NO monthly period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

NO monthly period

I dont have a monthly period ever since when I was born until now. and my doctor said before 1998 I have no uterus and have complete ovaries. what the maining of this?
ok you said you havent had a monthly period from the time you were born, till now. so i guess you just got your period?

in 1998 your doctor said you have no uterus but have ovaries.

i thought you need a uterus to have a period so what your having might just be bleeding. im not really sure. your doctor diagnosed you they should have told you what it all means. if you have  questions about it then see that doctor or maybe another doctor
Sounds like you have MRKH syndrome.  It's an uncommon condition.  Often women that are born with this condition don't have the top of the vagina either, but this can be surgically fixed with expanders and a tissue graft.  So from that point of view you will be able to have sex naturally.  You will probably never get cervical cancer either if you don't have a cervic.  You will also never be able to carry a baby.

It will be possible for you to have a child with your genetics but you will need to go through IVF and have a surrogate ie your egg, your partner's sperm and an incubator.

But essentially you will live the rest of your life normally, just never have a period.  You'll go through menopause when your ovaries stop working.