Nuva Ring

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Nuva Ring

Ok I started th nuva ring the first day of my period. Now I have not taken any form of birth control in 7 years. I stopped my normal period on time. But for the last 2 weeks...I have 5 days till I take it out....I have been bleeding. Nothing heavy at all. Sometimes just barely. Is this normal for the first month or is it because I never took anything before this.Hope someone can help
The first month I was on the nuva ring I had break through bleeding a few days before my period.  After the first month I never had it again.
But I have had it since the first day I put it in.....none stop....Not heavy at all..Is it normal to bleed for three weeks straight the first time on the ring.
I am experiencing the exact same thing. I startde on my 1st day of LMP (May 2nd) and since then have been having brown discharge everyday....not a lot but spotting...the past 2 days it's been heavy, but still brown.
Ya todya I have had some heavy bleeding......what is the deal? I am just wondering the next time I stick it in is it going to do the same thing. I take mine out Monday....so I will see....Has anyone else had this problem and did it stop?
Since I'm not a doctor I can't tell you for certain if this is normal.  But my doctor told me that when I started taking my birth control that I may have spotting for the first month.  So I would say you had nothing to worry about, but I would still contact the doctor if I were you.

Just as a warning about using Nuva Ring.  I had a friend who switched her birth control to nuva ring and after two months of being on it, she formed a blood clot on her brain, which the doctors found to be due to the nuve ring.  She's fine now, but that was over two years ago and she has to go to the doctors office every 6 months to check it.  It's going down, but still not completely.
i went to the drs this morning and got a nuva ring bcuz i cant take the bc pill cuz i had an allergic reaction and so if my bf and i decided to have another baby i can jus not use it..
however my delima is this... i started and im unsure if im suppose to to it in now or wait till sunday after i stop? can someone plz help me ty
Your supposed to put the nuvaring in on the last day of your period. That's usually day 5 of your cycle. HTH.
I've been on Nuvaring for 3 months and I'm switching back to the pill. It makes me so emotional I cry for no reason at all and then I'll be fine a few minutes later and then I'll cry more and when I was on the pill I was fine I didn't gain weight and I wasn't emotional. The pill the patch and the nuvaring has regulated my period but the pill is my favorite.
KTowne commented on Des92's status
1 hr ago
Steff1845 commented on My Nutcracker Syndrom...
Misoitani is .. Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals