It is not dangerous to have a tilted uterus. I can't believe you didn't ask "What do you mean you can't find my cervix, it was right there?!?!" Seriously, we have to take control of these situations, don't be intimidated. Ask the questions. This is YOUR body. You are paying THEM. This is their JOB. YOU are their BOSS.  Sorry, I didn't mean to get on a rant.
Anyway, obviously your cervix didn't go on vacation for three months so it has to be in there. Is this a new doctor to you? Where did you get your other paps done? They never mentioned anything unusual? Can you go back to them or is it an insurance thing? Maybe you moved. I would either call the clinic and ask what they meant by that or go somewhere else. Actually I would probably do both so I would be armed with questions when I went to get the second opinion.
Good Luck, Hope your cervix had a wonderful vacation.
Hi, you should go to another doctor.  If it was so urgent that you repeat your PAP and you waited 3 months then waiting another 3 months is too long!  If you must go to that same clinic then insist on seeing another GYN.
When you say "local clinic" - it doesn't sound like you have a consistent OBGYN.  This sounds like maybe a county health clinic?  I agree with babygirl.   I have a tilted uterus,  and my doc has sometimes had real difficulty finding my cervix.  But he doesn't GIVE UP!

If you can afford to go to a better clinic,  do.  If not,  hopefully you'll get a doctor with more compassion next appointment.  
I've been told by more than one Gyno that I have a high and tilted uterus.  They always have a tough time getting to it.  It's not pleasant but they always manage to find it.  Make another appointment somewhere else if possible or at the very least with a different doctor.