No period, but not pregnant. After use of IMPLANON®

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hello all. I am a 18 year old female. After my first pregnancy, I decided it would be a while before I tried again due to the fact I lost the baby three weeks prior to his due date (Small Placenta), and I did not want to take a pill everyday (My life was in shambles, I barely remembered to feed the animals) So I used the IMPLANON® Implant as a Contraceptive.

I finally decided to take it out in august shortly after my anniversary in 2011. I used it for 6 months total. I did have one period after it was removed. The blood flow was moderate and it lasted for nine days. That was in September around the 8th or so (The starting day, not the end ). Here we are, it's now March and I have not had a period since then!
I wish to see the doctor and soon, but just wanted to see what you all here thought first. And also, if you have anything you think I should ask the GYN to check or if you think I should ask him anything, please, do tell me!
You can message me or comment here, I do not mind, everything helps!
Thanks so much!
Missed periods is the first sign of pregnancy. To confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.
Apart from pregnancy, there are many other reasons for a delayed period. The other causes are hormonal imbalance like in PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), stress, obesity, malnutrition, anemia, hypothyroidism, illness, etc.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.