Numbness in Leg during and after Periods? Help Please?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Okay so for the last couple of months maybe longer I have been having this weird numbness/tenderness in my left leg in the back of my thigh, sometimes it will be the right but mainly on the left. Now I originally thought it had to do something with the nuva ring (birth control) cause thats when I first started to notice it but  then I thought that it could be from sex, cause after I get off of my periods I have sex with my husband and I thought maybe I pulled a muscle. I honestly don't know what it could be....it's like a numbness feeling that is very tender to the touch,,,it's not warm or red just very tender to touch the skin. Today though I noticed something different the pain came during my period and it moved higher up on my thigh and to the left side of my vigina (vagina),,,, weird....I just wanted to see if anybody had the same thing or could have any answers for me, just hope it;s not a blood clot.
I wish I could help you but I have no clue about blood clots. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Good Luck
I believe blood clots in the legs are very painful. I know that the doctors once thought I might have had one after an accident I was in. But the reason they thought that was because I was in such severe pain that I was litterly crying in the office {I don't usually cry because of pain}.
But just becuase blood clots can be very dangerous and even deadly I would advise you to talk to a doctor about it. I am most interested in the numbness. I have a problem where the left side of my vagina goes completely numb. Out of nowhere. I have never had in anywhere else except maybe the crease of my leg that is attached to the vaginal area. If you find out anything please let me know and I will do the same for you.
Good Luck.
Thanks for the comments, does your numbness happen durring or after your period?
The numbness happens anytime. I only have my period 4-5 times a year.
Avatar n tn
I wanted to tell you that I have the same problems.  I have had it for a little over 7 years now while I was pregnant with my daughter.  No doctor was able to diagnosis it and I have been to soooo many drs.  In 2 weeks I am going to have a laparoscopy done because they think that it might be Ovarian cysts that have caused scar tissue on my ovaries.   Most of the time the pain comes the more I walk or if I lay on it the wrong way.    I hope this helps you a little.
Essential Nutritional Needs for Any...
2 hrs ago by gymdandee
Recent study published in the jour...
2 hrs ago by gymdandee
16allycat16 added the Mood Tracker
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals