OVULATING?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

OVULATING?????

I was on the pill for about 8 years. I swtiched brands one month before we decided to get pregnant (if this matters). My last period on the pill started on the 28th of November. I finished my pack and didn't start a new one. The last pill (sugar pill) was on the 1st of December, making my last active pill the 25th of November. On the pill I always had 29 day cycles, but I  know that I might not have that off the pill. I was young when I went on the pill and before I did I never kept track of my cycles.
I got my first period after quitting the pill on the 24th of December making it a 26 day cycle.
Since I got my period does that mean that I have ovulated and things should be normal from here on in?
This is my first time ttc so any info that I can get is greatly appreciated. I will be making a DR appointment after the holidays but I always like info from people that have actually been through the experience.
Thanks for any info in advance!