Numbness in both hands, legs and feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Numbness in both hands, legs and feet

I have been having numbness and tingling in both arms, both feet and legs (left leg more than right)  I was diagnosed with Periphial Neuropathy.  I feel really didn't do much to acheive this diagnosis, in my opinion.  They did a couple of simple tests, a full on blood test and that's it.  Now I accepted it at first but now I notice that when I bend my neck I can feel it in my thighs so I'm wondering if it's a pinched nerve.  The Dr.s also thought it was strange that it was all over like this.  I think I will try a chiropractor.  Anyone else have symptoms like this or any suggestions?  I don't get migraines, dizziness and I'm not a diabetic.
My coworker had a herniated disc which caused her all sorts of problems in her extremities.  Have they done any Xrays or MRI's?  Perhaps a second opinion would be a good idea - especially before going to a chiropractor.  

Dont get me wrong - I'm a huge fan of chiropractors - theres no better feeling than having my back "crunched' into place... but on the off chance that there is something more than a pinched nerve wrong, I think i would be careful.

Hope you are able to enjoy the weekend!

g

Thanks but let me ask you a question...how do you know if you have a herniated Disc?  And, no, they didn't do any xrays or MRI
The only way that she was diagnosed was by having a MRI which showed the problem.  Her Dr had originally tried to treat her thinking that she had a pinched nerves in her shoulders so she was given some anti-inflammatories.  In the meantime she had been referred to a specialist (a neurologist) who diagnosed her condition with the MRI.  The specialist said that he wanted to monitor her condition for a bit, and thankfully she healed on her own, so no surgery was necessary.  My coworker is 100% better now.

Was your Dr able to offer you any help for your condition like drugs or any sort of therapy, or have you been left on your own?  Did something show up in the bloodwork?  On what did the Dr base his diagnosis?  I did a brief online search of peripheral neuropathy and it seems that it is not diagnosed by blood tests but by other methods such as MRI.  I think I would be heading to another Dr to get second opinion or asking for a referral to a neurologist.  

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/peripheralneuropathy/detail_peripheralneuropathy.htm#115903208

Here is a website that provides info on your condition.  Maybe this will provide you with a bit of info.  

I sure hope i've been helpful.  

g