Non-pregnancy lactation
What conditions would cause a woman to lactate if she were not pregnant?  The amount that comes out is less than an eight of a cup and has been happening for over a year.  There have been no changes to menstrual cycle or health in general.  Thank you.
Is this after you had and nursed a baby, or have you never done that?  Once a woman has nursed, I hear she can keep at it (this is what wet-nurses used to do for a living) if there is stimulation, for a long, long time.
Pituitary problems can also cause this.  Google galactorrhea.
If it is spontaneous lactation (no stimulation) than you should see a doctor to be sure there is no underlying problem.

Take care
Can a birth control like yaz cause this? I stopped yaz almost a month ago and totally freaked out when tiny drops of clear milk came out.
My daughter is a year-and-a-half, and she was breast fed for the first year. I haven't been producing any milk at all for almost 6 months. (stoppped pretty much immediately) I just started working a couple of weeks ago as a nanny for a 9-week-old little girl who drinks breast milk from the bottle, and this entire time, I've been having intense pain in my breasts. Today, I woke up with a soaking wet shirt..and am producing a LOT of milk. WHY IS THIS!? Please help.
I am so glad I finally googled this. I have been told by 3 diferent doctors that I was just sweating and that there was absolutely no possible way that I was lactating. Even though I told them I witnessed the milky discharge coming from my breasts myself, I was still told that I was most likely sweating and was mistaken about the color.