Novasure risk & complications

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Novasure risk & complications

How long has their been know cases of thermal burning of the colon from the Novasure Procedure.  I had one done and was not advised of these risks.  I checked the Novasure web site at the time.....nothing about this condition.  Needless to say, I had the Novasure procedure done and I ended up with 3 holes in my colon and had to have 4 inches resected.  I was septic by the time we caught it and I almost died.  I want to know HOW common this is.  I can't find any other cases of this?
I had the Novasure procedure in jan 2010. I was told that all went well and i went home 2 hours after the procedure.  I suffered from cramping and slight bleeding and all seemed well.  the next evening i did not feel well so i went to bed.  about an hour later my husband checked on me to find me shivering with a really high temperature.  i ended up being rushed into hospital that same night and doctors diagnosed me with streptococcal septicemia.  I was put in to icu and was very poory. after having really strong iv antibiotics i was getting worse so i had to have a ct scan. on this they noticed that my womb had been damaged by the procedure and also my bowel.  i ended up having an emergency bowel repair and also a full hysterectomy,  I have finally recovered but i am still waiting for answers from my surgeon.  She did say that she thinks its because i had a c section and it caused an area of my womb to be thin and it was not noticed.  
i had this procedure  done 2 weeks and 1 day ago and have been having complications. Are there any more people currently having problems? Most of the stories are old that I find.
I had the procedure 5 years ago. Apparently blood had been collecting in my uterus since that time and it finally had no place to go. I had emergency surgery last week to drain the blood. May have to have hysterectomy.
it has now been 22 days since i had novasure and hysteroscopy with biopsy. i feel like i have been through hell and no one has cared. the day of the surgery i awoke to severe pain in my left side. after way too much pain meds i told the nurse not to give me any more, it obviously wasnt working and i went home. that pain went on for about 6 hours before finally letting up. still i hurt in my left side but not as severe. a few days after i had difficulty breathing so i went to the er. everything was normal except for overexpansion of my lungs. i then developed pain in my back in which i could only describe as "kidney stone" pain i had experienced 6 years earlier. i call my ob and was advised to push liquids throughout the weekend. i did and had no releif called them on monday, they were closed, called on tuesday and was only brought in for u/a which did show infection but no blood so i suppose they thought i must have been exagerating about the pain and didnt feel a need to check me further. by friday i was back in and finally got to see the doc which figured out i had a "rare" infection in my uterus which probably infeted my kidneys and bowels. i was started on antibiotics and pain meds. i continued to have pain and difficulty breathing which comes on and off and to explain it feels like i am 9 mos preggo and the baby is pushing on my lungs. i have also developed a tugging sensation in my left leg. i went back to the er one night worried i may have a clot in my leg or something. the doc there was extremely rude and said since my ct was clear of clots and blood work was good last time it was a slim to none chance i had a clot. he said i guess we can do an ultrasound "because i have a feeling you will not be satisfied until we do something". after telling him what i thought about his attitude i left and waited it out. i already had a scheduled appt with my reg dr last fri so i figured i would talk to him. i have also called my ob since i last saw him and it seems none of my symptoms are "normal", one dr on call told me she felt i was having anxiety. well, of course i am having anxiety. i have been bleeding since the surgery and having clear liguid and even still some greenish discharge as well. i feel like my stomach swells causing it to be hard to breathe and then i leak ALOT of water and i have some releif. at one point i even felt as though my water had broken. it keeps happening but with less fluid. so when i went to my reg dr, he of course doesnt know too much about the procedure. considering i was on my 16th day of having a low grade fever and still having pain, he changed my antibiotics and ordered blood work and a ct of my abdomen and pelvis which was today. i really hope he is able to figure out something for me and will be calling tomorrow. i just want to feel somewhat normal again!
I had the Novasure procedure done almost four years ago and shortly after was diagnosed with Ic, Intercytial Cystitis which is painful bladder condition, wonendering if this was brought on by my bladder being microwaved along with my uterine linging being that the bladder and uterus are so close. Has anyone else had bladder isses because of this
***@****
Has anyone  been diagnosed with POTS syndrome after having the NovaSure procedure done?
Yes, I have been diagnosed with IC and I've questioned the side effects of the Novasure and was told it was unrelated.  I found that hard to believe.  I had the procedure done in 2007.  My bladder is out of control.  I also have other complications within my digestive system.  I've never had no health issues.  I am during more research.  It is another patient that goes to the same therapists for bladder therapy who also has the same problem after the novosure.  Hopefully we can get some answers and results.  My email is ***@****