No Period. Negative Pregnancy Test.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

No Period. Negative Pregnancy Test.

My Last Normal Menstral Period was on November 1. It lasted for about 3-4 days like normal. When it come around for my next period, November 29, it never showed. I wasnt worried, i just figured i was a little late. When it never came i started thinking that i could be pregnant, so i took a HPT. NEGATIVE!! so i waited a few more days, NEGATIVE again. Still NO period. I figured it up and i would be right at 6 weeks pregnant, but i took ANOTHER test this morning and it was NEGATIVE also. I dont know what to do. I have all the symptoms of pregnancy, but i dont want to go to the Doctor without a positive test.
At 2 weeks late, and 3 negative hpt's, you can be confident you're not pg.  Your period must be delayed for some other reason.  Have you been sick recently?  Stress?  What brand of hpt have you been using?
i used EPT and First Response. i have never missed a period before. The only sickness i have had is being nauseas sometimes in the morning. No Stress AT ALL.
i was acctually hoping to be pregnant. We have been trying for 3 months and it hasnt happened yet. but i always have a period.
This happened to me also. Negative pregnancy tests and I had never been late. I wasn't pregnant and never figured out why my period was so late. Sometimes when you worry about it or even think you may be or want to be pregnant you can make your body do weird things. I would say the negative HPT's are probably a good indicator that you are not pregnant, as it did in my case a few months ago.
i read where you are now pregnant. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i could get pregnant sooner. According to my calendars, i should have been very fertile on Dec. 12th and ovulating on the 13th. im not on the pill and i have been taking folic acid. is there anything else that i can do.
I used OPK. Once I knew I had my LH surge, we made sure we tried real hard for a few days (: We also did a few days before, once I suspected ovulation was about to occur. Voila! I had positive HPT within 10 DPO! I wouldn't worry too much. It'll happen. I know that is so much easier said than done. I was in your shoes a few months back, then had a miscarriage unfortunately only on 11/16. I got pregnany within weeks after that. So it can happen. Just keep trying and pay attention to your body and ovulation signs!
I ovulated sooner than I thought. Don't bet on those calendars. Also, I took baby aspirin. One 81 mg pill a day. Take prenatal vitamins also. That's what I did. Eat healthy. I've read that taking robitussin to help your cervical mucus at ovulation time helps also. Or buy Pre-Seed lubricant.
thank you so much! we have been trying for the last week, even though we thought that i could already be pregnant. I should have ovulated on the 13th and we have been going strong once a day everyday. ;) do you think it could happen now even though i didnt have a period last month?
The best way to ensure you hit your fertile time is to BD every other day from when your period ends to almost when you're due for another period.  This way you don't have to rely on calendars (which aren't really accurate anyways) or buy OPK's all the time.

I did use an OPK for DS.  It worked the first month so they can be quite useful.  Also, keep an eye out for EWCM and be sure to BD on those days.  Also, you could start charting your BBT to confirm that you are ovulating.  There's lots of tools out there if you want to use something.

It can take a normal healthy couple up to 12 months to conceive, so sometimes you do everything exactly right and it still takes a little time.

Good luck!!!
If you are sure you ovulated then yes, you could get pregnant. But maybe you aren't ovulating. If you suspect just yesterday, maybe buy an OPK and see what it says. Happy baby making!!
JJety is right. I've heard and read everywhere that every other day is better. But we couldn't hold off to just every other day! Every day still worked for us (: Twice!
Oh yeah, if you're rearing to go and want to do it every day by all means have at it.  :-)  You just don't have to force yourself everyday if you don't feel like it.
is it true that the best day is the last day that you have EWCM? I had someone tell me that, but we just try everytime its there!! :)
Usually the day it's the stretchiest is the day you ovulate. Do you have any ovulation pains ever? I do, so that really helps! About the every other day for BD though, that is probably better than every day because it increases your partners sperm count. The day in between gives it time to build up. But who knows...
Most likely you might have missed ovulation this month.  Dont worry though, you've got plenty of months ahead.  Remember to enjoy 'trying' to have the baby to! If you think about it too much you can give yourself stress without even realizing it.

I tried with my husband for about 7 years to get pregnant. We went thru the whole doctor testing etc etc.. Than I met this really nice Asian lady down at my housing communities pool and she talked to me about life changes I needed to make.

She suggested to me to stop drinking soda completely, drink only water, walk at least a mile a day (I walked way more than that back than but still adding it here), and take prenatal vitamins.  I was lacking a lot of essential vitamins in the diet I was on (folic acid) and poisoning myself with caffeine.

I did what she said for 3 months and wham I conceived. Crazy!

I think you would benefit by not counting your days and go for a "I want to be surprised when it happens" approach.  A lot more FUN dont ya think? hehe

After you've been trying for a year unsuccessfully, than its time to see a doctor.  

Good luck!
One small word of advice! :) Three months is no time at all in terms of getting pregnant. I don't know how old you are, but if you're under 30, it can (and often does) take up to a year of trying. If you're over 30, in my and my friends' experience, it can take much longer than that.

It's so funny - we spend our lives trying desperately to avoid pregnancy, then when we want it to happen, it's the toughest thing in the world!
even before we decided to start trying we had a very healthy sex life. i do remember doing it a couple days before, that day for sure, and a couple days after. maybe if i wasnt pregnant then, i will be now. i work at a hospital and have access to a blood test, when do you think that i could get one done that would be accurate?
You might have to wait for a regular period to ovulate. Sounds like you might be missing ovulation this last time. It happens! Anyhow, good luck and be healthy! I cut out caffeine also, when ttc. Whatever I did worked!
i am accutally quite a health freak. i dont do caffine anyways. havent for a LONG time!! I guess i am just concerned because i missed my last period and that is very unusual. so if i miss my next period do you think i should go to the Dr or take another HPT?
I went to my doctor after only missing one period because I had never been irregular. She wasn't concerened for just one time, but said if it happens again, they would probably test my thyroid. The next month I was actually 3 days early! But you can always take an HPT to make sure, before you go. Dollar Tree has some cheap tests and they are some of the best and most sensitive out there according to peeonastick.com. They worked great for me! I stocked up on them! Good luck!!
Some docs won't even see you until you've missed your second period, because having a late period is so common.

I hope you get some answers soon!! Good luck!!
thanks everyone for the thoughts!! i am going to wait for a couple of weeks too see if i get my period the next time!! if not, then i am going to make an appt. Ill keep in touch!!
Why dont you get your blood drawn.LMP o nov/01.I had 3 negatives dec/01 also.Went in got blood drawn & was told I was barely 3/4 wks.HCG levels went from 58,211,1031.Mondays my u/s.After the 3rd I gave up & went to the dr.With my dd the same.I found out at 2 months.Af never showed.Wait or get blood drawn.You'll still find out...nanis
yes i have ovulation pains. usually they are about 1.5-2 weeks before my next period is due. This past time, there was some really stretchy EWCM. That was after i had my last period though. i think i was probably a week late then.
the caffeine one is nuts. caffeine does not affet gettign pregnant. LOL.

I bought the ovulation sticks. what a waste of money. it didnt work. and accoring to the ovulation calendar I saw on google.com that was wrong too. mainly two weeks after your period and every other day, not every day. if you do it every day you kill off the sperm. it takes 24-72 hours for sperm to latch to the egg.

lets say day 12 of Jan is your day of ovulation. then try the 1oth the 12th and the 14th.

and another wives tale: woman on top, you wont get pregnant. thats a lie. I have a 9 year old to prove it. :)
Just to comment on getting pregnant... I was 41 got off of the pill after 18 years and got pregnant in 4 months....I had a healthy baby boy in June of this year. I went back on the pill and now I am 12 days late on my period. My last period was Nov.9th and I too am very regular....all my HPT's have been negative. I too am puzzled as to why and I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for their test. I doubt I'm pregnant, but maybe it's hormones????? Anybody have this situation???
I am having the same problem I have not had a period since Sept. 23 or around that time and out of two test the last was yesterday the 8th and it was neg but i'm trying desperately and it is taking me forever and I was wondering if I could still be ovulating even though i'm not having my period
caffeine certainly can stop pregnancy. Maybe not for the normally fertile people, or people who are not allergic to it. But for somebody who has issues with it it can mean pregnancy or not.

And caffeine is not good for you or baby so if you are pregnant stay away from pop and especially diet pop, aspertame is nasty stuff.
I have a question. I have been trying to get pregnant for only two weeks and I knew it was before my period. Now I am three weeks late with negative pregnancy tests. I'm sure it's due to stress because the tests are just coming up negative for me every single time. But what I want to know is...if you are late for your period, does that mean you are still ovulating?
Okay i was on depo for 9 months in july i stopped getting it because me and my husband decided to try for  a baby. i got 21 days of bleeding in sep 21 days in oct 24 days in nov and dec i had 7 i stopped bleeding dec 7 so i thought i should get my period jan 7 or sometime after.. well i missed my period the whole month of january. i took a home test it was neg and a blood test which was neg also. i have  always been on time and i knew the bleeding was from the shot but my boobs hurt sooo bad im moody sooo tired and always hungry this just isnt normal! i know my tests came out neg but could i still be pregnant? or does anyone know why im so late?
Also i am not stressed or over weight no thyroid problem so hormone inbalances soo i guess im confused
Yes u could be pregnant. u should go get a blood pregnancy test done and if neg wait a few weeks and call if ur period doesnt show and get another blood test done or an ultra sound ive heard of people not having enough hormones in there body till there like 4 months along also its important because something else could be going on with ur body GO TO THE DOCTOR IT WILL HELP ALOT!