Need a little help...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Need a little help...

A few days ago, I noticed a small, zit-like, red lump in my vaginal area. It didn't hurt at first but over the last couple days it has become rather painful, and it also feels hard like there's puss or something in it. I had an abscess on my thigh a couple months ago and had to go to the hospital to get it drained, I'm hoping this isn't the same thing and that I won't have to do that again. I've been taking warm baths and putting acne cream on it everyday, which seems to help a little. I just wanna know what it is and what I can do.
Tags: RED BUMPS, Red bump near vagina, Painful red bump, vaginal, lumps, painful
Avatar_dr_f_tn
This can be a boil, but since you can feel like there is pus, it should not be taken lightly. This can easily turn into an abscess if not treated properly. Hence washes and application of antibiotic creams will help. Also you may be need systemic antibiotics to treat the infection. Because of the prior history of abscess in the thigh, you should test your blood sugar levels. Recurring infections can be due to diabetes. Consult your Doctor. Hope this helps.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.