NAUSEA AND SPOTTING AND SWOLLEN URETHRA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

NAUSEA AND SPOTTING AND SWOLLEN URETHRA

Let me start by stating my tubes are tied and the past week I have been really nauseas and I spotted for 2 days when I started spotting my urethra swelled.  It doesn't hurt although sex w/ my husband was uncomfortable if in the wrong position.  But I have never had my urethra swell and the only time I definately don't have a weak stomach.  Honestly i would go to the doctor but w/ xmas just finished i am beyond broke, aka 2 lil girls ate my money and put it under the x mas tree.  Has anyone ever dealt w/ something like this?  Any guesses on what it could be?  Any advice on what it could be or what i should do would be greatly appreciated
Tubal ligation, regardless of whether the tubes are cut, burned, clipped, banded, or tied, is about 99 percent effective, meaning that about 1 percent of women will conceive an unplanned pregnancy after tubal ligation. This failure occurs slightly more frequently in younger women and after 3 years of tubal ligation.

The tubes have evolved in such a way as to try to heal themselves (like when the ends are cut and sutured, they may rejoin after sutures dissolve), and sometimes a tract(mostly endometriosis) develops that allows egg and sperm to meet.Hence there is an increased risk of having an ectopic pregnancy. Hence to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.