No period, but not pregnant. Whats going on??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

For the last 4 months my husband and I have been trying to fall pregnant. I am 27 years old. The thing is, I have missed my last TWO periods. I'm not irregular, so when I missed the first one, I thought I was pregnant.
Test after test have shown there is nothing "pregnant" about me, but still no period. 3 days to go before my next period is due, and I'm not sure what is going on. I havn't even had any tell tale symptoms that my period is coming.
Any ideas of whats happening?
were you on the pill before you were trying to get pregnant? if so,  did you ever have irregular periods before you went on the pill?
This might sound weird. But have you lost weight or do over exercise? The reason I ask is because when I dropped from 115 lbs to 90lbs I didnt get my period for 6 months. I got it back upon gaining weight. And some people that exercise a lot can lose their period as well. Just a thought, if not the case then let me know and I will think of other reasons. I bet it is frustrating that you can't are wanting to get pregnant but your period is being a pain in the butt.
No... I wasn't on the pill. I had a IUD in about a year ago, but I've had my period regually scince I had it taken out up until almost 3 months ago.
I havn't lost any weight lately. If anything, I've put weight on!
I just don't know what could be going on.
You may have a cyst.  That happens when you release an egg but you don't ovulate (have a period), so you never release the egg and it forms a cyst on your uterus.  Often you don't know even know it is there, but not having a period is (or could be) an indication of that.  Don't go more than 3 months without a period.  Consult your doctor--they may recommend an ultra-sound.
I have had irregular periods since the birth of my daughter almost six years ago, but since having my youngest daughter in 2003 my periods have become really bad.
I was bleeding sometimes 3 times per month.
My Dr has tried everything, including the coil, the jag, the pill and hormone tablets with none having any luck.
I was due to have a period on the 2nd aug, but it still hasn't come yet, there is a possability That I could be pregnant but according to several tests I'm not.
My period signs have come and gone twice but still no period.
Any ideas?
maybe you have pcos or have a cyst in your ovary. i would do a blood test too see if youre pregnant for sure. my best friend was six months pregnant and she did over a million home pregnnacy tests. all said negative. she finally found out because she wen to ER because of bad constipation. pcos and cysts can cause irregular periods and harder to conceive. ask your doctor and get a pelvic ultrasound
my last comment was for Avaheart
i had iud in december i had to take it out because i was bleeding so much i had 1 or 2 periods after that i had a period at the end of april it only lasted 3 days.I havent had one since i have pain in my lower adominal (abdominal) on the right i was told i a cyst in the past but it was nothen to worry about.Soon i'll be getting married and my husband to be has no kids i'm really worried if i can't get pregant.What should i do?
yea me too ive been on the pill but got off it like 3 months ago had a period...then i was sposed to have one last month but didnt come..i took a pregnancy test today says im NOT pregnant but i have like little cramps every now and then but i wonder why
I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative..I have not had a period for the last 5 months.No sign that I will get one in the near future either...The last month my abdomen has been swollen and I always feel full.It some times feels like my ovaries are aching.My lower back is also starting to ache.It feels like there is constant pressure on my ovaries and lower back..I also feel light cramps in my abdomen now and then....I used to get my period every month like clock work.I almost died every month from the pain(especially in my thighs)...Anyone know what's going on? Is it ovarian cysts?
hi ok so i havent had a period in 3 months i havent been on birthcontrol but am praticing safe sex i have taken 3 home prego test to clinic prego tests and a blood test so im not prego woot lol but....i dont know whut is going on is a cyst a really bad thing whut do they do to get rid of it and whut are signs of one????? and if u were me what would you do??
I am 17 years old. I haven't had my period in almost 3 months. I have taken 1 preg. test and it said I wasn't. I have had some cramping and mood swings but no period.. What is going on? What are the chances of me really maybe being prego? I refuse to go to the doctor because I CANNOT tell my Mom. I have 3 sisters who have ALL managed to have a kid under the age of 20. They tell me every day not to follow that path and how proud they are of me. I need lots of advice. Please, please help me.

I always got my period on time but aftre my miscarriage in July, 2009, I got my period in september ( Normal Period). No period in Oct, Nov and Dec. The doctor put me on Provera  to get my period and i got it in January but it wasn't as heavy as my normal periods.  Now february, I was suppose to get my perid on the 7th and still no period. I don't think i'm pregnant because i have taken 3 tests and all negative.

Please advise.

i havent had my period for 3 months, i had sex in september and after that i had my period till november but after that i have not had my period.i had a protected sex in january, i did a lot of home pregnancy tests and the answer is negative. do anyone think that there is a chance that i am pregnant? i havent gained any weight but i am on a diet and i have lost about 20 pounds.
I am a 25 year old female....missed my period for about 3 months, but not pregnant..m here to help you girls. there are so many factors as to why youre missing yer period (which could be you really arent because yer having all the pms symptons but with no blood right?) than being pregnant. girls, a "regular" pleriod is like a pink football..VERY RARE. Stress, new meds, changes in mood or behavior, depression, what you eat when you sleep are all things that can contribute to missed periods or as what happened to me, delayed bleeding. like i said im here to help so if anyone has any questions at all, please feel free to email at ***@**** period does not equal baby, ALL THE TIME.... just know that....
hi, i recently had a baby in dec, since then ive bin having problems with my liver and loads other stuff ive had 2 normal periods since having my son, went on the pil had 2 tiny little ones but they were just due to the pill and havent had one since its bin nearly 9weeks can any one give me some advice please
I had a miscarriage last year in Oct.. My period was irregular after that but i still have my period... recently i have missed my period & it has been 2 mths.. All 4 home test showed negative but my period is still not here... What should i do???
Okay, all these stories re relevant to me, but there have been NO answers. Does anyone have a story to share that showed that tests said they weren't pregnant, but found out they were? Anyone had symptoms of pregnancy? If so what are they? I'm also two weeks late, but no period and no real signs of pregnancy (swollen breasts, nausea, etc.), is that normal for those who have experienced negative pregnancy tests? It is so hard to play this waiting game of "I'm I or aren't I" so any information of what you gals have gone through in the physical sense would settle my nerves. Thanks!
i have had issues with no period for the past few months aswell. i recently went to the hospital because i had enuf trying to see my doctor and get something done.. and i would sugest every one who is having problems go see there doctor because no amount of info from the internet can help you if something is wrong.. i have bin through blood test after blood test and have arms brused from the constant poking. they also did 2 ultra sounds vaginal and pelvic and then today sent me for more tests.. my doctor makes me keep a journal of any twitch i feel. so its not something you should take lightly. there are many reasons why you can be missing your period for example thyroid problem, stress, pcos (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome) problem with the patutiary gland or hormonal imballance.. so i would sugest going to the doctor.. before you go i would also advise to look up thyroid problems and pcos and see if you feel that you have symptoms to match so you have something to ask your doctor, going in better informed helps
With my first baby I went for a test at 2 weeks overdue. It came back negative, at 11 weeks overdue I did a home pregnancy test and it came back positive. I went to the doc and got an ultrasound done, I was 11 weeks pregnant at my ultrasound. Check out this link for more stories -   http://www.babycenter.com/404_three-pregnancy-tests-say-no-but-my-periods-more-than-two-we_7106.bc
So as I'm reading everyones postes...I'm thankful that I'm not the only one with female issues, but I have to say....it hasn't been an issue until lately...I just turned 37 the other day, I have been TTC for the last 6 months, I only have one Ovary (my left one due to Teratoma cysts), but I concieved and delivered 2 wonderful children with only one Ovary without any problems... my periods have ALWAYS been on time religously for years, but this month not so much. I am 4 days late, I have lower back pain that comes and goes, lower abdominal pain (mainly on the right side, but I have no Ovary there) and I took a HPT and it came back negative.....any thoughts??
I am a 22 yr old female. I have been getting my period on a regular basis until 2 months ago. I did a few home pregnancy tests, all which were negative. I read over all the comments and I am a little afraid that something might be wrong with me. I don't experience any pain and everything else about my body is the same. What do you think I should do.
Its ladyjay88.. As a correction to my last post...nothing about my body has changed.
hello every body, i am 20 years old, and i haven't had my period for 6 months!! I have always had a regular period and when i stopped having them i thought i was pregnant( oh by the way i am married) and i took a bunch of home pregnancy test, and they all came out negative. So i went my doctor and had a pee test. and nothing. and i took a blood test and the same nothing. The doctors cant find anything, and am not in any pain and i am not taking any pills.
Please any advise, any...
Hi i havent taken any pregnancy test and im not even on pills. I do have a bf however we never did anything. But i dont know why, i skipped my last month period. I dont know wats going on. Please help.
Hi so I'm 16 years old and iv missed my period for 12 days now .I'm not in birth control or anything . I been cramping but no Period. I eat every hour im not suer whats going on with me I'm try to know whats wrong can any one help me????????
In March I got my period on the 14th, so in April I was expecting it around the same time (as I do every month). Lately it's been a couple days early or late. I never gt my period in April and it's now May 3rd. I have not had any intercourse so I am not pregnant. I can't go to the OB/GYN because I don't have insurance. What can it be?
Hi all..
I'm just concerned that
I haven't had my period for 4 or 5 months now. I;m usually a regular but  now my period has completely stopped.I gained a lot of weight, have mood swings and symptoms of pregnancy.My partner tell's me to go for a pregnancy test, but I know I'm not pregnant!! Ive done a lot of tests before that was all negative that I don't think I need to check this time.Plus I can feel that I'm not and I just know.

Do you think weight gain can cause me not to have my monthly?? I'm  not even that big though.
I am very confused.I am 25 yrs old.After I had my 4th baby my periods were regular.But six months ago my periods seems like they just disaperied.Ive only had one period in six months.I went to the doc office and the doc said that i am going thru pre minapose.But I have no hotflashes.Well also the doc said that I am not ovulating either.Is there a possabilty that I could be pregnant and not know it?
i have not had my period in 6 mounths and i have cramps help
im not pregnant or got anything wrong on ovaries but still not came on, on the 3rd of august i will have missed my 3rd period i dont understand what going on.
ladies.. read eachothers comments they could help you, periods can be late for soooooo many different reasons, weight gain or loss, stress, change of diet, just generally thinking you could be pregnant though u dont know it can make you late, lack of sleep, a change in your life... if you want to get pregnant stop obsessing about getting pregnant just have fun with sex and life and eventually it will happen (unless ob if u have underlying problems, then u must get advice from a docter on how to conceive and your options) if you are that worried consult your docter he/she can perform tests to get to the bottom of problems if there are any..though it does happen were pregnancy tests can give false readings the truth is its quite rare. i suffer irregular periods and they are always 40 days apart atleast, just now waiting for my next one and its decided not to show making it 2 months late which is pain cos im waiting for it to show so i can be tested for pco, tho i already have a daughter i generally think i have a hormone imbalance and suffer bouts of depression.. just remember everyone is different so just cause ur friends and female family members have regular periods doesnt mean we all do, inconvienient... of course ! keep yourselfs as healthy and happy body and mind  if trying for a baby thats your best option too. i hope my comment helps goodluck to you all !
Im the same way... I was on the pill for the month of February 2012 then got  period.. In march i decided to stop the pill since it was making me feel sick. I have not got my period for this month which is March. I am a week late.. im freaking out because i have 2 children already. I have been feeling cramps here and there like period but nothing. Ive taken 6 pregnancy tests ALL NEGATIVE! I dont know whats going on.. help.. what was your result?
so I am 9 days late, I don't have any kids and my period has never been late. I took two at home pregnancy tests they were all negative. Well I went to the hospital and the doctor told me she didn't know what was wrong with me, Any ideas what it could be. I have no health problems not stressed or anything!
i.havent started my period since nov 24 2011~ then april 24 2012 i had some spotting took a test but says am not pregnant. ive been having pain like am goin to start my period. i have 2 kids.
Hi LIzbe, I have the same exact problem right now. Did you ever find outwhat the problem was?? And I hope that by now you have had several periods. What did you do to get your period back?
I haven't had my periods for six mnths been to the doctor gave me medication didn't help, I have been trying to loose weight aswell but no matter what diet or excercise I dnt loose the weight instead I gained a bit. I'm very concerned
Hi, I have the same symptoms. Did you find out the reason?
Please, let me know. My e-mail: linda.***@****
Thank you very much !!
Linda
Iam not getting pregnancy nor periods from 2 months i checked report its negative wht r d reasons behing it my marriage 10 mnths completed  i gt every mnth bt frm dis 2 mnths only im nt getting period ..........
I turned 28 this August, and haven't got my period for months. i have been gaining a lot of weight lately and I am not pregnant. I did pregnancy test at home for 3 times but all came to be negative. I get some white discharge almost every month but I am not pregnant nor i get my period. I am worried, since this is the longest time I haven't got period. In the past it happened but i was late for a month only. I don't have anyone to share my problems with and I don't have health insurance. can anyone please help. I am worried that it could be cyst.....
it has been 4 months now..
PLEASE HELP!! Last month my period was way off. It started late and and lasted about two weeks. That was in the beginning  of september. Now on october I had a little spotting and only lasted one day. I am sexually active, so i thought i was pregnant. I took two and nothing. Do i have a cyst. Im only 19, ive been pregnant before and lost my baby. So no im scared that im infertile. Some one please help