My urine smells like ammonia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My urine smells like ammonia

Hi so I have problem... every few days my urine smells so strong that it make me ill.  This has been going on for a few years.  I do not have any STD's and have had a few different urine checks in the past few years with negative results.  I do not feel pain or bloating .  My urine turns my light colored undies dark and my dark undies get bleached out in the crotch.  This is getting old. I am 31 years old.  I stay hydrated but find i am very thirsty all through the night.  What should i be concerned about?  I know this is not normal.  Please Help..
thanks Jujubee
Tags: urine, smells
I am a 57 yr. old and have ammonia smell. It is very frustrating and I have had mine for 15 yrs. After I was invovled with a man for t4 years he cheated on me and gave me some stds. well anyway I have looked up alot of things done resome research and I think=k that they know what to give you for it. Taking acidophus has help me. after being on Microbid and keflex. An antibiotic The dr. I went too was a female and she told me to drink lots of water.Urinary tract infections are frequent in the last year. I have had about ten all together this year.I have gone to the nephrology dr. and He orders a 24 hr. uroine test on me. Not good enough so they have too take another one too get a clean catch.Of urine. Now he leaves me hanging there with nothing much too go on. He says see you back in three months.  Well I don't have three months.  My kidneys are worsing by the weeks and I cannot get them to tell me anything.of what is going on.Like I say if you use vitamens will help crandberry tablets, and acidolphilus and also vitamen C.
I dont know what eles to do right now.
Did you ever find out what that was?  it happens to me too.
Have any of you ever been tested for PCOS polycystic ovarian syndrome????? look up the symptoms and see if you have them there is alot more symptoms that it doesnt show like female odor and burning sometimes like ur vagina has been sun burnt that is because your body produces to much insulin and throws everything out of wack it actualy makes u a diabetic around the time of ur monthly cycle and all the toxins have to come out.