My right vagina lip is swollen

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

My right vagina lip is swollen

I woke up this morning and it felt like I had a small bump on the inside of my vagina and it was sore. I checked in the mirror and there was no spot or bump visible, just a small area where it was starting to get red. I didn't have time to worry about it so I went on to work as normal. At work I went to the bathroom and my vagina was super sore and red and the whole right lip of it was swollen to about 3 times normal size. I am a virgin and have not had any sexual interaction recently. I'm pretty concerned, as i'm in quite a bit of pain. What could this be?
It can be a boil or a cyst. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. . Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle. Treatment includes antibiotics and incision and drainage and do not touch or pick them up.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I just read this and wanted to ask I just had a Bartholin's cyst drained and they placed the antibiotic strips and the gauze inside to soak the bleeding. Dose the gauze come out on its own? Just because I feel it's pulls at the incision every time I use the restroom.
You need to get the vaginal gauze removed from your gynecologist as advised because otherwise there will be infection.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

AnnieBrooke commented on need a title -
TTC2006 commented on LONG, but I need inpu...
Sheaby commented on LONG, but I need inpu...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals