Not Pregnant, no period in 4 months.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Not Pregnant, no period in 4 months.

I'm 22 years old, and i am sexually active with my boyfriend of a year. we do have unprotected sex and he pulls out every time. which i know is not smart. iv had irregular periods my whole life. i normally go without them for about two months at a time if i do miss them. but i have not had my period for i wanna say 4 months. i took a test and it cam out negative. i don't have any signs really. i have had heart burn like crazy tho if that helps and i feel bloated in the lower part of my belly like i am going to have a period but then i don't and its not going away. i don't have the money to go to a doctor so i was hoping someone had advice or any kind of idea as to what it could be.
Hi there.  Well, with a history of delayed periods or long cycles, then there is a good possibility you aren't pregnant.  Especially with a negative pregnancy test.  Those home tests are pretty accurate.  Now HCG does drop if you are farther along in pregnancy but I would suspect you'd still get a full positive result if you were indeed pregnant.  I'd say you probably aren't.  Holy heck . . .   if you are and can't afford a doctor's visit, what would you do?  Yikes.

Anyway, do NOT ever do the pull and pray method.  That is really risky.  And especially because you have irregular periods.  You never know when you are going to ovulate.  Very much a bad idea.

Now, do they have a Planned Parenthood near you?  These are excellent for young women of low income.  You could get a pregnancy test and if it is negative, you could get on the pill there.  The cost is minimal if at all.  And you will then be able to perhaps regulate your period and be safe from pregnancy both.  good luck
good to know. i don't know if we have one around but ill look it up and if we do ill try to go just to be sure. and yeah the pull and pray thing is a very bad idea....but we both hate condoms. i guess being on the pill at least would help but i heard that the pill can screw you up and make it hard to have kids when you do want them. but i appreciate you replying to my post and i will go get checked out thank you very much. ^_^