No period in about 5 months. Not pregnant!

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi. I'm 18 years old and I haven't gotten my period in about 5 months now. I've never had actual sex before so I'm positive I'm not pregnant. I've stayed the same weight in these 5 months so it hasn't changed at all. Nothing hurts in my stomach or down there which I'm assuming is a good sign. I don't really feel any different either. The last time I got it was in September and it is not February. I did start college in August though which may be a cause? I don't know. I'm going to the doctor next week, but I just want to know whats wrong with me.
This could be due to secondary amenorrhea. Secondary amenorrhea is when a woman who has had normal menstrual cycles stops getting her monthly period for 3 or more months.

Causes of secondary amenorrhea include stress and anxiety, malnutrition, depression, overexercising, sudden weight loss or gain (obesity),thyroid disorders and hormonal imbalance due to polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS).Smoking is also associated with secondary amenorrhea. Sometimes tumors of the ovaries and brain may also cause absence of menstruation.
You should consult a gynecologist and get an ultrasound uterus and a comprehensive profile of investigations done .

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
AppleBr commented on photo
AppleBr commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals