Nausea after eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Nausea after eating

Does anyone know a reason that i would be getting nauseated after every time i eat? I know i am not pregnant? Any ideas? Thanks so much.
How do you know you are not pg????  I have seen you on the maternal/child board and thought you were TTC.  Is it everytime you eat something or just certain foods???  If you are definitely NOT pg are you wanting to be because it could be those psychosomatic symtoms (symptoms) ppl always talk about.  I wish I could be more help and maybe someone else will be.  Hope you get some answers.
well, i know if i eat at different times during the day my stomache feels funny afterwards. like if i eat breakfast (which i usually do not tsk, tsk, i know). or if i eat late at night. another tsk, tsk. if i eat a lot of cheese which i love i kind of get a belly ache. could you be lactose intolerant? you should jot down what you eat and keep track whether/not if you feel nausous after eating.
I dont drink milk...and dont eat a whole lot with milk products in it, so i dont think it could be the lactose thing. Yes, i want to be preg, but my dr's tell me not to even try right now. I know i am not preg. cause i have had my period since we last has intercourse. I mean, i know its possible, but highly unlikely. I would love more than anything to be preg. :)  It is every time i eat, no matter what it is i eat? Its kinda like ...a nervous nausea feeling if you know what i mean. You know how in HS you wanted to throw up every time you had to give a speech? Its kinda like that.
Thanks for your help so far...any more ideas?
I go to my OBGyn oct 20, and my kidney specialist Oct 28 and my endocrinologist Dec...something.
I dont know who to ask about this though?
well. i think you may have answered your own question. you are nervous/stressed about something. i know exactly how you feel. i have bouts of stress/anxiety and feel the EXACT same way. its because im stressing or worrying over something. are you? are you completly focusing on trying to get pregnant? why did your dr. say not to bother trying right now? whats up with that?
I have been type I diabetic for over 20 years and when i was 14, i started having kidney problems. The dr.s always assumed it was from the diabetes, but since the birth of my son, we have found out it is NOT from the diabetes. They want to make sure my kidneys can support another pregnancy. He says i should be ok to try again when i have lost 50 pounds...i have lost 5 so far. I know it probably has alot to do with stress....but what i am stressing about is something that will never go away. I have to learn to deal with it? My OBGyn put me on Wellbutrin XL...but it doesnt seem to be helping?
Thanks for your input so far.
Please keep responding. I hate this feeling?
Christina
could it be the diet you are on?
you mentioned seeing some dr. with upcoming appointments and said you werent sure who ask about how your feeling after you eat. i would ask ALL of them and see where it gets you. meanwhile, i would jot down what you eat and how you are feeling after and see if there are any patterns (certain foods/drinks, time of day, portions). just be careful, cuz sometimes when you are sooo conscious of something its like you are making yourself feel queazy. you know what i mean? its so hard to suggest but i know that if im particulary nervous/anxious at the time, sometime for days, i will be able to eat but feel nausous(sp)afterwards.
About the only thing i have changed is instead of eating a sausage bis. for b-fast, i eat Special K?
Could be the Wellbutrin making your tummy sick. It made me very nauseated.
ooooh..good eye! you go girl. i was wondering where you have been? there has been some action here on the forum and havent heard a peep outta ya? glad your back on. you give excellent tips. that makes complete sense (wellbutrin).
Thanks. We took the kids on a mini vacation. It was fun but I missed checking to see how everyone's been doing. And it's nice to be missed. So thanks for the nice words.
What causes nausea or vomiting?
The causes of nausea and vomiting are quite similar. Many things can bring on nausea. Some common causes are seasickness and other motion sicknesses, early pregnancy, intense pain, exposure to chemical toxins, emotional stress (fear), gallbladder disease, food poisoning, indigestion, various viruses, and certain smells or odors.

The timing of the nausea or vomiting can indicate the cause. When it appears shortly after a meal, nausea or vomiting may indicate a mental disorder or a peptic ulcer. Nausea or vomiting one to eight hours after a meal may indicate food poisoning. Foodborne diseases, such as Salmonella, may take longer to produce symptoms because of the incubation time.
Christina, I too experience the same thing, and have wondered if I am pregnant, but am beginning to think it is something else, as it is after I eat! (not before, or with the smell of certain foods, as before).So, I've been doing some research online, and found out about something called gastroparesis, I believe is how it's spelled. It is a disease of the stomach muscles, which causes the stomach to not grind food properly, and therefore it is not able to be metered out properly to the small intestine. The suggestions were upper GI to determine if this is the case. So, the enterology appt you have would be the one to start with, I believe. Good luck to you, and I pray we both get answers.
Hey girlies, its the Jenster. ;)
I've been feeling the same as Christina; getting nausea after I eat, and lately I've started vomiting too. I know I can't be pregnant because I'm a virign. Maybe I'll check out the gastroparesis thing. I don't think it's stress though, because I really don't have anything to be stressed about.
I was hoping to find an answer here. I am 1/3 of the way through my pregnancy. After I eat certain foods, like hamburgers, about 30 minutes after finishing, I have a massive amount of nausea.  It goes back down after an hour or so.  Any ideas why it gets so much worse?

Nancy
ok now what if you have the nausea after eating and for the rest of the day/evening when your not eating and your not nervous or stressed out? its strange b/c if i were pregnant i dont know how it would be. i haven't had sex for 1 month cuz i had surgery and the last 3 days i have been with my fiance. its not posssible to experience prego symptoms 3 days in. ??
Well, I'm not sure but this could be your problem. Might not be, but it could be.

Physical symptoms of ovarian cancer include:

* abdominal discomfort or pelvic pain
    * bloating
    * difficulty eating or feeling full quickly
    * frequent urination
    * fatigue
    * backache
    * nausea, indigestion, loss of appetite
    * weight loss
    * change in bowel habits
    * gas
    * pain during intercourse
    * abnormal vaginal bleeding (rare)

I had the same problem and was diagnosed with H-pylori - stomach bacteria. You feel nauseated after eating and hungry every few hours.
I know what you mean. I have the same problem but mine is probably related to my diet. I got into this funk where I stopped eating other than one meal a day. I've been doing it for months now & I dont really know how to get back on track. When I eat I feel horrible like I'm eating thanksgiving meal like 100 times in a row. Super sick feeling. So maybe it has something to do with your diet, I'm pretty sure thats what my problem is.
i have the same thing. have you not thought about IBS ( irritable bowl syndrom (syndrome)) it can cause bloating, nausia and stomoch cramps.....the type that you get when you feel nervous. If this is the problem there is no long time sure but it can be medicated. Can inflame with stodgy foods, alcohol and stress. Hope this helps
I've been feeling the same way as of late (about two weeks so far). I know I'm not pregnant because its been around 4ish months since I last had intercourse, and I've had 5 periods and multiple pregnancy tests (due to surgery and various Xrays for my weak ankles and such).
I only get nauseous when I eat a full serving of a single food (or more, like a meal). I vomit occasionally, but usually as long as I lay down with my eyes closed for a while (over an hour) the nausea will pass. I know its not from overeating because I'm hungry when I eat. At first I would put off eating as long as I could stand because of the nausea, but now I've gotten to where I eat on a regular schedule - the amount/intensity of nausea has not changed.
I have been diagnosed with IBS but this is not one of my usual symptoms. I don't know what to do...help?
I wonder if that's what I am experiencing, I seem hungry no matter what, but I get super sick when I eat.  I haven't thrown up yet, and hot bubble baths seem to help.  I suppose it could be stressed, even though I definitely don't feel stressed, I did just go off of an anxiety medication a couple months ago.
I havent had a period in months but I took a pg test an it was negative. I had sex for like a week straight but I dnt think it has to do with it. I have been either sick or vomiting everytime I eat no matter what it is. The nausea comes instantly but I sometimes won't vomit for hours. Don't think I'm stressed, and I woke from a dead sleep throwing up last night. The only thing that helps is not eating but then I'm so freaking hungry. Idk what to do):
hi im 14 nearly 15, i have not started my period and i am still a virgin, i feel sick after eating and after peeing..., whats up, im afraid to ask my parents and a dr
I hope that you found your answers. I just read this article. I think most people either answered for a while and then stopped paying attention to the article to see who said something. I hope that you overcame your fear of asking your parents and Dr. It's worse going thru something alone.
there are certain foods I ate like a week ago and they gave me gagging reflex today didnt taste the same why?
Ok I'm on yaZ but only for 7 months and my bf and I have been having intercours unprotected. For the past 2 - 3 weeks I'm alway nauseous after eeting and only at night. M bf said that my tummy is getting bigger. I took hpt and it came back negative. Could the hpt lie?? Could I be pregnant?? Plz I need advice