Narcotic Withdrawal & Newborn
I have been taking Oxycontin, previously with backup Oxycodone for about 2 years (spinal surgeries, and brachial plexus nerve damage). I have taken it throughout my pregnancy, (now 7 month) under the guidance of my respected pain management physician - tapering down from 80 mg/ day, to now just 15 mg per day. I have not had withdrawal symptoms, just increasing nerve pain as I taper off which is making life extremely difficult. My questions:
1) Is it best to try to stop completely before delivery, or is the baby still at a risk of withdrawal symptoms since I have taken the drug so long? Has the damage been done and it is too late?
2) Is it correct that 15 mg per day considered a low dosage, with less risk of ill effects to the baby?
Thank you for any details and specifics you can provide.
Addendum to Above Question: PLEASE ONLY RESPOND IF YOU HAVE ACTUAL EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SITUATION, AND CAN OFFER EDUCATED ADVICE FOR THESE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.  THANK YOU SO MUCH.