Non-consistant itching on palms of hands and feet under skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

For a few days now I have been experiencing itching on my plams of hands and feet but it's not a consent thing.  I thought maybe it could have been an allergic reaction to tomatoes or some other food.  I have been taking some natural detox for the blood in pills form, I was feeling ok but last nite and this morning my hands started up again but not terrible that i want to rip them off, it's more of a burning irritating itch that is under the skin, no rash no dry skin and it tends to be activated when I do things like opening a soda bottle top or holding the retractable lead for the dogs...I guess if there is a certain kind of pressure and rubing againist the hands they start to bother me and usually cold water or ice, anything cold makes it feel better.  I had experienced a migraine a few days ago but I get those normally so I dont know if that has something to do with it.  Any ideas on what would cause this kind of itching on the palms of the hands and feet under the skin??  I really hope it's not something were I need to go see a doctor, no insurance and no job = no money :(
that sounds like mabye a allergic reaction to something. a friend of mine is allergic to soil (dirt) if you have been doing something new like taking vitamins or eating something different mabye you could try refraning from that for a few days and see if that helps it may also be possible that you have had an adult onset reaction to something that you werent allergic to b4 as for seeing a docter i know that in my state if you have no income you can see a doctor for free at a clinic info provided by your local health dep. good luck!
My Grandmaw always told me - if the palm of your hand itches, Someone's gonna give u money!
It might be a problem with your circulation. Maybe nothing major at all just the way your blood is flowing. I tend to get that feeling when I'm walking at a faster pace or working out. I know numbness in the feet and hands can be a sign of diabetes. Do you find your self having to urinate often - also a sign of diabetes.
I am having this same problem, which is why i found this thread...it's really odd and driving me nuts. it's been going on for several days - and it doesn't really start bothering my unless i start itching it...then once i start i can't stop! no sign of rash, nothing, just itching like it was poison ivy, under the skin, on my hand (only my left) and both my feet. it's very strange, and i have no food allergies as far as i know, unless i just developed one!
I have been suffering from this intense, though not constant itchiness of hands and feet just under the skin for the last 10 months or so.  No Diabetese, allergies or side effects have been identified.  I tried taking B complex Vit and these helped temporarily.  Itchiness seems more pronounced after a shower or when it is cold.( By the way I love cold drinks and AC environment)  By chance I discovered that wearing socks and gloves releives the symptoms within 5 minutes or so.

Would be greatful for any insights or experiences.

MS
Several years ago I had this same problem and the itching was so severe that I would take my hands and feet and scrub them on the carpet to get relief.  I went to the doctor because it went of for several months and it turned out to be dermatitus.  There was nothing I could really do for it other than taking Benadryl and a Cortizone cream and just let it run it's course.
I have the same problem as some of you above. Oh...but has anyone found a solution? Right now my feet are comfortable...30 minutes ago they were itching like crazy. I don't have rough skin or any breakage on the skin surface. My feet and palms sometimes radiate a burning heat...it spreads...through my heels, to all around my bottom of my foot...my palms...too. I usually wash my feet with cold water, use some peppermint like soap, try not to scratch. Sometimes I get up from bed, comfortable, then it's like the blood catches fire, as my feet burn and itch intensely. Once in a while the heat rush goes to my palms...it's like my feet are in menopause. ;-) Solution please?
I have been going crazy for the past 24 hours.  The itch on my foot (close to the heel) is under the skin.  I've rubbed in on the side of brick, the carpet, the side of my front patio and anything else I could find.  I talked to my Internal Med doctor who said she beleived it was a form of neuropathy from my diabetes.  I talked to my endocronologist (diabetes dr.) who said he didn't think so, but prescribed me nerve pain meds anyway.  I talked to my dermatologist who wanted me to start talking antihistamines (sorry for spelling) as opposed to the nerve meds.  She said if it doesn't let up, I will have to start taking the nerve meds.  I'll let you know what works best.  
  I am 56.  Horrible itching both just below both my big toes and at the base of my pointer fingers.  ARRGHH ...Symetrical.  Burning heat...insatiable itch!   Worst in the night.  I took Benadryl and finally Nyquil just to try to sleep.  Little blisters are now raising on my one hand.
   It has been a very stressful Holiday season...I have always gotten cold-sores from stress and I got one last week...then what I thought might be Conjunctivitis in my eyes...and now THIS!   I have made a list of everything I have EATEN or TOUCHED in the last month but nothing seems out of the realm of normal.  :-(
  I have not doctored yet trying to decide if this is Dermatological or Internal???   It seems it may have to run a course, from reading similar threads.  I am going to be trying EVERYTHING I can think of so, if I get anything that seems like an answer,  I will come back and post.      My sympathies are with anyone who has this.  YIKES
I feel that, my both of the hands(i.e PALMS) and feet are very cold.
I am wearing thick socks, good hand gloves whenevery goig out and sockd in the house all the time, but both of the hands and feet are very cold.

I don't understand the reason of this.
I talked to my good friend, who is a professional pharmacist with 20 years of experience about this. He suggested me to use turmeric powder, mixed with ginger powder and black paper powder in the few drops of olive oil and rub it there.
I need some good advice about this problem.

Thank You
Govardhan patel
Burtonsville, MD USA
I am experiencing itching/burning sensation hands, arms, feet, neck, chest and ears burning especially in the morning after few minutes of waking up.  I used cortisone cream as prescribed by allergist and urgent care doctor. But this cream thins my skin.  Also feeling chest tightness, difficulty breathing at times.  Eating spicy foods trigger the symptoms.

I have a feeling I am experiencing pre-menopause symptoms.  My face gets warm and red but no sweating.  Changing air conditioner on to 72 degrees help.

Using HERBAL life soothing gel (it's a cold gel) helps a lot in a few mins, the redness and itching go away.  I am seeing my OB/GYN on Monday. Will keep you all posted.

JA
I've had these symptoms for years and the itch/burning is so bad, it keeps me up at night;.  Stress does seem to bring it on more often.  I've found that taking a zyrtec does the trick within 20 minutes!  I imagine any antihistamine would work (non-drowsy would be best if you're not at home).  I keep zyrtec in my purse because I never know when it's going to start and it's unbearable.  Good luck!
Im 42 and have suffered itching and hot swelling of my hands , feet etc.for about 15 years.
If i carry grocery bags, open coke bottles etc the pressure seems to set it off. If i wear socks and shoes it happens (dont understand why). I also have itchy skin all over. Its very intense but there is no redness or swelling there. My scalp itches incessantly even though there is no redness, swelling or flaking. In fact its like my hair folicles are on fire at times. It feels so deep and intense.
I have to take a 24hr antihystamine every day which is expensive. It is the only thing that relieves it. I have spoken to my doctor about it but they are quite dismissive about it.
I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in the last 6 months and i have no idea if it is related.
I read somewhere up there about possible nerve damage? I have often wondered about that my self. I am curious to know if having shingles as a kid has anything to do with it?
Has anybody else had shingles?
Im 22 years old and have had these same symptoms for about a year now, it started after my family and i went to a creek with really cold water. we walked on rocks in flip flops. since then walking with bare foot, running on sand or if i wear shoes with not a very good bottom like my chuck taylors my feet swell at the arch and my heel. my hands swelled up after i came back from the batting cages.. now its like if i blink wrong that morning my hands will start to burn. my fingertips itch and its been driving me crazy. i have my lip pierced and it has even swelled up from my bottom lip to the top. for about 14 hours i had a fat lip for no reason..im healthy, and stay active i just dont know how much more of this i can take :(
Such intense itching at the arch of the feet and palms of hands can also be a sign of acutely raised liver enzymes.  I have experienced this twice.  The first time the acutely raised liver enzymes was due to me not tolerating the estrogen in birth control pills.   The second time it was accompanied by nausea, and I immediately recognized the intense itching signs.  A cause was never found, but a thought was that it could have been caused to me not tolerating certain vitamins (as the liver enzymes went back to normal once I ceased the vitamin intake, as multiple tests (incl. ultrasound and CT scan, ordered by my doctor) revealed absolutely nothing.

Hence, if the itching is accompanied by nausea, please don't take antihistamines under the thought that it may be allergies.  Antihistamines, or even worse cortisone, could escalate the problem.  Itching at this area of feet and hand could be connected to the liver.
hi everyone!!
well, i am 31 years old and started having itching feet (just under my feet) only a few weeks ago out of the blue!!! i don't have food allergies or any other allergies in general, so i don't really understand what's going on - it usually starts at night when i go into bed and all of a sudden my feet start itching me like crazy!!!!i scratch them but there are nights that i cannot sleep at all because of that!!! i am going to be examined for diabetes and to check the levels of glucoze in my blood to see how my metabolism goes, but still, this is really weird!!! i am a bit scared reading that itching might be related to diabetes :-(
then I'm gonna be rich!! LOL
I started taking Zetia 3 wks. ago, also Plavix, since I started taking these two medications I have intense itching of the hands and feet, could this be a reaction to either of these medications? I have to be on Plavix for a year and possibly a year with the zetia.
I have had this same problem for about a week now. I have no rash, i dont have dry skin. I keep putting non-itch cream on and it DOES NOT WORK. especially when i am showering i cant stop scratching my feet and hands, i feel like i wanna rip my skin off. There is nothing new i have done lately everything is the same. I know for a fact it isnt any bugs, and no one else in my house has it but me. This just came out of nowhere, and it mostly happens at night or when i am mostly relaxed... SOMEBODY HELP ME.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would rather have nubs for hands and feet than suffer this itching any longer, it HORRIBLE!!!
I am a Diabetic..I have severe inner itching and burning in my hands only. This can last up to one hour at one time. It is so unbearable.I want to rip off my hands.I can bearly type this comment since my hands are swollen an blistered.I have tried topicals but it does'nt help me at all..Can you suggest anything..
Since November 2010 I started feeling itching in my legs then it progress to my feet and palms. My obgyn said it was due to the birth of my baby. Well the itching has gotten worse I itch from head to toe and some times its so unbereable I have to scrub against something that is rough to ease the itchiness. I don't know if the scratching makes it worse cause at time I have read rashes all over my arms, chest , neck, back and legs.  There were also two days were I felt nauseaus, I reeally don't know what to do.... HELP
I have something that is a more severe form of what you all are describing. It's called dyshidrotic eczema and what I have is unfortunately hard to treat. It started just the way you guys are describing...carrying bags, lifting things that makes friction on your hands, heat and being in sweaty socks and shoes, opening soda bottles, etc. Mine got so bad that all my skin got really thick and itchy...like the itch is under the skin. Mine are actually little slightly raised skin colored bumps or vesicles. They look like tapioca seeds under your skin. You will notice they are whiteish and don't blanch when the itching is really intense. The itching goes away if you don't scratch them for a while or apply cold to them...but it's incredibly and insanely annoying to try to leave them alone. You do just want to rip your hands and feet OFF!  It's terrible. The RELIEF SECTION:  I have tried so many steroid creams and topical ointments that it's ridiculous. The only thing that works is the strongest steroid cream (clobetasol) from your dermatologist or doctor's office. Get the ointment variety - it's really greasy. Then cover your hands and feet with the ointment in the problem areas. Don't rub it in all the way - have a lot on there. Then I apply plastic disposable gloves over the ointment and cut off the fingertips (that way you can still use your hands when you're trying to get ready for bed. Sleep with the gloves on and wash ointment off in the morning. For my feet I have either wrapped them in saran wrap after applying the ointment (which is annoying) or put cotton or cotton spandex mix moisturizing socks over the ointment for bed. I have found that the most occlusive and air tight dressings work best for feet...so what ever kind of water-proof sock variety will be fine. I could imagine that for less severe cases of dyshidrotic eczema (like the kind where you might not be able to see even little bumps) might benefit from a less strong steroid cream like 2.5% hydrocortizone cream applied in the same manner.  

Hope this might help a few of you. I have suffered with this for about 9 months...I got one kenalog injection about 3 months ago but when it wore off things seemed to return with a vengance. I have a suspicion that it might be related to the birth control (nuvaring) that I started around the same time that these came on. I'm going off of that soon so if that helps I'll let you guys know too. Anyone else who has suggestions for dyshidrotic eczema let me know!!!! I've found a way to control it with the socks and gloves but it's not very practical long term and it's starting to get pretty old.
C

I am experiencing the same itching on my feet and sometimes my hands.  Mostly intense at night!  No rashes or bumps, just the weird itch that seems to be coming from within??

I had a blood test last month checking my glucose, thyroid, bile, etc. and nothing was wrong except for a below normal level of Vitamin D.  The doctor didn't say any relevance to the itching and I didn't think so either.  She has recommended "cortaid" but I already used different kinds of cream and they don't help at all.  She also mentioned about taking 'benadryl' and that actually helped!  I don't want to get used to taking benadryl everyday though, so I am still trying to find out what's causing it??

This all started when I got pregnant last December.  Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage in January.  I thought the itching was all related to my pregnancy and pre-natal vitamin intake.  I'm not pregnant now and I still do get the itch.  I would want to get pregnant again so that's my concern.....coz the only thing that stops my feet itching now is when I take benadryl and I don't wanna do that when I get pregnant.  

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
gee1216

I see many here have the same itching on their hands and or feet that I do.  I just went through my second bout in 3 months with it.  It is the most aggravating (and sometimes agonizing) feeling I have ever had.  It's like the INSIDE of your skin itches even burns sometimes.  All I can do is wring my hands together as hard as I can and run my feet through the carpet....one day I will probably pull the carpet from the wall 'cause I'm pushing sooo hard.  I just don't get it....like I said this was the second time I have been through it.  It seems to last for two or three days and it's gone. I don't see that anyone has been able to figure out what it is.  I saw one posting about dermatitis but dermatitis can be seen in the form of redness and bumps.  I don't have those symptoms.  WHAT THE HECK IS THIS ITCHING????  I'm thinking maybe I have eaten something that I'm allergic to but I'm not sure....someone please unlock the mystery!!!!!!!!!!!
this happened to me about a month ago and now it has happened two days in a row.  I am always at work and it is in the mid morning. Intensely red and itching palms and feet.

I just started wearing Invisalign braces 2 months ago.  I hope it is not a reaction to the plastic.  
I am 19 years old and I have noticed this unbearable itching a few weeks ago. I too have to drag my feet across the carpet and hold my hands tight together in order to calm the itching down. I am not on any birth control right now, so it can't be from anything to do with not tolerating the estrogen in the pills, I too just got blood work done on my thyroid and a pregnancy test and everything is 100% okay, and I'm not pregnant. So why do I itch so badly!?!?!?! :(  I also am experiencing nausea along with the itching, this is just as miserable as the itching! I cant eat much anymore, I take 3 bites of anything and my next bite I have to force down, but yet I feel hungry! I can't even do my job without feeling sick all day! :( I am getting married next year, and under some stress, could this have anything to do with the stress of planning the wedding??? What is going on!?!?!?!?!  Please HELP!!!!! :(
I'm 21... I periodically have this irritating sensation in my feets sometimes my palm and it's driving me crazy... But I'm more scared now after reading a few comments about this strange sensation because lately I've been urinating a lot at night and I'm having a feeling I may be diabetic.... Please if you any suggestions aside seeing a doctor would really help me right now cause I have no money to treat myself... Thank you
This morning around 6am, I was woken up by the maddening itch on my palms and feet. I could NOT go back to sleep until after I took a Benadryl in which only dimmed the fire. I am 26 and this is the first time I have ever had a serious itching problem remotely close to this situation. The weirdest part of all is that the itching literally moves around my hands and feet. Sometimes I itch on the tips of my fingers, then it moves to my palms. Likewise with the feet...sometimes it is on the sides of my heel and others it feels like someone is tickling my bones with a huge feather duster. Not seeing any visible rash or blisters on my hands save when I scratch myself raw. I've tried rubbing alcohol, hydrocortisone creams, you name it. NOTHING works. I hope to God this goes away fast. It's unbearable. I couldn't function at work today. Even now when the spots are itching, I can feel heat just radiating off my hands and feet. I wonder if it is because it has been so damned hot lately. Maybe it is a weird form of prickly heat?  For those that mention diabetes or liver problems, I have never had problems with either issue. I am pretty healthy, just overweight. Not allergic to anything (that I know of) and I haven't done anything or used anything out of the normal. This literally happened out of nowhere.
I used to wash my feet & of course hands before going to bed. I would wake up with my hands & feet that were so itchy i would scratch til my hands were swollen and hands & feet burned so bad sometimes even would get a rash due to it. I finally found out that i was allergic to yellow 5 which is in so many thigs such as Mt dew, dial soap (which explains my itchy hands & feet, i used it), shampoos, foods etc. anyway since i have been checking all inghredients and avoiding this chemical i have not had any outbreaks and it has even helped with my sneezing, runny nose & etc. hope this helps someone out there even one person. also i developed an allergy to ibuprofen & this is why my doctor mentioned that i might also be to the yellow 5.
That is a good thought. I was suspecting for me it might be an allergy to my new birth control I started 1 day before my itching happened. The doctor I saw today pretty much just told me I picked up some 'virus' cause I work in retail and cashier. She then told me to get Zyrtec, because I couldn't possibly be having an allergic reaction to a birth control. I'd like to smack some doctors in the face. I still have the itching and have scratched away skin. It is maddening, and I wish I could make this doctor see that. I have no idea what else this itching could be from. Is it possible to become allergic to something such as Yellow 5 or Red dyes?
I just read that sometimes it could be SCRABIES which are microscopic mites under the skin.  It showed pictures of how the skin looks. Also, the site said your doctor should be able to do a skin test to determine if it is SCRABIES.  Other than that, my DOCTOR has suggested taking BENADRYL OR ALLERGRA.  When the itching on my feet starts the only thing that helps me immediately is running HOT WATER over my foot while I scratch it with a washcloth.  FINALLY! the ITCHING STOPS!!!.........GOD BLESS EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.  I HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELPS.  ***@****
Interested to read your post I have also just started to get an itchy 'burning' itch on my palms and feet, and I have also been pregnant recently (like yourself I also had a miscarriageand itching remains). Co-incidence?  
I have no useful tips unfortunately I was online looking for help myself!
I am looking for answers but also think I could help someone connect the dots.
I have had attacks of itchy hands and feet several times but the one connection I made
is that I was on antibiotics at the time of the 2 worst attacks. It's weird because I started itching today on my right hand around my thumb. It was really intense but went away on
it's on. A couple of hours later my left hand started itching in the exact spot the right hand
had itched. Then 2 hours later the inside of my left foot started itching. It was so bad. It felt
like there was a bug or something under my skin. It lasted an hour. It was so bad I started feeling sick to my stomach. I took an allergy pill and it went away.
I also developed a vaginal yeast infection this weekend so I think the itching could be Candida overgrowth. I am going to see someone this week for a candida test and a liver enzyme test. I'm afraid my liver could be failing because I have had a drinking problem for several years and itching is a symptom. If they find nothing I will have a test for diabetes.
I have been diagnosed 3 times with high blood sugar but negative for diabetes in the past.
Note- sometimes I itch other places on my body, not as intense as feet and hands but constant when it starts and very annoying.
Hi, I definitely think your on the "right track" to go get some 'Tests' done.  I certainly
"commend you for that."  I think though, you hit on a 'key point' about "Sugar!"  I'm
a big time 'Sugar Lover' and "do, over-do-it" when it comes to 'Sugar' in my 'Coffee' or
'Tea.'  Also, I always remember whenever I was in the 'Hospital' and they gave me
'Introveinous' which consisted of 'Sugar Water' if they 'overdid it' such as giving me a
'second bottle' after a while I would feel like my whole body was "Tickleling" .....it was
'AWFUL!'.......I couldn't wait to see the 'Doctor' and tell him and he gave me something
to make it stop!  Those are some "good TESTS' you mentioned.  Good Luck to you and
hope you're OK.  All the best, Frances
I have similar itching bouts in the palms of my hands and feet that not only itches but burns also. I remember experiencing this about a year ago and my doctor told me it was an allergic reaction to some type of meds I may have taken or I may have developed a new allergy to something I have eate eatingn. I know it wasnt anything I ate cause I don't really change my eating habits. My doc wind up prescribing a pill called prednisone which I had to take for a couple days it helped a lot but here I am a year later with the same thing but not sure what it us I an allergic to so now the doc have to run some tests to find out exactly what it us I am allergic to, to finally get rid of the churning and itching. Good luck with finding the source hope I helped just a lil bit.
I am having itching under my great toe and it's been itching all might. It's driving me nuts. I sort of believe that it's the circulation in my feet because my foot was semi swollen when it started. This itch is like no other, I'm rubbing my foot on the carpet trying to get relief. It's not helping!!!

I started to itching on a Friday, it was October 14th. It all started with an itchy back which after few minutes went away. I did not pay much attention to it since ive always been pretty healthy and have no allergy history. By Sunday morning this itching was driving me crazy, I itch everywhere, and as soon as i started sratching i would get little bumps, they looked like mosquito bites. Since i went out on a field the past thursday i thought that maybe i just got bit by some mosquitoes and maybe got something from them since there are so many diseases that they carry. Sunday night i went to the ER, i could not take the itching anymore and then my feet and hands were in so much pain, when i walked it felt like i was walking on glass. They ran a bunch of tests at the ER and sent me home with some benadryl, they gave me a shot of steroids which calmed it for about 5 minutes and then all the symptoms would come back. Anyway, after that ive seen my dermatologist and other doctors, nobody could tell me what i had. The itching just got worse with benadryl and claritin. They probably thought i was going crazy and did not pay much attention to me. The last doctor i saw felt really bad but said he was sorry he could not figure out what was going on and that i should see an allergist. I finally went to another doctor who was able to tell me what i have. It is called "Chollinergic Urticaria". I could honestly say that this was one of the best days of my life, just knowing that this was finally going to be over, this nightmare was going to drive me insane, and nobody understood what it felt like. He prescribed me Doxepin and Dicyclomine. Ive been on these two medications since and I am back to my regular routine. I am so relief and so happy that the medicine is working for me. As my doctor said, this could be a permanent thing, or it could go away in time. Please click on the link to learn more about this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholinergic_urticaria
sounds like Scabies
It's horrible,itchy hands and my feet...to the point as most of you above,posted gimmie a piece of sand paper please!! Anyways...people have told me it gas to do with stress...but its not hive like...they look like raised lateral welts. It usually starts 30 min or more after a stress episode...I'm a lil scared...
OMG, Thank u, ive been living with this for about a 2 months. It started all of a sudden and it is EXACTLY how u described..i also have the bumps with the seed looking thing and I was starting to get scared, not sure what was going on. I was so scared I had contacted scabies or something, now I have a sigh of relief and im gonna get to the Dr as soon as I can!!..Thanks for sharing/helping.   Marie
I have almost the same symptoms and the heat is making me think menopause, although it would be a bit early for me. My palms are itchy, but not hot. My feet have heat that radiates from the soles and primarily though my heels. Have you found any suggestions?
I have same itching for last week or so.  I just started 15 gram sugar max (a day), and 120 carbs a day.  Wondering if this is related.  But in Nov. 2011 I took a trip to Florida and that night, my pubic hairs were itching, and this has been happening periodically since then, but when I take a bath it goes away.  But I think the hands and feet itch is entirely different.  I'm going to change soap, put anti itch cream on, (this has helped), I did change my shampoo recently to a stress relief shampoo - this might not be so good.  I'm thinking whoever said it might be micro mites, maybe this is so.  I just started drinking Almond milk since I am limiting sugar intake - doubt this is it.  I have not taken any medication for at least a month, and haven't taken any vitamins or pills for over a month or so, so can't it on that.  I will keep reading for remedies.
this sound exactly what I'm having; I DO have Type II Diabetes which is under control, and the several itching "under the skin" on the hands and between my toes is horrible :(  It goes away after I take Ibuprofen, but I'm finding that I'm taking 3-4x daily, which is getting old, and also making me tired?
Someone mentioned running the hands and feet under extremely hot water and omg what relief! Its like scratching but it actually relieves the itch! Then run cold water over for a couple minutes, amazing!
I have the same problem too.. Its getting so bad I can't sleep.. drives me crazy!! I've tried all kinds of itch creams and sprays.. the more i itch it the more it itches.. I can'f anyone that can tell me what this is...
Hello there....and to everyone reading this with this horrible condition.  I do not have the burning hands but I have had the inner burning foot itch for going on 15 years and i am only 29.  I already have bad environmental allergies so i take reactine 20mg everyday and it doesnt help my feet at all.  I absolutley find the worse time they itch is when i am in bed or laying on the couch (when they r in an upright position).  Now u said u r pregnent and dont want to take Benydryl....my mother and i came up with an idea that works great and i have beenn doing it for 15 years now and it requires no meds...ya c i went to many doctors who looked at me like i was from another planet so bottom line was they never did jack for me.....the key to what we all have that takes the itch away in either the feet or hands is they must stay COLD....so when i go to sleep at night i untuck one corner from my bed  sheets so i can stick my feet out and then i position a medium sized fan at the end of my bed  and keep it blowing on them all night......for your hands  when trying to sleep i would hook up a small desk fan and position it so it can hit only your hands...this at least doesnt cost anything except a little higher eletricity bill and the noise of the fan too can be nice and calming so it  puts our minds on something else besides this horrible itch!!!!!  I used to have to take  a fan with my everytime i would have a sleep over at any of my friends houses....they used to cal me foot fan LOL how embarassing is that!!!!
I hope this helps.....and good luck getting pregnent again.
i narrowed it down by trial and error ti garlic.. I'm allergic to garlic.. if i eat minute amounts such as is present in catsup or mustard  i get itching under the callos on my hands and feet..  it's definately garlic allergy.  so i would test this on yourself.. avoid garlic.. monitor what you eat.. write EVERYTHING down you eat.. when you feel the symptoms review what you have eaten for the previous 36 or so hours.  Took me a week or so to pin it down to garlic.. now i have no further occurances without garlic in my diet.  
I have something like s rash on my body legs, feet hand stomach private part and I dunno what it is but it dosent itch me need to know what I will use to cure it
I too suffer a lot with this problem, but (Atarax 10mg- one tablet/two days) helps me to control etching for two days if taken regularly. and doctors advised me to take it all the days of life. Or need to visit skin specialist and find the allergic although the medicine will not be assured
I also get a yeast infection normally after sexual intercourse?
How can i stop the irritation and odour smell? And also
Can my partner get it? How can i prevent this from
Happening putting me off making love
I also have dyshidrotic eczema with the same symptoms.  Nuts, especially peanuts, really makes it flare.  There are nuts or nut oils in so many things so I started reading ingredients after a flare up on things like bbq sauce which contained liquid smoke....and liquid smoke was the culprit being made with hickory which is also a nut,  granola bars even they don't have peanuts were made in a factory that also processed food with peanuts.  I didn't find the clobetasol helping after using it about 6 months but narrowed it down to nuts and avoiding those have helped greatly.  I was never allergic to nuts, but after using peanut oil for the first time, it was started.   It is so much better now avoiding all  nuts. I had meatloaf today from a restaurant and it had a tomatoe based sauce on top and I've itched all day finally taking an allergy pill which was successful in stopping it. Apparently there was liquid smoke in their sauce.  
I had severe itchy and feet.  It was very intermittent, no rhyme or reason to it.  I took my diet back to zero, eating only bland neutral stuff for a week.  Only chicken and rice or something simple and only drinking water.  My problem was that I had a 24 hour delayed reaction to shrimp.  However, I’m not allergic to shrimp.  My allergist did a blood test to confirm this.  I’m allergic to the preservative that is put on shrimp, in particular the shrimp in the frozen meals.  Since I cut this out of my diet, no more itchy hands/feet!  I eat sushi and shrimp w/o any problems.  I just stay away from the processed stuff.
try vinegar someone on another site says it work I haven't tried it yet but I'm gonna
I have the same problem with itchy hands & feet. Its starts all of a sudden &it drives me crazy.it gets so bad that I take a hard bristle brush or comb to scratch it and literally almost scratching my skin off. Dont know what it is and there is no specific pattern. Its seem that alot of other people are experiencing the same thing, so if you figure out what triggers the symtoms (symptoms) and how to stop it PLEASE,PLEASE POST IT
My hands started itching two weeks ago, and three days later, my feet also.  No rash.  No itching at night, in fact, it stops in about five minutes after I lay down.  It starts again, in five minutes or so when I get up, whether in the night or morning.  It lasts about an hour or so when I get up in the morning.  It returns 3 or 4 times throughout the day.  Went to doctor today, who thought allergy (an allergy that goes away when you lay down?!)   and said to take an antihistamine for two weeks and see what happens.  She also ordered a complete blood count and a vitamin B 12 test.   Anyone have anything like this?
I have had these same symptoms for about 18 months now and I am at the end of my rope. I have seen my doctor several times and he has conducted numerous blood tests. Nothing out of the ordinary. He has sent me to see a total of 4 specialist who have all insisted on taking their own blood work and coming up with nothing. My insurance is not that great and I have spent about $3,000 to try and find out what is wrong. Frustrating to say the least. I am a healthy 36 year old man and I am ready to scream. Sometimes the itching and burning is so bad I want to cut my hands and feet off!! Good luck to all who have these symptoms and when it gets really bad just remember it could always be worse.

BC
Atlanta GA
Same problem as everyone else.   Itchy palms to the point I could rip my hands off and the top of my feet (not my soles).  A month ago I started taking cholesterol meds and metformin.  I went to the Dr. to ask if it could be a reaction to the meds and he said it's doubtful.  He has me not taking the cholesterol pills for 5 days to see if it stops.  It hasn't stopped.  I thought I got a bug bite which caused it.  I itched for 24 hours and then finally broke down and took a zyrtec.  Next morning all of the welts from my scratching were gone (which led me to believe it was not bug bites, they would have remained).  So I have no idea what's causing it.  Only new foods I started eating were bananas and yoplait light.  Guess I have to live with it.  But man it's horrible!  I too had shingles as a child (10 years old)
I'm 23 weeks pregnant & about 3 weeks ago I started having a problem one day my foot will swell up itch so bad turn red & painful then go away a day or two later then one of my fingers done the same thing & went away then my thumb then spot the size of a golf ball on the sole of my right foot & palm of my right hand done it & went away now my pinky finger on my right hand & middle finger on left hand is doing it. Doctor has tested my blood & urine and has not found anything wrong & has no idea what it could be. Someone please help me I can't stand this anymore. It itchy so bad under the skin swells til it looks like it will pop & hurts so bad. I can run it under real hot water then cold water & it will stop itchy for a little while but the smallest touch to it will cause it to itch again. What's wrong with me.
I have the itching palm on and off for a week so I tracked what I eat that cause the itching.  I found that every time I have wheat bread or wheat cereal my palms will itch after few hours later.  So watch what you eat and avoid the foods that cause you palm itch.  However, I found a solution to it is eating roasted sun flower seeds with no salt.  The itching stopped in a few minutes after I had sun flower seeds.  I tested this several times and it works every time therefore I decided to post this so you and others can try to see if it works.  Wish you luck.
I have had this burning itching hands and feet for over a year it's unbearable when it starts up and for know apparent reason it seems.  I don't have derbatiris or psoriasis.  I am not diabetic so what the hacks going on.  It's so frustrating to go to a Dr. And they bake you feel like your crazy.   HELP
I followed my doctor's suggestion, and did start taking an antihistamine, Zyrtec, 10 mg once a day.  It worked.  I took it for two days, and then stopped.  After about 3 days, the itching returned, so I took only 5 mg (cut the pill in half), and it again worked.   I have essentially continued this pattern ever since.   About every three days, (sometimes two days, sometimes four), I take a 5 mg dose, and the itching stops.  But I occasionally also have itching with spots in various places on my body.  I only notice the spots because of the itching.  And they go away in a very short time, whether or not I am taking the Zyrtec at that time.  Haven't gone back to my doctor yet, but do plan on asking for a referral to an allergist specialist, and I would really like to know why this happens, even though I am extremely glad that the Zyrtec works to stop the itching.  Hope this information helps someone.
I have the same itching as described in the some of the posts above and yours.  It can start with an itchy back -- but the next day the palms of my hands and soles of my feet are so itchy I want to scratch them with a knife!!  One thing I do know i have is hepatitis C - so get tested - u never know.  Also, I have put on about 25 pounds over the last 10 months - someone else mentioned Type II diabetes -- could be either one of those of neither of those - just thought i'd give some info.
i just had a short bout of severe itching that started on my neck, then hands, then feet, then briefly on my face. each area subsided just as the next area started. it felt like my blood pressure rose rapidly too, that is to say that the skin on my hands felt tight/bloated and the veins stood out. after an hour it luckily went away. no allergies or skin disorders previous to this. 10 mins before onset of itching i ate a cheap 'supermarket own brand' icecream on a stick. never eaten this brand before. wrapper said 'may contain nuts' (but don't they all?). even though i've never had any issue with nuts i feel it must have been this as i had eaten NOTHING else AT ALL in the previous 7 hours. ONLY drank water.
don't know if this will help anyone...maybe with identifying a cause...
all the best
When the itching and burning is accompanied by blisters it is a virus called Fifths disease or hand hoof and mouth (it can appear in your feet, hands or mouth).  Probably need an antibiotic.  Talk to your doctor...
best wishes
You are not alone! I had this all of my adolescence until I was about 27 years old. I have been to every specialist you can list but none of them had any idea as to why this was happening. I am now 37 years old and have not had this problem until just this week. Now I'm once again seeking solutions or at least trying to discover why this is happening. Please let me know if you learn anything!
I've had this going on for years. Nothing helps except cold, which doesn't make it completely stop. I'm pretty convinced at this point that it's related to stress. My best advice is to not scratch to begin with (if you can restrain yourself), and invest in some ice packs.
Oh, and Zyrtec does work really well, if you can afford it.
Hi! Our rash-with the bumps is different from theirs( without bumps, probably neuropathy). So I have been having dyshydrotic rash for almost 2 years. I don't remember when started using NuvaRing. Last month I took the ring out and the rash  has gone for 2 weeks. Before that It appeared every 3-4 days after Treating  it with Protopic( only this was helping me, steroids didn't help)! So NuvaRing is convenient, but I think it caused my eczema:-(
Hi I have had severe itching feet under my feat comes and goes but when it comes i get to desperate that I want to rip my skin of.  It happens day or night never know when or what time. Then for about 4 yrs it stopped now is starting all over again.  Years ago I was prescribed HYDROXYZINE and it took it away after that I i didnt get it any more. Now I have it again gona go see my dr today to see if he can prescribe me the same med again.  I have read alot of this and tried about everything and the only meds that help was HYDROXYZINE and another medication I was given in Mexico when it happen to me again its called "EVASTEL 20" man that made a miracle but since i dont got to mexico i will try again HYDROXYZINE.  Before  takign any of this meds I try going to different doctors all kinds of cream and nothing seem to help except the desperate scratching on my feet.  Maybe go to the doctor and ask about HYDROXYZINE its said it's for :" Today it is used primarily for the symptomatic relief of anxiety and tension associated with psychoneurosis and as an adjunct in organic disease states in which anxiety is manifested. Because of its antihistamine effects it can also be used for the treatment of severe cases of itching, hyperalgesia and motion sickness-induced nausea.".... It worked for me thats why I am going to see my Dr about this again after 4 yrs being itching free... Hope it helps!!
I was doing great until I took a flu shot last Month.  Now, I itch in my hands, feet and small lumps show up around shoulders, lower back and buttocks.
I have been to three docs and two nurses. No one blames the flu vaccine
but my gut feeling is that is it.  Going to see a Rumatologist to see if I
have Rumatoid Arthoritis. Sometimes I scratch so much it causes blisters.
Zertec helps, so does the cortizone cream.
A year ago I suffered from random itching on my hands, feet and sometimes burning on my scalp.  It seemed like I must have an allergy to food.  I had over 50 allergy tests done for foods, dust, latex etc and they all came out negative.  I was living on Benadryl and hot baths to reduce and sooth the itching.  I was reading a blog a year ago looking for an answer to this horrific sudden condition that my Dr. could not resolve.  I read a blog by a gentleman who recommended taking a super probiotic called Symbiom.  Poor guy was shot down by other bloggers thinking he was selling it or promoting it.  Well I decided to take his advise and it was the best thing I ever did.  After about 3 months my symptoms were gone.  I continued to take it for about 6 more months.  I have not had it for over 3 months and ALL of the itching, allergic reactions and scalp burning is gone.  I do believe that so many of our physical illnesses stem from our diet and poor digestion.  If you do only one thing, reduce your sugar intake and eat more protein and vegetables. Eliminate any alcohol intake while you are  healing and cleansing your body. As always drink lots of good water and stay away from soft drinks.  Hope this helps someone!
have been taking an anitbiotic for 2 weeks and have started getting itchy hands and feet but only at night.
agree with taking probiotic as i feel it could be a yeast infection.
good article below

http://allergies.about.com/od/skinallergies/a/pruritus.htm
please,a friend of mine is having severe itching of the palm and sole of the feet. What could possibly be the cause and any medication? Send your reply to ***@****. Thanks
I don't know if you ever look at this post anymore teardropfire, but I am experiencing the itching only you have described.  It moves around.  It seems it comes out of nowhere then dissapears as quickly as it comes.  I might sit on the floor for two hours itching and itching and then "bam" it is gone.  it has now traveled up my legs and is in my midsection.  But the worst itching of all is still the hands and feet.  I have no visible bumps, EXCEPT after I itch they appear exactly where i was itching the worst.  Now I have scabs everywhere and look ridicuouls.  I find nothing makes it go away all the way.  I'm going insane.  Litterally.  My family looks at me like Im a mad woman when I get an "itch attack".  They say, just dont itch it.  Right.  I wish I had that much control, but the itching is way too intense to ignore.  It feels as if it is not a possibility.  Anything you have discovered would be helpful.  Thank you, from a fellow "Itcher" simmonscat1
I am experiencing the same, no rash, no skin irritation, other than the redness from scratching.
I will try antihistamine.
Thank you
I have been experiencing a deep under the skin itching of my feet for over a year and a half. When I speak to my doctors about this they think that I am crazy. What can I do to get my doctors to take me serious and what types blood work or treatments will work? I am puzzled and frustrated.
Im going through the same thing. Someone please help!
Hi. I've been suffering with this itching for over 12 months and my doctor said that she has being seeing more and more patients with the same problem?? Had blood tests but nothing showed up and I am on creams and antihistamines which do help. However, I came across a web site on SalicylateSensitivity and from there went to this page.  http://www.sswahs.nsw.gov.au/rpa/allergy/research/students/1988/AnneSwainPhDThesis.pdf
I have now cut out most fruits except bananas and pears and many vegetables which are on the high scale in the SalicylateSensitivity chart. My itching has improved 75% as before this I ate loads of fruit and veg (especially oranges and tomatoes) with being on a "healthy" weight reducing plan. Did I over do it I wonder and create my sensitivity??? I only know that I am feeling better now that I have reduced the incidents and I know that when I have a flair up, that it wont last for ever.I hope this helps all those sufferers or at least some of you :-)
I started having an intense burning and itching in my left wrist, then to palm then the entire hand. The itching and burning then went from my L hand to L foot, not any part of my leg though, then to my r hand and foot. It got so bad that I had to get out of bed. Re-washed hands and feet. Finally I took 2 0.25 benedryl and it stopped for about 8 hours. then the whole thing started again.  I had made not changes in my diet or cosmetics.  Went to dr. got shot of steroid and some antihistamines which seem to work at least for the last 12 hours.  I still have minor itching, and have developed a pretty bad headache.  If anyone has a clue about this please share.
I was checked for that and that isn't it
I have had this problem for quite a while now and have been to lots of Dr's and they say fungi's .They all say when you eat something it gos to all the body not just your hands and feet and I do agree with that. I do know that reflexology is my next place. I remember pinching a nerve in my neck and back and a few months later I come down with this. I had naromas taken from my feet and then it was in full bloom. When we pinch nerves our body is letting you know you have a problem, I also know that alot of nerves are in your upper neck and when they get pinched our hands get operated for corperal tunnel. All that is is our nerves get pinched in our shoulders and it is a symptom....So I am going in for a masage and having my shoulders and spine worked on the most...
I have been having the symptoms of itching hands and feet, primarily at night or early early morning.  I'm in my late 40s, so I was thinking pre-menopausal. To help with my night sweats and hot flashes I take a great women's multi-vitamin...lately if I miss my vitamins I get the itching hands and feet.  I've had to increase my vitamins to twice a day along with some biotin and 1000 mcg of Vitamin C.  If I'm consistent, no itching...if I miss my vitamins...intense itching.  Good luck to all.  I get my vitamins at GNC, women's Active...don't take after 3:00 or it will be hard to fall asleep.  Because of these vitamins I don't have night sweats!
I have had a steroid shot in my spine , have you ever. I also take effexor for night sweats, really helps alot...The vitamins sound good...The skin Dr. said what you eat or take oraly will not go to one certain spot if your alergic (allergic) to it . They thought with itchy hands and feet I had a fungi...I looked up side effects for steroid injections and one is itchy hands and feet....Thanks for your help...
If your friend has a flare up again, have her try this. A couple months ago I had athletes foot on my left foot only around my little toe and intense "crazy' itching on the top of my foot. I tried all the OTC athletes foot sprays and creams. Nothing was working and I tried baking soda and even put some in my sock. kinda helped but it was still there. I read on EarthClinic.com's page to try Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar w/the Mother in it. I put it in a small spray bottle and used it several times during the day. When your desperate you will try anything! I couldn't believe it was working! Thank God, it was gone. So I quit using the ACV. Within a week it came back, again I used the ACV and it went away. This time I kept using it til it was gone for sure. Now the palms of my hands began itching like crazy! I am using the ACV, just rubbing it into the my palms. This is only the first day and I can already tell that it's helping. When I wash my hands, the hotter the water it will get all flared up again! Think I will stick with the ACV.  Best and cheapest treatment out there! Hope this helps someone!
Oh my gosh my feet and hands started itching like crazy yesterday! mostly my feet & hands but I'm getting sporadic itching in various spots as well, but not as bad as feet & hands. I can't think of one single thing that would have brought this on, except for taking a new medicine for high blood pressure. ive been on bp meds since 2009, but never had this problem. This is so uncomfortable. I'm leaning towards thinking its either the whole circulation thing, or some allergy that Benadryl will calm down. I tried soaking my feet in cool Epsom salt water, it seemed to ease it at first but came back quick. So, gonna try taking Benadryl and lay back with my feet elevated to see if this helps......
Very interesting about the vitamins.  I do get the night sweats and hot flushes and am peri menopausal.  I've had the itchy souls of feet a few times now for no reason and like others mentioned want to scratch my souls off.  No marks , redness or bumps, no touching or using any unusual.  Tonight my palms did it too, first time for my palms, they got so itchy wanted to scratch the skin off then the feet started.  I've had test for allergies and blood sugar so it can't be that.  I suspect it's menopause.  
I have the sameeeeeeee problem. Seems as if everyone on here has the same problem it has to be something an it has to have a name. I don't have a rash or bumps or anything just at night mainly and some during the day my hands and feet will itch until I want to cut them off. I looked this thread up online before I hear to WalMart to get Benedryl. I just can't take it anymore. Anyone ever get a diagnosis??
Many itching conditions are caused by an overgrowth of Candida. Taking a probiotic will kill off excess Candida. Look for one that contains Acidophylus in a combination with other probiotics. This is a most harmless course of action and is recommended.
Some say it can be related to tired leg syndrome, TLS. Maybe you could read up on that.
I have been experiencing itchy palms and itchy feet bottoms for the last several months, I am a 59 year old healthy male, I find creams do not help much at all, I take 2 allergy pills every morning faithfully and find little help, it usually starts when I take my sox off in the evening, it seems air contact makes the itch come alive in my feet, my hands are ok but start when I am holding an item or using them on hand rails, or steering wheels etc.  The itch goes away after scratching for a short time.  Once in a awhile the feet itch will wake me during the nite.  I also take a multivitamin daily for years now, I recently had extensive bloodwork done ruling out diabetes, thyroid, liver, kidneys. I have been on Champix for a few months but believe the itching started before this.  I think I will try a Probiotic as I can't think of anything else to try..I would love some input on this annoying condition.
I am having severe itching in my hands and feet. It is driving me crazy!  It started about 3 weeks ago.  I am wondering if it is due to the medication my dermatologist put me on for acne as that is the only thing new that has been introduced to me.  I have read ALL of the comments on here and noticed that Zyrtec is the one thing many people claimed help them.  I am going to go get some today and try it.  I will definitely let you know if it works.  For now I have found that applying very liberal amounts of vaseline or aloe to the area help relieve some of the itch.  It also helps to wash your hands and feet in hot salt water.  The grains from the salt help sooth my itching without hurting the skin.  It is only a temporary relief though, so I am going to go get the Zyrtec.  
I took the Zyrtec about 4 hours ago and the itching stopped within an hour and a half and has not come back yet.  This is the first relief from the itch that lasted more than half an hour that I have had in DAYS!  I will keep you all posted to let you know if it continues to work.  I also quit taking the medication I was on (yesterday) and had a new prescription called in for me.  Hopefully that will be better also.  I will take the Zyrtec every day for the next week and then let you know how effective it is.  
Zyrtec worked!  I haven't had any itching since I began taking it on the 11th.  
That is great, I will try the same. Per chance do you have any liver problems?
I had same problems  for years like sudden moments of itcing and as much as I tried to scratch myself  my feet and hands were itching worse and were kind of red and swalloen a little bit .. and I went to many doctors untill one day when I found an old doctor and he  told me that my body don't elimine the toxins properly and this is the problem ...and was right he gave a mix of plants and i drink everyday for a month that infusion and it was ok after that and Also I went  to do some tests and they found that my gail is lazy and can't eliminate all the toxins...exactly what the old doctor told me... now after 10 years since then I move in Vancouver and I forget the name of the mix of plants and my hands start itching again and also my feet!!!
I have the dishidrotic eczema and the mysterious painful, red, hot, swollen, itching with NO bubbles also (hands and feet). I have found scalding hot tap water is more effective for halting the itch-ice cold water or icepacks seem to cause more pain? Anyway, I recently figured out two things-slathering the hands with noxema instantly soothed the itch and the pain and cotton gloves from the pharmacy for use over ointment or noxema feel wonderful. Even when symptoms are mild or I am working and unable to apply creams, etc. the gloves are snug and somehow quiet those nerve ending and provide almost instant improvement of symptoms. I have given up trying to find the cause. I am glad to hear about other peoples triggers as mine are the same so now I know I'm not crazy. All my life I've had hyper-inflammatory response in every area of my body inside and out. I figure the immune system is just too easily triggered and its response is too extreme?
Please try PSORIASIS ointment. It's sold at Walgreens and is stronger than any cortisone cream available.  It does require daily use (2-3) times but can help tremendously.  God Bless.
I just came across this thread now as I'm going through same thing.  I'm wondering if you ever figured it out? I have doc. appt. in a couple of days.  I'm thinking with me it's from pinched nerves in my back that I've had for a very long time.  Hope all is well with you now!
This is the worst itching feeling that I have ever had. my hands and feet itched on my palms, arch, heel and between my fingers and toes. I tried some anti-itch cream and it didn't work. I would grab my keys and start digging in where it itched to the point where it hurt and swelled up. I would also go outside and rub my feet on the concrete. this went on for almost 3 weeks. I thought that I may have diabetes but my diet doesn't contribute to it. I had some cream laying around called Elocon from many years ago that was prescribed to me from a bad reaction from some metal material....I work as a machinist. anyway, I tried it and it worked. It has been a day and a half now and I don't feel anymore intense itching. Its a prescription cream that I think is used for reactions....maybe allergic reactions.
I took my dog walking in the park acouple days ago, and after I started having really bad itching on my balms so I started using Calamine Lotion which I thought was because I got Poison Ivy on my hands or something, but I don't have any bumps or anything on my hands so I don't know what it is?  It's keeping me up at night and I'm using a rough hair brush to itch my hands.  It helps alittle then comes back after acouple minutes.
No I had chicken pox though...it comes on with me with the opening pressure and stress as well....the itchyness turns into pain undearable...omw to the ER
I too have the unbearable itching to the palms of my hands and bottoms of my feet. It feels like the itching is under the skin and only rubbing my feet/hands on something hard gives a little relief. It's been going on for the last couple of days. As I lay down to rest the itching is all over my body, but nothing compares to the severe itching on the bottom of my feet. I'm not allergic to anything that I'm aware of, haven't started any new meds, lotions, soaps, foods, etc. My husband is diabetic so I just tested my sugar on his machine and my sugar is fine so that's not it. I haven't been pregnant in 30 years. I also have no rashes or conditions that I can see. This *****.
Do some ayurvedic treatments. nothing serious. Im experiencing on and off for more than ten years now.
Hey folks I have been using a prescription anti fungal cream called Nystatin 3X daily on the palms of my hands for the last 3-4 days and this has worked very well so far to relieve the itching.  Apparently I have ringworm and this has been causing the itching.  What I have learned: Ringworm is very common and causes athletes foot among other things.  There are over the counter anti fungals and some home remedies too.
I have been researching and talking to my niece who is a nurse. Its driving me crazy as well. Might be a liver or gall bladder issue. I hope not!
ive always heard that too but havent got any yet and my palms of hands r about to itch me to death but theres no rash or other symptoms about this other than i also exp sweating alot at different times..no new drugs no new cosmetics or clothes or wash or saop none new..i dont know what this could be but bout to drive ne crazy at times..lol
any one have any ideas what may be going on with these symptoms also i have where i cant remember things like i use too and that gets scary occasionally..any insight would be appreciated thanks alot..kim
So many comments on this irritating itching! :)  It seems that everyone is getting different responses from different doctors, etc.  When I was pregnant I would get this in my palms and my feet due to 'circulation'...then it was due to 'extra toxins in my body that the placenta wasn't getting rid of'...THEN it was due to 'dry skin' (THAT one I knew it wasn't because of).  I even heard this one (from my mother)...it's due to 'parasites all grouping together in one area under your skin'....hmmmmm...ICK!  lol....anyway, it's really hard to get rid of this itching as it comes and it goes.  I read some of the postings about how you use everything and everything to itch it...bricks...side of a wall...corner...how many of you have taken a butter knife or a fork!!!!  It's so true!  And then...you are left with an open sore that will scab over---BUT, the itch seemed to go away as if as soon as oxygen hit it, it vanished!  This is what happens with me however...but not so appealing to have scabs on your hands...ha!  Even though the itching is coming from the inside...I have used the super menthol lotions that seem to cool the spots down a bit---OH...and I'm NOT pregnant either...I thought the itching only hit me when I was pregnant!  Anyone aware of MEN getting this itching?  Thinking maybe it's just the female hormones!!  Good luck to you all :)
Years ago,  I used to get areas on my hands that would get red, itchy, swollen and have raised very small clear blister like bumps. I've always put hydrocortizone cream or something like that on it. They would go away in a day or so.
In the past year, I have had this again about three times. I have connected it to very stressful issues in my life. I have always lived a hectic lifestyle but situations outside my control have made this year tough. Well the spots on hands popped up again. I had almost forgotten that I got them.
I believe this is some type of virus, similar to cold sores that are brought on by stress.
Hello Swemerica,

Your comment hits home as I have liver toxicity and taking natural supplements to detox. Today is the first day I feel the feet and hand itchiness and was wondering if you ever found the real cause of that itchiness.

Thank you in advance for your reply
I agree about the liver and there is a post much further up which mentions liver.  My itching feet started a few days after I began taking a pill for detoxing, called Artichoke Leaf Extract as someone suggested a painful back might be a liver problem.  The pill promotes bile.  I stopped taking the pills and the worst itching went.  The itching is much less but still there occasionally, although not at night.   I'm going to try a bland diet for 2 weeks as I could be (must be!) overloaded with either or all of dairy, (I don't eat wheat)  alcohol, general gunk.  I eat plenty of salads and hardly any processed foods but I have milky coffee, sugar, booze not excessively but continuously.  It could be a combination.  The Raw Food diet seems to cure a lot but such a mission to make when we are all so busy. Good luck everyone - if we keep pooling our results we must make some headway.
Can I ask what the acne medication was that you were on?  I've been experiencing this for a few months, and I did recently start a new acne medication.  I don't remember if the itching started when I began taking the new medication, but it could be.  
I just started experiencing the intense itching pretty much everywhere but mostly the palms of my hands and heels of my feet. Intense burning sensations also I figured because of the crazy scratching. Yes its most sever at night when I'm laying down and trying to fall asleep.
I had full open surgery like 12 days ago now. Gull bladder removal. It was slightly enlarged and hard. Pretty sick. So I'm going to assume it may have to do with my liver. My urine has been really dark the past few days also. I took a blood test day before yesterday. I haven't personally gotten any results yet. Curious why my liver would be acting up now and not the day of the surgery.