Nipple pain, dimpling on nipple

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Nipple pain, dimpling on nipple

I am not pregnant, nor could I be, my period is not due for another two weeks. I'm 19 years old. My right nipple has been extremely sore for about a week and a half. Just today, I noticed some dimpling on the one side of my nipple. Also, the small, normal, bumps on my nipple, one of them is very sensitive and painful to any touch or rub from my t-shirt with no bra. I simply would like to know where the dimpling may come from, and why this breast is so sensitive and the nipple painful (and especially the small bump).

I have been having breast issues with my left breast just within the past 3 months. My left breast was secreting blood droplets that stained my bra during the day and all over my t-shirts at night. I had an ultrasound on that breast and nothing was found, both my doctor and the specialist said it shouldn't be a serious issue due to my age, unless it continues (I have had no problems with it for the past 2 months now and it's been fine).

It really doesn't make sense why my right breast would be causing problems now--especially that the symptoms are completely different from issues I've had with the left. My last period was 2 weeks ago, it could be possible I'm getting it again, but strange for it to come this early. In conclusion--what is pain and dimpling of the nipple typically associated with?
you should go see your doctor, those simptoms might be related to breast cancer but until you know for sure i cant tell you exactly what it is...
if you are using birth control that might be another thing that can cause those symptoms...
Is it possible that the right breast has a pimple on it?  If not, judging from the problems you have had on the left side, I would go back to the doctor.  Many doctors like to push breast problems off for young women, but this is serious.  Change doctors if you have to until you find one that will investigate your problems fully.  You are not too young to get breast cancer, but are young enough that if caught early, it can be completely cured.  

It's possible you have some sort of mastitis (I know you are not pregnant, but your ducts could be infected).  Still, a good reason to get checked out.  Good luck!
I forgot to say, I am not on birth control nor any kind of medication including allergy medicine. I may have to see a doctor if it's not pms that's causing it, which I don't think it is as of now.
KTowne I think DH and I will be tr... Comment
Paxiled commented on Men How to Keep It UP...
Paxiled commented on Some Foods From The O...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals