Negative blood test with Braxton Hicks and movement
I am 8 weeks from my last period.  My uterus is enlarged, with movement and Braxton Hicks.  All pregnancy symptoms except for nausea. Just had a negative blood test last week.  Tested negative urine test this morning.  I have two children.  Anyone else tested negative quantative blood test and was still pregnant?
Maybe YOU don't.
I'm afraid that who_is_this is right.  8 weeks is waaaay too early to be feeling movement and BH's.  I'm sorry, it's hard to hear I'm sure.  

I hope you find out what's going on very soon.  With a negative blood test, you can be assured that you're not pg.  Even though there are many stories online about someone who knew someone one time, it's just not the case.  A blood test at 8 weeks pg is infallable.
Okay, I'll answer what you asked. Have I ever known someone who was 8 weeks pg, felt BH and fetal movement, yet tested negative on a quantitative blood test?

NO

There, you have my answer.

Andi
You are not pregnant.  There are other conditions that can mimic pregnancy, enlarging abd and even sensations that can be interpreted as "movements".

Plus, you don't feel fetal movements or BH contractions at 8 weeks after your last period.  

I have read that you can feel movement around 7 weeks, but the chances of actually feeling it are very minimal.  And BH that early are very rare.  Ive never heard of a case with BH that early.  You can however have feeling of your uterus enlargeing.  That could be sharp pains like BH, I have these types of pains all the time and I am almost 20 weeks.  My MD has reasured me they are not BH, just my uterus growing.  If you believe that you feel movement and are having BH, go to your OB/GYN and have a blood test done.
I have been pg 8 times and despite having lost 5, I have still had two boys and am now 20 weeks with my 3rd child. I have NEVER felt movement that early and certainly have never had BH contractions that early. Are you aware of how small your baby would be at that point? My OB was stunned that I felt flutters at 12 weeks with my second, nearly unheard of and only confirmed during an ultrasound. Most likely what you are feeling is either uterine spasms or gas, both of which happen when you are not pregnant as well.

Given that and the negative result, I am going to agree with the others. Pg is not at all likely. Oftentimes our minds caa play tricks on us and lead us to look at every little twinge as a sign of pg despite having hard scientific proof to the contrary.

Andi
We'll see won't we.  I felt my second baby move at 10 weeks and began to have Braxton Hicks at that time, as well.  I KNOW what they feel like since I had them constantly throughout both of my pregnancies. They were constant and became quite painful at the very end.  No dilation.

I didn't start this thread to be told whether or not I'm pregnant.  I can find that out with time and an ultrasound. I started it to find out if there are any other people who have experienced this...that were pregnant.

It's not hard to hear, as I was not planning on having any more children and would rather not be pregnant, at this time.  But I cannot ignore all of the symptoms, which I haven't even listed.

I'll be sure to let you know the results.
The uterus can have contractions just from walking, and those aren't BH, they're just little contractions.
I'd like to ask a serious question here, at 8 weeks, how do you know your uterus is enlarged? Can you tell by feeling around your lower abdomen?
Generally speaking, by knowing you are 8 weeks pregnant you can assume your uterus has gone from about the size of a pear to the size of a grapefruit.  I couldn't tell be feeling, though my pants are hard to button! :)
Hi-I have just started feeling movement in my lower abdomen about 1 week ago and I have had 2 very light periods. 3 preg home preg tests have been negative. I feel like I am going crazy because something is moving around in me. Guess I too will go to the Doc and see what happens. Thanks for your post-its very helpful to know their is somebody elso with the same experience.
hi! I am so happy I ran across your site.. I to have felt movement with all 3 of my pregnancies early on.. my doctor thought I was nuts when I said I felt movement around 9 weeks with my first, 8 weeks with my second and 8 weeks with my 3rd.. and with my third I never showed any HCG's on my preggy tests.. I was feeling movement and still having a light period so I took a preggy test and it was negative.. I took 4 tests in one week and they were all negative.. so my normal yearly pap was july 1st 2005 that next week and I said can you please check to see if I am preggy or give me a sono or something, I feel movement, I took a preggy test the last one yesterday and it was negative, maybe I am growing a tumor or something, maybe I am having phantom flutters cause I just had a baby 15 months ago, so my normal doc was on vacation and I asked for a sonogram cause somethign was up.. so there was a baby on the screen.. measured 8 weeks.. preggy test in thier office was positive, but I never tested positive on a stick test.. I dont know why I didnt ever have any hcg's.. but I also never dialated with my  complete pregnancies.. (I misscarried my first baby at 10 weeks)
So I wonder if HCG's help you dialate in the end.. I dont know.. I was 3 weeks overdue with my 1st baby and still never dialated, I was 3 weeks early with my last pregnancy.. Who knows! I am one for the books I guess.. I know I am not crazy, I am really intune with my body, I know exactly what ovary I using when Ovulating, but crazy thing is, I have a 5 month old now and I am feeling movement again for 2 weeks straight, moodswings galore, tired, irratable, and I took a preggy test 2 days ago and once again negative.. so I have a dr appt next week.. Gonna go thru this again!  I think I need to be in a case study or seomthing, cause its really rare to feel it that early and not have hcg's...
But I hope this helps the person who had feelings of movement and no hcg's.. cause I to have this...
so did you ever find out if you were preggy?
Lots of Love
Misty
www.mommy2bematernity.com
I don't want to get your hopes up because it may be something else but my mother was 7 months pregnant before a urine test or blood test came back positive for her being pregnant.  So it is possible.
hi,im in the same situation this would be my 4th pregnancy,ive had 4 tests which were negative and a blood test too.i still feel pregnat but the docs done an examination a cant feel anything ive been feeling movements,i know im pregnant,but what seems to be wrong??please help
my 1st preg showed hgc at 5weeks, 2nd preg not till 13weeks, this one is kicking around my bellybutton and still negative urine tests!! so yes it does happen, and is happening to me right now!
and im so glad to find others who experience the same because its sending me crazy arguing with midwives at hospitals and doctors to get them to do the blood check and sonogram since the urine test is negative, and they get annoyed and treat me like im a nutter!! saying it is impossible to be pregnant and get a negative test!! well funny how a baby appears a few months later!! i want to become an ob or midwife now, at least i wont try to bully other women away when they are really pregnant, i would do all the checks first.
I have 4 children and have had 6 pregnancies and I too am feeling a baby move inside of me. Everyone says it is gas and if there is anyone that knows the difference it is me. None of my pregnancies have been very normal "by the book" pregnancies, but all the others have tested positive on home pg tests. I am not only testing neg on a urine test this week, but have also been having regular monthly periods, not necessarily lighter, but my periods are light anyway. I am going to try to get a sonogram as soon as possible. I'm glad to see that I am not crazy and others are feeling the same thing. I was not looking to get pregnant again, but would be happy just the same. Just need to know what's going on!
I'm so glad to read this!

I am losing my mind.  I am having all the pregnancy symptoms (extreme fatigue, heartburn, "pregnancy brain", hip soreness, etc).  My stomach even seems like its enlarging and I SWEAR I feel flutters!  I was pregnant 2 1/2 years ago and I know what they feel like, too.  In addition, today I just started having Braxton Hicks contractions.  I had those a TON with my son and I definitely know what they feel like!  I have no idea how far along I would be because I am only 36 days out from my last period... but the last period was REALLY light with some spotting in the middle, too.  My periods are normally like clockwork so this is all very weird to me.  I've taken two pregnancy tests (one last month with the weird period and one this month without a period) and they both said negative.  I just don't believe it.  Not at all.  I have an appointment to do bloodwork with my doctor on Monday.

One problem, though... I have an IUD... so, even if I am pregnant, I don't expect it to work out.  I am already prepared for that.

One more "weird" thing.... I hadn't received any "expecting" e-mail newsletters since I was pregnant with my son 2 1/2 years ago and a couple of days ago I got one that said, "Are you expecting?"  Creepy! haha

I will try to come back and let you guys know what I find out.
I SWEAR I feel flutters but I've been feeling them for a while now.  The past few months they have been all day every day though.  I've had one child and she is 5 now, so I do have some expiriance with pregnancy(even though I know every pregnancy is diff.).  My periods are NEVER regular ever sense I've had my daughter and it's been three months now sense my last.  I did take a home preg test two months ago,  However a couple days ago I had faint brown streaking with side pain and back pain.  It's hard for me to lay on my stomach now and today I have a deep red(yet very little) blood when I go to the bathroom.  I'm SO frustrated with myself!  How can my body be telling me I'm pregnant if it's not true? Could I have a tumor or intestine problem?  

Side note: I've been seeing the doctors for the past few years to find out why my periods are abnormal and with all blood work and other test coming back normal. Still have no answers. So I'm worried whatever is going on with me is just getting worse and honestly maybe by letting it get worse, is the ONLY way I'll be able to get spicific symptoms to get a true diagnosis! :(