Novasure

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Novasure

I just went in to have an ablation done (Novasure).  After and hr and 1/2 in the OR they tell me it can't be done because my uterus is too narrow.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Does anyone know of any other options that can be done?

Thank you!
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Indeed, one of the contraindications for novasure is patient with a uterine cavity length less than 4 cm and a uterine cavity width of less than 2.5 cm because the size can result in thermal injury to the endocervical canal.  Other contraindications include pregnancy or plans to become pregnant in the future, presence of malignancy, infection, IUD in place, anatomic condition (e.g., history of previous classical cesarean section or transmural myomectomy) or pathologic condition (e.g., long-term medical therapy) that could lead to weakening of the myometrium.  (ref: http://www.novasure.com/hcp/about-novasure/indications-contradictions.cfm) It is best that you discuss this with your doctor for proper management. Take care an do keep us posted.
KTowne So I guess we will not be g... Comment
AnnieBrooke busy, busy, busy Comment
AnnieBrooke commented on Cindy's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals