Numbness and tingling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Numbness and tingling

For about 6 months now, I have been experiencing numbness, tingling sensation,  in my left hand, arm mostly, but it also has traveled down the entire left side of my body as well as heaviness, on chest and left arm and legs. I am a 41 yr old healthy female.  Now my entire left side has tingling, including the left side of my face, my left arm, leg and foot. It only happens on the LEFT side. I also started having headaches on my left side sharp stabbing pains.  No matter if I'm walking or laying down, active or inactive it just feels like my legs are going to give out on me, it feels really weired. I m also getting dizzy. I went the hospital they ran some blood test done the only thing they said was that my calcuim was high.They did a ekg  and said that they did not think it was my heart. Since then I had the following done CT scan, an MRI, Nucler stress test and parathyroid scan,EEG and several  blood tests, and all came back negative except for my calcuim was a little high and my pth levels. My doctors is at a stump and I need to no what's going on with me.   Sometimes I will be fine and then it will just come on slowly and last for a few hours and then fade away. This happens daily if not every other day. I just hope that it's nothing serious like my heart and that they missed it.
If anyone has had similar symptoms or has been diagnosed with something, PLEASE let me know what you think. I cannot keep going on without getting any answers. There has to be an explaination out there somewhere! Thank you so much for your comments.
hi kokies

im 22yrs old and for the last 7-9 months i have been experiencing the same symptoms you have described on the above although i have had earlier problems with my chest (which never was found out what was causing this either) ive had many blood tests , Ecg's and other tests run but all come back saying im a healthy young person the doctors i have spoken to all come back with the same answer saying its most likely anxiety or stress causing the problems as it works in many weird and wonderfull ways. i would like to think this but will keep on going back untill a answer is found as it seems there are many people suffering from this discompfort and yet no answers have been found.. Hopefully you will get the answer you seek soon
My Friend has been ill for 5 months now, after suddenly collapsing,Her right side goes numb/like paralised  but eventually gets the feel back. She has since been in and out of hospitals, and having another 2 collapses- each one getting worse and being numb for longer. Inbetween she has not felt well, getting alot of numbess, tingling/pins and needles sentations,extreme weakness,Lots of Pressure in head, also cracking and popping in her head and nausea, and always feeling like she is going to collapse if she does the slightest bit too much.She was very very fit and healthy before this. She has Had lots of tests done, and all coming back normal. Does any body have any ideas as to what could be wrong, as the doctors just dont seem to know?? Any help Would Be appreciated! Thank u
i googled this bc i am laying down now and experiencing tingling/numbness on my entire left upperbody, side of my face, chest arm and hand. its been happening for like 6 months or so. just recently i started to feel total numbness in my arm at times and its scary. im 22 n female and i cant imagine my heart being the problem although i have no clue wat else it cud be, stroke? i have a brain issue but ive had it checked and nothings seemed to change. i had a baby 2 years ago and when i was pregnant i would often have tingling in my arms but thats normal, since then i feel like i havent been the same. did u ever get diagnosed?
I have been experiencing these exact same symptoms for over a year. It started with just my left eye twitching...then pins and needles on the left side of my face, then down my left arm....for the last 12 days I have had pins and needles down my entire left side all the way to my toes! I have had tons and tons of tests that are all normal.  I had a thyroid ultrasound that showed I had an enlarged thyroid with nodules, which led to a thyroid biopsy (Again, normal).  This is beyond frustrating and I feel terrible when it is occurring.  I feel like I am doing my family such a disservice, as I am not a great mom/wife when feeling this crummy!.  I am a 36 yr old female. Was healthy up until a year ago when this started.
Have you gotten a diagnosis? Your description fits me to a T but mines all on my right side. Started with my eye feeling numbness then moved down my face, then my arm and fingers followed by my leg and now my big toe goes numb when I walk.   It's been going on for 2 months. Sometimes my hearing even goes in the right ear. I have had Mri's, which found some bone spurs and a few herniated disks but nothing else. All
My blood work has been perfect. drs say its stress.  I'm having a hard time believing that. :-)