No period in 6 months but terrible PMS
I'm 42 years old and for the past 2 years I'v had terrible PMS. Started getting migraines, crippling cramps, horrific mood swings, physical exhaustion, severe lower abdominal pain, hot flashes so bad that I sleep in my own room (Separate from my husband) because I have to have the fan on my window at night with 20 degree temps. and 5 UTI's (I'v never had one before this), worse than I'v ever had any of these PMS symptoms before. It is now January 8th 2013 and the date of my last period was July 7th 2012. Every month I get these symptoms but NO bleeding at all. I'v seen my doctor at once every month for other issues, but when I try to discuss this issue she always says "Well, you're only 42, you're too young for menopause"...I know 42 is young for menopause but it's not impossible ! I'v been trying to change drs. but with my ins. it's hard to find one that's taking new patience. I'v tried everything with her short of demanding she do something for me ! What is it ask for her to do ? Are their tests that can confirm I'm going through menopause ? I seriously can not take it anymore....
yes there are blood tests that will confirm your hormone levels. Even if your problem is not menopause there are many other issues which need to be eliminated and which can cause hormonal imbalances. One is your thyroid. So a blood test can also confirm thryoid function. You need to get the severe pain sorted and reasons for it as menopause does not usually cause severe period type pain. There is also a reason why you have had all those UTI's. Ask your doctor to perform these blood tests. It is your right as a patient to have control over your own health and treatments available and a definitive diagnosis is needed to treat your problem appropriately.
hi
You should go for Lutenizing Hormone(LH) Follicular Stimulating hormone(FSH) and prolactin test. Also go for thyroid tests i.e. T3 T4 and TSH.
Also get diagnosed for menopause. Hope this helps ;)