Women's Health Community
Negative HPT, No Period, Light Spotting, No Other Symptoms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Negative HPT, No Period, Light Spotting, No Other Symptoms

Hi, everyone.  I am 35 years old and my husband & I are trying for our first child.  My LMP was on 12 July, and I was due for my next one on 12 August (last Friday).  I have a very regular 31-day cycle, ovulating typically between Days 17-19, during which my husband and I had sex.  

As of today, 19 August, I still do not have my period but two pregnancy tests performed earlier this week (3 days late) and yesterday (6 days late) have both come up negative.

I have had no other symptoms of pregnancy (or even my usual PMS) other than some mild breast tenderness midweek this week that seems to ebb and flow.  Yesterday I began having some light-to-dark brown spotting, no cramps.  Nothing heavy.  No red blood.  No clots.

What does all of this mean?  Is it possible I am pregnant but it's still too early to tell?  Or is my period just late?  Is this just a wait-and-see proposition?

I would appreciate some insight from those of you who have experienced a similar situation.  PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME.  I would really like to hear from someone who has already experienced this and passed through it and can shed some insight.

Thank you so much for your help! :D