Need some Medical assistance
I recently had a laproscotomy done back in November 2015, I had My left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to an abnormally large cyst which caused a major infection of my insides. It is now January 2016, I was wandering is it normal to still experience abdominal pain? Some times it feels like I was punched in the stomach, it hurts when I cough, move to suddenly, and lie down too quickly. How long is the pain suppose to be there after a procedure like this? is this normal to be experiencing this sort of pain well over 8 weeks after surgery? And i was wondering how long does it take for the menstral cycle to get back on track? Its been almost 2 months since my surgery and I still havent had my period.
Do you mean a laprotomy? When they slice you open in a c-section? Or vertical. I had a laprotomy to remove a fibroid. It took a while for me to get back to normal. And the thing about that kind of surgery is that they have to cut through abdominal muscles so that takes longer to heal. And then there's adhesions which is basically scar tissue that develops inside where the incisions were and those cause some pain from time to time. I had my surgery in 2011 and now that area of my abdomen has pain whenever I lean against something or if my cat jumps on me or if my pants are too tight.

As for your period, it could take some time. First of all, that kind of trauma to your body will affect your hormones which then affect your period cycle. I'm pretty sure it took several months for mine to go back to normal. Also because your ovary deals with menstruation so it's not surprising that you're having a disruption in your cycle. Now you only have one ovary left that needs to do al the work. It's all related to the surgery and it's pretty typical to have these kinds of problems after something like that. I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. Give it some more time.
Yeah I lost my right ovary it hurt like hell for months after sore. I'm fine now sex went back to normal can't even tell it's gone. Don't worry you won't even notice it.
Hi I don't know if this will help but I had to be cut as well in Sept 2015 and my cycle came for over a month until he had to prescribe a light dose birth control because it wouldn't go away as far as the pain it takes time because I just started back being a sore and the feeling in certain spots has yet to come back. While I am glad that the surgery went well the aftermath has been to say the least challenging as I also suffered from nausea and vomiting for some time after some days I could eat some days I can't