My wife is pregnant and her SGPT/SGOT increases

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

my wife is pregnant of 6 month and last month she complaining regarding itching in whole body so that my friend recommended for LFT test. the test report indicates that SGPT=187 IU/L, SGOT= 85 IU/L what r the causes for that reading and what should i do for find normal value. what are the precaution should be taken during pregnancy wher SGPT and SGOT inceases.
What your wife was having is obstetric itch. A build-up of bile acids in the bloodstream causes a persistent itch in the last third of pregnancy. There is no cure for obstetric cholestasis. It s usually not serious but may cause still birth or premature birth. Some doctors prescribe ursodeoxycholic acid which is a naturally occurring bile acid and is used as a medication. It is often taken to help relieve itch. However its effect on baby is not majorly known.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks mam for your valuable advice now my wife's itching problem is rectified........