NuvaRing During Intercourse
Hey ladies! I just started using the NuvaRing and (sorry if too much info) had intercourse for the first time last night. I left the ring in b/c my doctor told me it was ok. It hurt. Has anyone else had this problem? I could definately feel it and it even put like a blister on my husband! He is afraid to even touch me now if I still have it in. Help!
tmv
I don't have any experience with the nuvaring, but is it possible that it may not have been properly placed? Or moved out of place?  It shouldn't have caused those problems, many women have preferred it.
It must not be in right.  I used the NuvaRing before I got pregnant with this baby and I could never feel it, not even during sex.  My bf never felt it either.  Check with your doctor because that's not normal.
Mine did occasionally cause some discomfort during sex, mostly when it would get pulled in and out during. It wasn't an allergy thing, it was just the plastic rubbing on my tender bits!

If it hurts you during sex, take it out and put it back when you're done. That's listed in the prescribing info. Just make sure it goes back in and you're fine.
I used the Nuva Ring for a little over 2 years and we never felt it. You aren't supposed to take it out during intercourse, it's supposed to stay in there.  It's not supposed to hurt either, you shouldn't even feel it in there. Maybe you are allergic to it, causing some swelling, or it's not put in right. I would suggest taking it out, rinsing it with luke warm water and then reinserting it. Good luck! If it still hurts after that, I would consult your doctor or the nurse to see if they suggest a different method all together.
I've stopped using Nuvaring because it kept hurting me and getting pulled out during intercourse.  I think it was because my partner was so large and Nuvaring is designed for the average male penis.  I went back to pills, no big deal for me.
I know my comment is a couple years late, but I hope it helps someone. I'm a 3rd year med student doing my ob/gyn rotation right now. I can imagine the nuvaring hurting for some people and not others. Body types (including vagina and penis shapes) vary drastically between people. But from what I've read, I judge it's perfectly fine to take out during sex, so long as you place back in under 3 hours, otherwise you'll have to use another form of birth control for 7 days after replacing the ring.
I just started using the nuvaring and I havnt had intercorse yetand now that I have read some comment I don't know what to do should I keep it in so it won't hurt or should I take it out then put it back in right away iam very confused on this issue please some one help me lol
I've been using the NuvaRing for about 2 months now and I've definitely noticed some changes.  I don't notice the NuvaRing during sex but the next day it seems that I swell up and feel very sore on the inside.  My BF and I have tried to have sex the morning after having sex and we just can't.  I get really swollen and even feels blocked upon penetration.  I've been trying to find others with the same issue.
My wife used NuvaRing for our primary contraception for years, and I have to say I just hated it the whole time.  There was seldom a time when it could not be felt by me during intercourse, and it was properly inserted.  It was just too irritating... a major distraction in our intimacy, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for that reason, despite some of the advantages it has.  Of course, I'm writing as a husband... but I know that it discouraged me from trying intercourse sometimes, and was the source of many arguments.  I guess that's a contraceptive effect in itself, if the couple never has intercourse. :)
You can take it out temporarily for intercourse. Just don't leave it out for more than a couple hours.

I sometimes take mine out when we have sex. Sometimes I don't feel it, sometimes I do. When I do, I take it out. I just leave it on the bathroom counter in the package while we do it and then rinse it and pop it back in afterward.
I used the NuvaRing for over a year and had almost no issues when it came to intimacy (it did come out a handful of times). If it is causing discomfort, talk with your doctor. As mentioned above, either/both of you could be sensitive to it, or it could be the shape of your bodies.