Nipple Color

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Nipple Color

Hi, I have a lot of questions about my body.. lol! Well, this one is about nipple color. Does the color of your nipples mean anything? All the girls in my family have light pink nipples, but mine are dark, almost brown.. Does this mean anything?
Is your skin tone darker than the others? I know that while pg with each of my boys, mine darkened. As time has gone by, they have lightened back up. It was very drastic with me as I am very very fair skinned.

It generally has to do with skin tone, but hormones can affect their color.

Andrea
Nipples can be dark genetically or by heredity. But why the color of nipples changes with time? It
I have never been pregnant, and I am still a virgin.. I am however, very dark complected.
Read my entire reply Sarah/Michelle/786. I said the exact same thing but in a way that is much easier for someone to understand. Nobody here likes to be talked down to or made to feel stupid, I suggest you exercise some respect for others and spend less time trying to impress people with a wordy and trivial diagnosis.

Andrea
Read the first line of my reply.
hey guys, sorry if i caused any trouble. i don't want you 2 to be in a conflict, but thank you both very much for your help.
Sorry, I don't want you to think you caused any conflict.

Always remember that if you have any questions about your health to talk to your doctor.

Andrea
Thanks guys! You always know how to answer my questions!
You didn't cause any conflict.

As Andrea said, if you have a dark complexion, your nipples will likely be darker.  There is such a wide range of normal, even among women in the same family!  
hi m virgin n i have a prb abt nipple colour .my nipple colour changes it becomes slightly dark .m worried how it is n why
I noticed that I have a green nipples complexion. I had a child two yrs ago. I haven't breast fed my baby for 8 months now. My nipples complexion are naturally dark brown but know with a light shade of green. Have you ever heard such a thing?
I found Sarah's post to be much more informative than yours.  In fact, I had to go back and re-read your post to remember what you even said, whereas hers answered the question I came here to find out.  Don't assume everyone on the internet shares your vocabulary.
My nipples are flat and swolen and also darkening abit, i have a few symptoms of pregnancy but not sure anymore because i had my period but it was a week late and also lasted 3 days. Dont know what to think. Please help
IAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM REDY TO ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
***
My nipples have been really sensitive and sore to touch for the past few days. I'm currently on the contraceptive injection and have been for the past few years. Ive never missed an injection and never had it late, so I doubt very much I could be pregnant. Anyone have any ideas as to what else could cause this?