Women's Health Community
Non-pregnancy lactation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Non-pregnancy lactation

What conditions would cause a woman to lactate if she were not pregnant?  The amount that comes out is less than an eight of a cup and has been happening for over a year.  There have been no changes to menstrual cycle or health in general.  Thank you.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Is this after you had and nursed a baby, or have you never done that?  Once a woman has nursed, I hear she can keep at it (this is what wet-nurses used to do for a living) if there is stimulation, for a long, long time.
Blank
Pituitary problems can also cause this.  Google galactorrhea.
Blank
If it is spontaneous lactation (no stimulation) than you should see a doctor to be sure there is no underlying problem.

Take care
Blank
Can a birth control like yaz cause this? I stopped yaz almost a month ago and totally freaked out when tiny drops of clear milk came out.
Blank
My daughter is a year-and-a-half, and she was breast fed for the first year. I haven't been producing any milk at all for almost 6 months. (stoppped pretty much immediately) I just started working a couple of weeks ago as a nanny for a 9-week-old little girl who drinks breast milk from the bottle, and this entire time, I've been having intense pain in my breasts. Today, I woke up with a soaking wet shirt..and am producing a LOT of milk. WHY IS THIS!? Please help.
Blank
I am so glad I finally googled this. I have been told by 3 diferent doctors that I was just sweating and that there was absolutely no possible way that I was lactating. Even though I told them I witnessed the milky discharge coming from my breasts myself, I was still told that I was most likely sweating and was mistaken about the color.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank