NO menstrual cycle
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months now.  It has been 9 months since my last period.  i was on Birth control for 3 years prior which regulated my periods because before being on Birth control It could be 6 months to a year between periods.  I have been to the doctor and had my paps, but our insurance doesn't cover fertility doctors.  Typically do woman ovulate when they don't have a period?  
Your regular ob-gyn should be able to treat you.  Getting you back into regular periods is not "fertility doctor" work, any ob-gyn should be able to diagnose you and prescribe a treatment.  

If your body suddenly snapped back into action and began to have normal cycles, it might be that you would ovulate first and then have a period.  But ovulation would be followed within a reasonable time (like a couple of weeks) by a period (unless, of course, you got pregnant that cycle).  Nine months of no period means at least 8 months of no ovulation.  At the best, you might have ovulated once, just recently.

I'd go see the ob-gyn and tell him you are not having periods, and get a workup to figure out why.