No period 3 months after D & C for Miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi, I had a miscarriage and D & C on 3rd April and still have not had a period.  After the D & C I had a number of illnesses.  I had a mild cold, strep, possible staf infection, oral thrush and then I thought I had a bladder infection, but wasn't confirmed (I just stopped going to the doctors)  This was all in April and May.  I then had what felt like the worst period pain without any period on 8th June that lasted for a couple of days.  It is very near 3 months, when will I have my period? Is there anything wrong?  In 2 weeks I will be 38, although the fertility specialist said I had plenty of eggs and no other fertility issues.  Should I go and see a doctor?

Thank you for any comments.
have u taken a pregancy test. this happened to me as a teenager. i lost the baby and didnt bleed for 3 months found i was pregnant. i would take a test to rule that out. sometimes after a dnc it may take a few months for a period to come back. that could be a possibilty. i would check back in with the doctor if anything.
good luck.
Im sorry to hear about your loss. We lost our first pregnancy after ttc for 10 yrs. I would go to see your doctor. It sounds like you had a lot going on at once and to give you piece of mind that everything checks out ok. I've heard that your fertility increases after a pregnancy or a loss. If you are pregnant again you would want to make sure things are cleared up so that complications don't occur. Best of luck to you!
Ginger
Thank you for your replies.  I am not pregnant. I think for peace of mind I should just get a check up.  I was trying to avoid another doctors visit. I will give it another few weeks and then go if it doesn't come. Again, thank you.