My period is 4 days late, am I pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hello!  I am new to this forum and I hope to get some answers or some direction.  My period was due on Nov. 7 (4 days late).  My last period was on Oct. 10, and my husband and I had sex on the days around my ovulation.  I took an HPT on Wed. evening, then again yesterday morning.  Both were negative!  I have been feeling extremely tired over the last week, and have been getting headaches.  I usually feel like this a week before my period is due, but I also get cramping and my breasts get sore, which I don't have now.  I did get some mild pains in my stomach last week and at times, I do feel nauseated.  My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for the last 6 months.  Could I be pregnant?  When should I take another HPT?  I want to take one, but don't want to be disappointed.  Please help!
to try and save money on hpt's,(we all know how many we buy), i think the rule of thumb is like 1 per week or every 6 days.
You may want to call your Ob/Gyn and request a blood test. This wiil put a stop to the guessing game and the cost of all those HPT's and you can save them for next month if the blood test is neg. Good Luck! I hope you get a big FAT + very soon!
Hi! I am no expert, but I would suggest that you speak to your doctor regarding your symptoms.  Also, maybe post your question as a new thread and maybe you'll get more responses.  :o)
Hi i have had a tubal ligation 6 years ago and was wondering my chances of getting pregnant. I have been filling strange, breast tenderness, mild nausea, and headaches. My period was irregular last month. I have taken a urine pg test and it was neg. Is it possible to be pg and not know it? I have pressure iin lower abd. Any suggestions on what to do?
my last period was on june 23 its now august 1 and i just recieved it which means its 4 days late . I've been vomiting and i have a very funny feeling in the upper part of my stomach like a ball or something like something is moving could i be pregnat
hi every body on this .. i am a young 18 year old whos period was on november 27-30 and it is now january 2 i am pass the 28 days .. ive been known to go for 29-30 days before the first signs of blood i am really spooked about it because ive had unprotected sex muitple times with bf  i just took a home pregancy test and it came up negative butsomething isnt right .. ive had been feeling tired sleeping alot more than usal ive gotton headache sore muscles and i had a really bad stomache cramp thinking okay period coming but there no show  but this was before i was spose to bleed i know that when the egg realease from the ovarys some time women feel abit of pain from than ovary like cyest ? sorry i miss spelled it but yeah .. please help .. could i be pregant and the test lied to me or no need to worry .. like right now im haveing stomache pain veryy very veryy light thought kinda like you need go take a number 2.. if you know what i mean .. but its been going on for a week now please please reply !
Well. I'm. New to this. Web site but my bf and I have been ttc and now I'm 4 days late
Okay let me. Start over my bf and. Ihave been trying ttc after two miscarriage this time I started taking prenatal vitamin January 29 and fish oil pills and Feb 1. i started taking baby aspiren we had. Sex the dbo and the day. oF ovulation my lmp was the 10 of Feb I took hpt on the 9 bfn now today I feel sick what should I do
Hi everyone, My name is Brandi and I'm 20 years old. My partner and I are ttc- Could I be pregnant?? I am late for my period. Its been 39 days since my last period which had came on April 6th. Typically I have a 33 day cycle and in the past I had a late one time before. That was about 2 years ago..anyway I've taken 3 preg tests. ALL say neg...I don't know what to do..could these negatives be false? I am in doubt of pregnancy but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

PS- My body doesn't feel ANY different except for the weird dull throb I';ve been having in my lower abdomen, it started out as a warm tickle last week and went away until 3 days ago. PLZ can anyone help?? OR relate? I'm so confused.
hello all, i was just on the same as u are and was so dead worried about it. i was delayed for 4 days and on a 28 regular cycle ever since (NO FAIL!). was so depressed coz me and my bf are not really ready to have a baby yet! i did 2 pg tests and both were negatives. i didnt trust the tests coz i've had too many symptoms e.g. headache, cramps, low back pain, feeling dizzy and lightheaded. finally, i went to see a doctor last night to have a blood test which is more accurate. i waited for 3 long hours for the result and thank god my wait was all worth it. doctor says its negative and she says this might be brought by hormonal changes and probably stress. and this morning i woke on first day of my period :) Goodluck to you all ladies!
Hi I have a friend that is 4days late in her period she told me her and her bf never have protected sex but he pulls out but one time he didn't and now she's starting to wonder she had cramps about 4days before she was suppost to have her period but there was nothing she's been feeling tired and crumpy and she feels nauziated almost about to pass out and she keeps thinking that she has her period but when she looks there's just gooy eat white stuff in her underwear and when she whips can anyone help her does anyone think she might be pregnant?
Hi everyone me again my friend is now a week late for her period she's still been having little mieled cramps and been having discharge still she still freaks out sometimes and says omg I think I just got my period but it turns out to be discharge and she's never been late and when she's about to get her period she knows because she gets killer cramps do you think she should take a HPT and could there still be a posibility of a negitive even if she was pregnant?? Please help she's driving everyone crazy lol
Hi, I'm new to this, but here goes. I started taking clomid in january and I did ovulate, but no pregnancy, then ovulated again in february, but again no pregnancy, but then in march no ovulation, so the docs put clomid up to 100ml, this unfortunately didn't work, but now 4 days late for my period, should I take a pregnancy test? Please anybody out there who is like me let me know your thoughts. This is all driving my crazy. Thanks
okay I was suppost to get my period on the 21 of this month but now I'm 4 days late and my boobs are really really sore like never before I get really bad headaches is there a chance that I could be pregnent?
Hi everbody, i am 29 years old woman, ,married with three boys. me and my hubby have been trying for a baby since april after removing my coil. so my last period was 16/07/2011, and i am 4 days late for my period, i have done the home kit pregnant test twice it all came out neg. pls any advice from anybody. thanks
My period is 4 days late, I took a pregnancy test the second day it was late and it was negative and now it is the 4th day and still no period my boobs and nipples are very sore and tender and they feel so heavy, I have been very tired, I have some little cramping, some white discharge, I also have been going to the bathroom a lot and have been eating a lot a...
i just read your comments... did you find out if your pregnant because I feel the same  now.. and im 4 days delayed too! please let me know
Hi everyone. I'm 17 and me an my bf have been having sex. Most of the time protected. We had unprotected sex about 2 weeks ago. Obviously I am too young to have a baby and so I'm not going to have unprotected sex anymore but anyway. My period is always irregular and I'm not sure when its even going to come but the other morning I woke up with period like cramps but no period. I don't have any other pregnancy symptoms that I'm aware of so I need some help. I wanna know if this is normal or if there's a possibility I could be pregnant. Help pleaseee!
if you're have cramps everyday there is a possibility. me when i was 17 yrs old too, that was my first sign almost every then i found out that im prego.
Im new as well on dis n i think i may b pregnant but scarwd to find out because ive been disappointed before..my period is 4 days late.im worried bout how ive been feeing ive been feeling period symptoms for two weeks n even had sex ovaluating...i wanna know but scared dat i mite not be...my guy even pickd up on symptoms as wel.o by da way ive been thrwing up white foam is that strange or wat
I am 20 years old, and i am 5 days late on my period. I have been receiving sore boobs, nausea, headaches and cramp styles pain in my stomach. My last period was 25 / 07 / 12. Me and my partner had sex on the 4 / 08 and then the 11/08. The pains that i am getting in my stomach are like what i get when im on my period, but there is no show of that happening. Am i pregnant and when should i take a HPT? If im not pregnant what can of caused this?
I didnt start my period it was 4days late and on the 4days I start my period I been have pain since January 2,2013
Hi, everyone!! I am 26yrs old. I have a six year old girl and have been trying for another child since Dec 2012. I had the IUD Mirena in for 5yrs and had it taken out Dec 15,2012. I am ALWAYS on time for my periods which is every 28 days and last for 5 days. I was suppose to start on Jan 29th, but just started this morning (Feb 2) ...very disappointing :( It is a heavy flow. I am tired, and have mild to bad cramps. With my first child I had my period for the first 3months before I found out I was PG with my first child. So, I'm a little confused if I could still be PG?!? I have taken a couple of tests and they have came back negative. I do not have insurance at the time to go to the Docs and get blood work done :/ Has anyone had these same symptoms and found out to be pregnant still?? I am praying that I am:) Thanks.
Hi ladies I am 19 and my bf and I had sex about 3 weeks ago my last period was the 16th and i ended the 19th I am 4 days late..am I pregnant?
Hi im 21 n have a three yr old but i was suppose to have my period on Aug. 10 2013, but im three days late could i be prego i have headaches like every mornings n throw up whiteish foam n my breast or sore n got mild cramps every know n then it comes n goes feels like my period is going to start but i run to the bathroom all i get is like a white discharge plzz help me anyone