My vagina has reminded sore a couple days after having sex...why?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

THE BACK STORY
Okay, so I'm on the pill. Once I started the pill I started getting yeast infections. Okay, well I take care of infection with a cream. No big deal right?
So after a couple of months on the pill, my boyfriend and I decide to start being sexually active. (I always take my pill and he always wears a condom.) It wasn't until we started having sex that my vagina would get sore. I figured it was because my body wasn't use it having sex, and with all the trusting and such that was why I was sore. So now that we have been sexually active every time after sex I get sore and I spot bleed. (the bleed only happened a little and right after we have sex.) But even several days after having sex, my vagina remains sore and it's mainly sore on the right side of my vagina...why? The was my vagina feels is like I'm about to have my PMS...but I know it's not time for it and there is no heavy bleeding or anything.

THE QUESTION(S)
I was wondering why would I still have vaginal soreness/pain several days after having sex? And why would it be mainly sore on the right side of my vagina? Why would I spot bleed after sex? How can I make it stop? Is there anything to help? I would really appreciate you help and advice! Thank you!