My period is lasting longer than in should
I have been having my periods for about six years now and every period i have ever had has onlly lasted between 3 to 5 days and has always been really light and i never get period pains
The period i have now i got on the 15th and i still have it so im a bit worried
Another thing im worried about is the blood has changed
It started of as the normal thick dark blood
Now its very light in color and thickness which ive never had before
I do have an implanon which ive had for about six months and its never done anything to my periods as of yet
I have been feeling very run down and exhausted lately
Do i need to go see my doctor or is this normal?

These symptoms can be due to menorrhagia. Causes of menorrhagia are hormonal imbalance, fibroids(benign (non-cancerous) tumors that often occur in the uterus of women during their thirties or forties), uterine cysts(ovarian cysts) and polyps(cervical or endometrial.They are small, fragile,non cancerous growths in the cervix or uterus), some forms of cancer and certain medications. Intrauterine contraceptive devices (IUD’s) and pelvic inflammatory disease may also lead to such symptoms.

In my opinion, physical and pelvic examination along with blood tests and ultrasound pelvis are required to make a diagnosis. Please consult a gynecologist for that.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.