My third pregnancy

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

My third pregnancy

Hi, I have recently found out that I am 7 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child.  Is it correct that after your first pregnancy you start to show earlier than your first?  At what stage in pregnancy do you think I will start to show?  Also after the birth of my second child I had contractions for around a week after, do these get worse on the third pregnancy?
Well, it depends.  You might show earlier with this pg.  That is the general rule of thumb because your ab muscles are already stretched out.  How early you will show depends on how good of shape you are in and how long after your last pg this one is.  

If your last pg was 5 years ago and you work out 5 days a week then you probably won't show any earlier, or if your last pg was just a few months ago then you might show around 10-12 weeks.  It's very hard to say over the computer like this.

I'm not sure about the contractions after birth.  Were they really contractions, like labor contractions, or were they more like cramps?  I had lots of cramping for quite a while after I had my son.  I don't know if it would be more or less with each pg after that.
The cramps/contractions afterbirth are to clamp the uterus down and back to it's pre-pregnancy state. I know after my first daughter was born and I began breast feeding, I thought I was going to have another kid. And not just for a day or so but EVERYTIME she fed for a good couple of weeks. The doctor said it was normal, especially for women who breastfeed. Teh 4 that followed was I guess about the same drill, but not nearly as severe. Don't know if this was because I was already streched and basically my body knew more about what the heck it was doing or if it was more mental and I wasn't as freaked out about it. Maybe a combo of them both. You just have to chalk it up to a part of motherhood.. Sometimes it can be painful, but all worth it. I hope the next go-round is easier for you. Good Luck!
--J
hi

well i dont know bout contractions in thirds pregnacies but you can start to show in any month, how ever far gone you are.
i started showin and two months and i know that because i was a size 12 and i went upto a 14, within two months and i walked everywhere and lost loads of weight, and then all of a sudden i gained it back

good luck
Blimey I bet she's really she sorry she asked that question now after a response like that JaneEllen!!!  Must be the hormones!

Good luck to all of you - you all know you're own bodies better than anyone else don't let one persons negativity put a dampener on things - be pregnant and proud!!!  
Paxiled commented on FDA issued a warning ...
10 mins ago
Barb135 commented on FDA issued a warning ...
KTowne, Belle313, and LandM2009 commented on renae176's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals