No period and not pregnant..Talked to Gyno need some advice!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My period is 2 months late. I haven't ever been this late so I called my doctor and asked her what she thought. I have to pain, no spotting, no sores, regular bowel movements, no soreness or redness, no stinky discharge and am almost positive I am not pregnant. I have taken 7 urine test and 3 blood tests. I am so confused. I have been stressed but I don't think that stressed. I don't have the signs of any STD's but I need some comfort. My gyno told me to relax and said to come in in February. She isn't that worried about it. But I am totally worried. I don't have any signs and symptoms of anything. When I have sex it doesn't hurt. And I don't bleed. There is no discomfort at all. Somebody please give me some ideas. Please let me know what could be going on with my body. I am scared. Thanks
With concern
Jaymie
I am almost positive that an absent period is not a symptom of any std.  I think you are just stressing yourself out.  Relax!  I have missed periods before.  Sometimes our cycle gets interrupted and it is nothing to worry about.
Thanks for some comfort. I just don't know what is going on and it scares the **** out of me. I am the kind of person that always thinks the worst so you know I worry about everything and I assume always the worst!! I appreciate the advice and counsel. It means a lot. So do you think that I am okay? No std's not HIV or anything like that??
I think you are just fine.  I am a REALLY bad worrier to when it comes to myself so I know how you feel.  I would not worry at all about any std.
Hello, I am sorry to hear about your problem. I wanted to ask you how old you are? Then I can try to assisst
Have you been checked for chlamydia? You should.
You should look up some info on PCOS.  That will cause you to miss periods.
I am pretty sure a missed period alone is not a sign of a STD. Maybe stress could be a factor. Have you had any major life changes recently, sometimes it affects you this way. I would try to relax and see your physician as scheduled, unless something changes.
Good luck.
I am 21 I am not quite sure what PCOS is? I recently started dating a wonderful guy and we have had safe sex everytime and the sex feels absolutley amazing no pain or anything. I am a bit bigger but not that overweight. I started exercising lately and tryin to eat better but I still don't know what is going on inside me. I drink occasionally and I haven't missed a period in a long time. I AM TRUELY SCARED TO DEATH!! I haven't told my mom because she will freak and accuse me of being a slut. I am not though. I just don't know what to think anymore. My boyfriend thinks I have stressed myself out. HELP !!!!
Stress, Exercise, Weight gain/loss... Pretty much anything can cause delays in ur period.  You've taken enough tests to be pretty sure you arent pregnant.  Id go to the doc, they can give you provera to jump start ur period. If you arent already on birth control pills talk to the doc about them, they will help regulate ur period.  Sounds to me(Im no doctor) that you are pretty healthy & Id say you have nothing to worry about.  Try taking a hot bath & relaxing.
that is almost what is happeing to me im 10days late NO PERIOD AND NOT PREGANT... I'm so worried but my pregnancy test are negative and I just had a blood test yesterday and it was negative.. People tell me that maybe I'm to stress out that I need to relax.
I am just scared that since I am not having my period I am not ovulatin and that isn't good. I am 21 and I still want to have kids. This sucks so bad. I just want to know what is wrong and my gyno is tellin me to relax and come in in February that is so far away. I am going to go insane. Is there anymore ideas out there.
Trust me, go get checked for chlamydia.
Hey.  I totally know how you are feeling.  My last period was over two months ago and it's really stressful.  I've taken so many pregnancy tests... and I'm not.  Everybody acts like it's no big deal but I'm starting to be scared that I'll never get my period again.  As far as stress/exercise/whatever causing it to be late, I don't buy it.  Two weeks late because of stress, definately; I have not been super stressed these past two months, though.  I t hink I might be missing my period because of cysts but I hesitate to go to the doctor because money is tight.  Good luck, and let me know how it goes with you.
Are there any clinics around your area?  Maybe one of your friends knows.  It might be a good idea to get checked out.
Missing 2 periods in a row means there might be something going on.
I agree all of you. I have 2 months delayed period and not pg. Im still under observation as of now. My obgyn will going to review my blood test. Im really freak worried! Im afraid that i have yeast infection or cyst. My gyno also dont know whats happening to me. But dont worry just have faith and dont lose hope. Everything is fine. Make ourselves relax and fine. Anyway, Im going to have my next check-up this feb.6.
I am going through the same situation.I haven't had a period all year after me and my husband had a miscarriage back iin January. I just had mine for the first time. I know that you are freaked out but just stay calm and relax. Here is some advise I can give you. It helped me to finally have a period. Have you had any tests done to check if you have insulin resitence. That is why I stopped have periods. Just ask your doctor to a test and have that checked out. That is the only advise that I can give you and this time. If my doctor tells me anything else I will give you somemore advise.
I hope it's ok to post a link, but I didn't see where anyone answered a question about what PCOS is.  PCOS is polycystic ovary syndrome and you can find more about it here: http://www.4women.gov/faq/pcos.htm if you want.
It's Feb.  Has you issue been resolved?  I'm curious because I am in exactally the same situation right now.  I am thinking about the doctor, but I don't know if that is overreacting.  I have had herpes for a while and have never missed a periods sinc I got them.  I did diet so much as a teenager(16 or 17) that my periods stopped.  I had an estrogen push and got back off track.  Never missed another since (am 26 now).  
SAME BOAT!!!!
I have never missed a period and i'm late by like 5 days.  on bc for over a year now and i missed ONE pill... i didn't have any sex after i missed that pill because i started spotting.    i took 4 preg tests all which came back negative.i feel just fine.  i think mine is related to stress because i have really been stressing over being late. I hope you're alright and i hope i am too.  I am 21 as well and have absolutely no desire to tell my mother - and i have NO MONEY!! i'm a poor college student.... what to do??/
Got a doc appointment today,  will update on what she says later today
I too am in the same situation. i am 20 and have had "safe sex" with my boyfriend and never missed a period, until recently. I was supposed to start at the latest, 4 days ago yet nothing is here. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and this morning and they were both negative. I am going to wait a few more days and take another one but I just want my period to come really bad (sounds crazy but I do). I feel just the same except i have a tiny occasional pain (like a miniscule and short cramp), and i have had a slight increase in urination which i read was a symptom of pregnancy. But the tests said I was negative so i am completly confused. I am a college student and still live with my family and i really dont want to tell them because then i will just be another "****" like my cousins and i totaly cant deal with that. Please help!
6 days late but it finally arrived!! I was reading that diet might effect your period and i remembered that for the past month i have hardly been eating because of my shedual. So for the past 5 days i changed my eating back to normal and boom it was here!! I had really REALLY bad cramps and when i checked it was here. It's so crazy how this happens to so many women yet nobody really knows why. Well I give you all by best and hope you find out why this happened to you. Good luck =)
I haven't had my period for 17 months. I know I am not pregnant because it has been 17 months!!!! I am 28, on birth control for 11 years and I had never missed my period before these 17 months. My doctor tells me not to worry, but I can't help it. I am married and we plan to have a baby in about 2 years so I want to make sure I am ok. I had changed my pills twice, now I am back on a 21 day one and during the 7 days other days I put an estrogen patch on to minimize my migraine. I just finished my first month on my new pills and estrogen patch an nothing. I had a thyroid test done and it came negative. What now? Should I worry?  Somebody please help me! I don't know what to do anymore.
I am going on month two of a missed period. I have a great life, stress free. I have one daughter who is a year old and me and my husband have been trying for our second. I took a test about a week ago and it was negative. I havent taken any birth control in like 4 months. Im not a person to normally miss like most of you. I too will be seeing a doctor tomorrow. I wish all of you luck.
So i have two kids already. not looking to have more. I was supose to have my period on the 22nd of october the day my husband came back from war. didnt get it until the end of  october like 1st two days n nov. since then i have been taking my birth control pills regularly. never skipped; no signs of pregnancy no eating different nothing at all. i ust moved from cali to colorado lke the 20 th of nov. ppl are telling me that its the high elevation that i am to make it where my body has to get used to the cold weather.. is that possible. my husband even says" brandy i dont think your pregnant i think its the move and stressed.." i have to get my medical switched over and i cant see a doctor til then.. what shal i do.. shall i take a pregnancy test.? now i had cramps and spotting a tad bit for one day but nothing else please help me.. email me please who ever.. ***@****
i havent had my period in a year now and i know i am not pregnant because cmon its been a year. i am extremely nervous i dont know what to do? i have sex almost everyday with my husband and i am just wondering will that cause me to not have any babies in the future?
talk to a doctor about this
sometimes stress can do that to you also
i am experiencing the same exact problem. i am 2 months late, have taken pregnancy tests and blood tests and all have come back negative. the only difference is i have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms like swollen sore breasts, abdominal and lower back pains, frequent trips to the bathroom, weight loss and yet always hungry etc... i made an appointment to see my gyno and i am nervous as all heck! about 6 months back i found out my b/f was cheating on me so i got tested for std's and found out i had chlamydia. as soon as i found out, i was treated. i recently got tested again just to make sure it didn't reoccur, and i am clear. but now im woundering what is going on with my body... any sugestions as to what might be the problem?
I am in the same situation. I was supposed to get my period in the week of April 12, and i haven't had it yet. I took 2 pregnancy tests and they were negative. I don't have signs of pregnancy, I feel just normal. It doesn't hurt when I have sex (although I am trying not to have any right now because I'm stressed about not having my period.) I'm 21, normal weight, don't have any medical issues. I thought that it was normal stress because I finished my semester in April, but it never came... I don't want to tell my mom and I'm kind of scared to go to the doctor (scared... and shy!) I don't have any weird discharges or aches... Any suggestions?
Ok, I posted my last comment this morning... but I just went to pee. and there was a little discharge... kind of very pale green color.... I haven't had that before. should i start to worry? I don't think I have STDs because I have always used protection and with my current boyfriend, we have been together for a while now.
My last period was nov 15th 2009, i am worried but not crazy worried, i am concerned though as i am now experiencing constant pain on my right side of my abdomen, i went to the docs to get it checked out and they have ruled out appendisitas, eutopic pregnancy and urine infection, i have had blood tests and they was normal and preg tests too which are neg, we are trying for our second baby and i am 28 years old, never been irreglar before, its just crazy, oh i am weeing a lot too and sometimes feel nauseas which is what made me think i was pregnant.
Hello I am very concerned . My boyfriend and i like to toch each other by him touching my breast and he likes me to jack him off and tries to finger me. He cums but my pants and underwear are on.I have been under a lot of stress lately with miving into a dorm and my mom getting sick. Anyway i missed my period should i be concerened. Is it possible to miss your period without being pregnant. Is it possible  to be pregnant with his penis not going anywhere near my vagina because my pants and underwar were on? Help
A missed or absent period by itself is not an STD symptom but if you are really worried about them get tested to put your mind at ease. Its more than likely you are freaking yourself out so much about being pregnant / infected with some insane disease etc that your period is being delayed, because that has happened to me before after an assault (stress and worrying causes your period to not turn up, though i cant scientifically explain why). sometimes there will not be a reason and your cycle is just playing about. so try not to worry. people are saying get checked for chlamydia, though a missed period is not a typical symptom of it i suppose its always worth getting checked for that because there are often no symptoms. but dont freak yourself out about it. and try not to google too much. it always comes up with worse case scenarios which more than likely are nothing to do with what you're experiencing. :) good luck and CHILL
i hav the same problem .i missed my periods for two months...at start i had some brown spotting but after three weeks it vanished.i had taken three urine tests and they all were negative..i am waiting for my blood test reports..lets see what happens
i havent had my period since January 5th. I have taken 6 urine test(one which was taken at a clinic) they all came out negative. I have even donated blood and they said they would tell me if anything was in my blood and there isnt anything. im going today to pregnancy  help center to take a free blood test. Idk whats goin on. i get worried and wonder what is wrong with me and why is this happening. I am 19 and in college and i am not with my x nemore. we broke up last in March. idk if its stress...the situation with my bf did stress me at times. i wasnt really happy with him.....or maybe its school work...idk...i wanna make sure im healthy and well. i hope this dont stop me from having children in the future. What more should i do???
I am the same!!!!!! i have missed my periods since my misscarraige which was 2 n a half months..... my partner and are are trying for a child (have been for the passed 14 mnths) i had a pregnancy test done last week and they told me to take another one in a weeks time so im taking one tommoz.....i dnt know what im going to do if it comes bak negative..i just might go insane...im really scared about it...i've had missed periods before....but only like a up to 2 wks and no longer and for me to have a 2 n1/2 mnth miss........it's kinda getting to me.....i havent been stressed or anything, have some signs n symptoms and pain......but still the pregnancy tests are negative....I NEED HELP :(
If your discharge is GREEN... You probably have an STD...... You should start wearing protection.
as reading all of your comments of concern, i am in the same boat. however here is my situation.
In april i had a weird peirod, and i took a ept and it came out negative. almost 3 months late still negative ept, but i had about 1 1/2 of diarhea (diarrhea), now my diarhea (diarrhea) had stoped but i have a little discomfort in my left side of my pelvic. sometimes it feels like i am obvulating but no period. over 2 years ago, i had a erupt cyst ( well my dr suspected it) because i had my period at the time and the pevic exam says it was clear (that was in 2008) i keep reading and i found out that i could have epitopical pragncy. i told my mother what was going on and she thinks something is wrong. she too had a hard time trying to concive. my stomach is 75% upset. tell me what i should do or what i may have. i do plan on going to the urgent care in the morning. i am 21 years old and i do have unprotected sex with my boyfriend who i have been with for 3 and 1/2 years.
Sometimes a negative pregnancy test and missed period can mean other things as well such as an ectopic pregnancy / miscarriage.   Usually in an ectopic you will still test positive but its not as easy to detect because the hormones are lower.  You can also test negative because you might have BEEN pregnant and miscarried and the natural abortion hasn't taken place yet.   Go see your doctor if you missed a period and are concerned, the last thing you need is a tubal rupture.. trust me.  
Tell your Dr. You need an appt. Or find another Dr. Who will see you. Why worry when you can see a professional
hey i miss my period for two months then it came for one and now am missing it again for two months anybody have any ideas. my breast r sore. my stomach feels a little hard if i squeeze down on it to feel.
This just started happening to me. Can you tell me what ended up causing you to stop getting your period
i missed my period in november and i took three test.they all were negative,on dec 13th my period came down for four days.now its the last days of jan.and again no period,have any one ever had this issue. now im 37 and only been pregnant one time 22years ago.any info please help.
Hi..... So iam 21 also and going through the same thing.... I havnt had a period since october.... I have taken so many pee test and the health clinic thinks I'm nuts cuz I'm in there every two weeks. %am not pregnant but iam scared.... Ihad this dream I got my period and I was so releived I never thought I would say that.... My doctor and every woman I talk to say that it's just stress. I even switched birth control thinking that might be a factor. If you find out anything different could you shed some light for me?
Hey all - just wanted to add my two cents as an NP.

I, too, have experienced this and 90% of the time it is nothing to be worried about.

Our bodies are constantly going through changes - our body today isn't always what it will be tomorrow or the next week or next month. I know a woman who can delay her period or skip it all together by not eating for one day! Our bodies are very sensitive - whether it be an inkling of stress (even worrying over a silly little exam can do it) or eating a new food, changing your diet, becoming ill with a flu/cold, missing some sleep - any of these things can cause a disruption to our hormones and cause us to miss a period or two.

Some people even get phantom symptoms - this occurs when you do not bleed but experience all those pesky PMS symptoms. This, more than anything, is your mind *expecting* a period but your body not going through the actual process of having one.

If you are truly concerned, it is always best to see your Gynecologist or GP, but really, women only NEED to have about 3 periods a year and missed periods are the most common reason for a GYN visit and most of the time it is caused by something very benign.

PCOS is a possibility but this comes with a slew of other symptoms including moderate to severe pain, cramps, spotting, weight changes - this is usually not the case in most women (though it is always smart to get checked)

The best thing you can do for yourself is to stop worrying about it - it will come back when your body is ready. I missed my period for 6 months once and then, out of the blue, it came back and I have been regular since.

Just take a deep breath and remember, our bodies are very sensitive and often enough it is nothing to worry about!
I am on Ortho Tri Low and have been for a year now, and consistently I get my period the Sunday it is expected. Last month it did not arrive until Wednesday and now this month it is over a week late and still yet to come. Pregnancy tests came back negative. It's a little hard not to stress about it in the back of my mind, however my main question is my birth control. Do I continue on as always? I just had my gyno visit last month and everything was fine so should I think about making another appointment?
im going through the same thing too. ive been married for almost a year now. i was on the depo shot for two years but i have been off it for over a year now and have still not started. so its been 3 years since i had a period. i know for a fact that im not preg. about 6 months ago when me and my husband would have sex it would hurt really bad and my libido is completely gone! i know i dont have any stds bc i get tested.
I haven't had my period for 2 months but I'm pretty sure it because I have have Hypothyroidism and been off my meds. since January. My mom also wasn't getting her periods and found out she had a thyroid condition.
If it's over 3 months, talk to your Gyno. Then they'll most likely give you progesterone pills that is taken for like a week. This will help shed the lining of the uterus and make you have a period. It may be heavy, but it's better than having no period cause that may lead to cancer.
I also have a problem..... I really hope/don't think I'm pregnant but my boyfriend and I have done some stuff... I'm still a virgin but I have been naked with him. He still had his underwear on but our privates did come in contact. It's now been a month later and my period is a week late. (something I found odd was brownish discharge for a wk or 2 after my last period so I tried to blame it on that) And I keep hearing that it is possible to be a pregnant virgin but I'm WAY too scared to get a test. Help:(
New partner been with him four months and were trying for a baby but we've found out that we've got std but I've done three tests.. And I've not been on for 2 months my last period was 28 of may  
hi im 16 years old kind of young but ive missed my period for 4 months now took many over the counter pregnancy test and blood test what do i do i dont know whats wrong with me and i know i cant have any std's or anything ive been with the same man for almost a year now
Hello. I am 17 VIRGEN and I haven't had my period in two months. I have no stress. Eat the same. Well.. let's just say there has not been any change lately. AND I have had my period (that has always been regular) for the past 6 years. SO either i'm carrying Baby Jesus  or something really weird. I do get phantom pains ect ect. The only weird thing is that my discharge is Very gooey. Almost like hardened gel. WORRIED
i miss my period for 6 months and im not pregnat
but i got it 2 days ago and now im hurting very much and is extra heavy is it ok or should i see my doctor????
I havent get my period for more than 10 days, I am really swelled, feel sick and hungry and tired all the time, I cant wake up in the mornings and I feel heavy all the times! some times I cant breath good and I feel like my heart is going to stop beating, I have sharp pain in my stomach which is really similar to my period pain but still???
these feeling are awful and really annoying and some times i feel my blood vessels are clogged there is no blood going to my head:-S
I am sure that I am not pregnant since i didnt have sex for more than 3months:-S
what should I do? it is really hard to get a doctor appointment here, if i ask now maybe I get one for next year!
some one tell me what to do? I have myself that I swelled like this and some of my cloths are not fitting anymore!:(
I'm only 22 years old and as of late, haven't had a period since july/aug. 3 months later. I'm looking over this stuff, and thinking back on things i've heard before. Everyone should get checked out by a doctor, but if you're like me, that won't be happening anytime soon. but here are a few causes I've heard of in the last few years that aren't normally discussed:

1) 'normal' irregular period

2) hormonal, depression or stress problems

3) other physical problems (cysts, etc.)

4) early sexual attaivities (and yes, as weird as it sounds, starting sexual stuff at a too early age can interfer with the devolopment of your reproductive system)

5) too much sexaul play (another wierd one, but some women who play too much can cause damage to themselves, especailly with certain 'toys', when used too much to the point it hurts. espcially when too young)

6) Infections (regular infections to uncleand toys can cause inside damge)

7) Infertal (some girls are born that way, and it's not normal for them to get periods. Although certain medicines can be taken to force periods)

Now please don't just dimiss everything above just because some can't be proven to you. For myself, i don't know my specific reasons. I have periods, but can go 2-4 months at a time without them, have never been pregnant (although have worried at times). This has been going on for 8 years now, and so far, nothing wrong that i can tell. But again, for those of you who can get to a doctor, their exams would be more helpful than me.
I have some what of the same problem . I have been on the depo shot for 2 years , but I was supposed to get it again on the 24th of august but I didn't . Normally I bleed until I get the shot again , but this time I bled for 4 days .I haven't bled since then and its going on 4 months . My breast are swollen , I've gained weight and lost and gained within a month . Sometimes I look bloated . I have no idea what to do . I'm scared but my mom isn't worried about it ?
i know exactly how you feel it is now nearing the end of december and i have not gotten a period since october. i know for a fact that i am not pregnant because i am not sexually active. just really confused and kinda worried.
Did you ever find out why the delay in your period?  I have gone through some of the same issues lately and am wondering about the outcome of your situation.
im 39. no period now for over 6 months.....no sighns, no symptoms, no bloating...im worried its cancer!
i am on antidepressants, anti anxiety meds. i have noticed i can get bouts of aggression.
i have numerous blood tests and NOTHING....im so scared.
i havnt had kids and doubt i will ever be able to.
i must add that im a heavy smoker and gave up heavy drinking 30 days ago.
i am on a healthy eating plan and do exercise. i have lost 5kg which im really happy about.
im not obese, just overweight.
i want some answers and am sick of blood tests.
my pap smears are clear and i dont have any unusual dicharge or odour.
i must add, theres no family history of early menopause.
i want this sorted once and for all.
my main issue is cost but then again my health is important.
my nan did have ovarian cancer so i guess there is a history.
im really scared......any advice?
is it medication? is it stress? is it smoking????
I have not had my period for a good while, had not had sex in a long long time and only 22 and been to the doctors at the GP  and took lot of pee tests and blood tests. He didn't worry or knew what it was so it scared me not knowing. I had it before for one mouth when I was younger but got worry this time around as it been 3 mouths and still no period and seen Doctor about it but they send me around and just said am not pregnant and not to worry with still no answers to what it is.

so look online and seen one tip from someone to ask to tried a homeopathic medicine called Menodoron!

and I also came across something a site about miss period and they call it Amenorrhea – Missed Periods

There are two types of amenorrhea:
* Primary amenorrhea - You’re older than 15 and you’ve never had a menstrual period.

* Secondary amenorrhea - You’ve been having normal menstrual cycles and they’ve suddenly stopped. This is the more common form of amenorrhea.

You said you worry so please DON'T! If it Amenorrhea you shouldn't stress as it cause a delay or stop completely in your period.  Do you have Excessive weight loss, or weight gain? have you a Eating disorders? Do you Rigorous Exercise? are you on any pills?
as they also cause delay in period or stop completely.

And it maybe what I have too as I suffer from depression,Stress and anxiety, I put on weight gain and a eating disorder. I use to be the other way around when I was younger I was too skinny, exercise everyday day, but over eat. I take pills too called Abilify that maybe the cause as will.

MY tip for you is research more on it in book and off the net and take it to your Doctor and look over it together and take tests to see what you have and cause of it! AS I find Doctor don't know everything thing and it I find it bad if they send away to other doctors as you don't get same answers and less likely to knew what wrong. so try to stick to the same doctor if you can!

There are two types of amenorrhea:

i am 35 years and i've been using injection for 7 years.  i stop used it in December 2010. last year i've been diagnose with ovarian cysts.  and after some months gynae said it have gone.  some i've got 2 periods in a month.  please i need some advice.
I haven't came onn my period since april. And I tests done and an altro-sound done and it came out negitive. I really don't know what's going on and they tested me for std and that came out negitive to. I'm scarred and don't no what to do at this point
I'm 30 years old and up to 2 years ago my periods were regular but now I'm lucky if I have 1 every 3 months. I been suffering like short stabbing pains in my left lower side more than the right. I'm petrified of doctors hospitals I'm getting a bit scared now as still no period It's been nearly 4 months now and pain more frequent it pain for a few seconds at a time please help
I haven't had my period since may 10th 2011 .. today is may 19th 2013 I'm not on birth control and I've seen alot of doctors no one knows what's wrong with me I will be 20 in September I started my period when I was 11 and after my 18th bday I stopped having it..
I am 32 and have not had a period since February 6. I'm trying to have another baby with my husband but I don't know what's going on. I got off the pill at the end I f January.  I don't know if its because I've taken the pill for 10 years. Before my son I rarely got my period but I really want another baby. What can I do?