One Labia Minora Bigger Than Other

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

One Labia Minora Bigger Than Other

One of the labia minora lips is bigger than the other, it has extra skin and is very dark in colour, and has no feeling. Now the problem is that it sticks out and I'm very uncomfortable with it. It makes me feel akward and abnormal. When I get my period sometime its hard to get the tampon in because it gets in the way and sometimes folds over so I can't get a tampon in and it hurts. Does this happen a lot, and how does it happen? Is there a surgery I can get for this, and should I?
We are all made a bit different in all departments. I don't know about the discoloration and numbness.  Have you had children, because a hard labor can sometimes cause this?  Anyhow, it is a rather costly procedure that I don't think insurances will cover as it is cosmetic.  Here's a website with a lot of details for you:
   www.labiaplastysurgeon.com/labiaplasty.html
I read that only in very few cases insurance companies may pay part of this if the psychological trauma is overbearing. But I also read there is always the risk of losing sensitivity in the surrounding area after surgery. Most importantly, though: it is very common and in previous years most men could not care less. This is one area where an average porn magazine can come in handy because you get a better understanding of "normal anatomy" without being a gynecologist. Sorry to be outspoken but it is one way to shake off doubts of self and save the cost and torture of surgery.
I have had the same problem!
It's very embarrasing and horrible to look at.
And I am 15 years old... HELP PLEASE!
im am only 12 years old and i have that probleme (one labia minora bigger than the other)  i was worried at first because i was afraid that it would affect my health? (does it) i thought i would look it up before i talk to somone like my mom should i tell someone or is not that serious that i should keep it to myself? and TMV what did you mean when you said you dident now about the numbness or discoluration because mine is numb and a diffrent colur to does that mean this might be somthing more or somthing diffrent??? please tell me!
I am a RN and have seen hundreds of penises and vagina/vulvas.  I can say that for the most part most all external genitalia have a variety of colors, sizes.  Just as it is very normal for women to have one breast that is larger than another, it is true for labia as well.  Unless one side is a good deal larger than the other I don't think you all have any thing to worry about and even if it is, then it is probably just a psychological/cosmetic deal.  It is not unusual for the outer edge of the labia to be a darker color.  This is true for penises as well, in that there are variations of color, size and even the way the penis hangs, some curve in a direction.  

In the past no one thought much about this, but now that everyone's genitals seem to be everyone's business, has this become an issue.  There is no 'perfect' anything on anyone's body.  God knows what He's created and it is all just fine.  

If you still worry, go see a gyn or your family doc.  Also there are different levels of sensitivity in and around the vagina/vulva.  

Personally I think our culture has lost its mind.  Focusing on what is so called 'sexy', the correct ' size' of bodies and every organ, what is 'beautiful', etc... The point of life is to live and love.  It is not to be a 'perfect' object that is something to be observed and judged as we move through life.  Girls, reclaim your life, femininity and dignitity, find what you love and make it yours.  Don't spend your time worrying about who will or won't find you to be perfect.  Be and own your unique beauty, and let men find and pursue you.  You and all of who you are is your POWER, this is what the source of beauty is.  

Relax, breathe and laugh at MSM.  You are God's beloved daughters.  Now behave like it.   xxxxx

TabacBlond
I also have the same problem, my right Labia is bigger than the left!
I am 15 nearly 16 and i am very embaressed about it, i almost feel abnormal! Im too embaressed to go to the doctor or tell my mum and i just dont no what to do as i feel i cant turn to anyone. I really want surgery to put it right!!!
Please help me :(
x
i have the same thing and i am 15 too and very depressed about it i ignore getting a boyfriend becuz of that and i really want surgery on it i dont care if yall say its normal cuz it aint and i think my mom thinks if i get surgery on it then im goin to have sex with boys but im not
i too have the same problem & i'm 15
my left is bigger than my right
i dont want surgery though, how else could i make it shrink?
i have the same problem with my left one its really uncomfortable and i hate it it never used to be like that i dont know what happened but i want it to shrink back
im happy im not the only person who has it but i want to know why didnt i have it when i was younger but now i do have it and theres no one else in my family that has that where did i get it from?????? dont most girls have there first time when there in high school im missing out on that i dont want to be a virgin for the rest of my life. Am i too young to get surgery for it is there any doctors that can cut that off in buffalo new york and how much would it be. Ive been depressed my whole life when i was younger i was depressed and jealous that my father left me and my siter always had her father so i tryed to kill my self i think i was only 7 years old and i had to goto a therapist beacuse of that. Then  getting to middle school i got acne and use many things to try to make it go away and got talked about it everyday didnt have alot of friends becuz of that so i went back to my old skool. Im in high school now my face got better but anytime i have one of them days were i just want to cry my face gets worser and now im depressed about my labia being longer then the other one. And i took it in everyday becuase boy like to touch me in school. Im not thinking about killing myself but im depressed to the point were i just want to die and be at a place were ill be happy.
O and i wish that someone like oprah or anybody else that does tv shows should talk about this so boys could know about it and i think mothers should talk about that to there son so they can know about it im trying to email tyra banks but its not working
omg.. i thought i was the only one too am 18. i was scared that its not normal.. my right one is bigger than the left its kinda numb, during sex i dont get wet normally unless we use a durex or wateva.. is dat normal.. plz help...
Yeh this is so good not knowing i am the only one. my right one is bigger and darker and feels almost like rubber :) Im 16 and i'm sure that mine has been this way since things first started changing down there. Its not abnormal so you dont need to worry. Every is different and the media portray women to have perfect symmetrical bodies, when in fact, we really dont. Boobs can be bigger than the other. One foot is usually slightly bigger than the other. We have freckles or beauty mark. Thats just human. So you guys need to stop worrying because there is no right or wrong when it comes to the human bdoy. Everybody is beautiful.
And plus, if you are still a teenager, the chances are that the other labia will grow and be the same size as the other, or the big one could shrink again. Teenagers are still developing, so dont fret.
Be happy with who you are and remember that real beauy lies in our hearts
oMG!! i am so hapy to know i'm not along.  i'm only 16 and like my left is bigger them my right and it begins to get darker and at the tip it's dark brown unlike the rest of the ***** which is pink!! now when i'm with my boyfriend and me and him are about to get at it i have to lay off cause i'm afraid he's gonna think i have some kind of disease this kills me!! and it hangs down and it looks so hidious because i don't know about you guys but it's wrinkled!! ;(((( HELP ME I WANT TO HAVE SEX AGAIN!!
I have the same problem and it is perfectly normal. I had my doctor look at it at one point an she said it is normal and nothing to worry about. It doesn't cause any health problems or sexual problems. If you are oncern what your partner thinks of it, from my personal experience they don't care. My bf actually think its cute. And im sure your mother already knows about it since she changed your diapers.

There is corrective sergury but I heard you can lose feeling and sensation after. So you either choose for it to look good or feel good... I never thought of getting surgery even though I use to be self concious about it becuase it never caused me any problems.
its really nasty and im scared that it might b something really serious and im just 14 and i had it since i was like 12 i dont remember! dose it have to do anything with being sexually active at that age
omigooodddd!!! im fifteen as well and one labia is larger than the other and the edge is a dark purple color, is this a concern to my health?!
Im 13, just turned it, ijust started my period and i just started noticeing that my one side of my  inner vagina is bigger then the other side, and its a dark purple, and its not numb, but its really ockward. is it normal ?
hahaha , i'm 13 , i've had this problem for like more than a year i think . but it's really embarrassing && SO uncomfortable . i can feel it stick out when i'm walking or something O.o can you say embarrassing .! soo like i try to fix it .? haha , is that normal , to like tuck it in? O.o because it's really weird && gahh this is so uncomfortable . i play a lot of sports && i'm always on the move so i hate this problemmm .! i don't think any of my friends have it , i only told 1 person && she's my bestfriend . i've never showed anyone ... i don't wanna tell my mom or sister or anythinggg . someone help .? is there a way to shrink it to normal .? because i'd love to be normal again .!
Ladies!
look  how  many  of you are  experiencing  the  exact  same  thing, you  are  all  perfectly  normal, I  remember  when i  was  younger  (im only 19)  and  i   thought  i  was  abnormal because  my  labia  minora   hung outside my  labia  majora,  then i  realized that   just like  our  facial  features  are  different  people's  bodies are all   different. Don't worry  be comfortable with yourself  trust me  it is  less important  than you think it is...
and if  ever  you   are  worried you arent  normal  remember  how  many  other  girls  are thinking  the same thing
my left Labia minora is bigger than the other and it DOES have feeling. and i think i get weet a lot more than most people. it's the same color but just bigger annd idk wat do do. WATS WRONG WITH ME?!!!
I can't even remember how long ago I noticed that my right labia was bigger than my left I hate it and am embarrassed about it

the biggest thing I hate about it is that i will fold over everything sometimes and it can get uncomfortable, and it is in the back of my mind when I feel self conscious

Ive never been embarrassed about what a boy has thought of my vagina. Because, I don't know about boys, but I judge people on how they carry themselves, their personality, how they treat others etc. Not on their genitalia

And imagine how stupid a person would look if they tried to make fun of you for having one outer labia slightly larger than the other
Im 14 and both my labia are Large, dark in color, and wrinkly.
It's gross and embarrassing.
My left side is bigger than my right as well.
I get really self conscious about it.
I can hardly stand to let my boyfriend go down on me because I feel embarresed.
But he always tells me how beautiful and hot my body is to him.
So don't worry. I don't think guys care very much. If they are mature/old enough they know that everyone's bodies are different and normal girls aren't built and surgeried into perfect little porn stars.
I still would like to get surgery though because it does just annoy me sometimes and I don't like the feel of it.
One of my labia has been bigger than the other since I was a young girl.  It's mishapen too.  I've always felt embarassed by it and hate it.  It sometimes gets caught in the fold of my underwear and I feel like a guy cause I have to sometime "adjust".  I have to make sure to keep it out of the way when I use a tampon, as well.  I'm 44 now and still think about getting surgery, but I am used to it.  It doesn't cause any other problems.  No pain or discoloration.  It's just there and none of my GYN's ever commented on it so I guess it's not all that unusual.
I am 16 and my right labia minora is larger than the left and hangs out and when i look at it just looks odd. But tokillaromance was absolutely right! Look at all of us that have this. It can't be that abnormal if so many people have it. I have a boyfriend and I am still self conscience about it but what is normal anyway? I think we should forget about what society deems "right" and just appreciate our bodies. I sound hypocryctical because I am embarrassed about it but what if we all just weren't? I know its hard but if we can all be confident in ourselves about this issue maybe that would help other girls with this problem. I know I felt better after reading that having this was ok.
Don't be embarrassed!
p.s if a guy EVER says that it is weird just point out to him that his penis looks like a shrivelled alien with one eye. He's probably not the right one anyway.
I also have the same problem, and it is embarrasing, because there was this guy I liked at a party and we fell asleep beside eachother and he started to put his hand down there, but i pulled away because i was scared he would be grossed out by the fact that my left labia minora is bigger then my right. as bad as i wanted him to do it, i just couldnt. Therefore, I want to get something done, because life does go on, and i cant just keep pulling away. Currently I am madly in love with my best guy friend, and we have talked about sex and everything, everything is good with us, we've talked about everything. It easier said then done. I am to scared to have sex with not only him but any guy because of my labia problem. it a huge discomfort for me and a it brings down my self esteem alot :(

what can i do?
I am 23 years old and have had the same problem as all of you for many years.  Please listen to the other comments and understand that it is NORMAL and any good guy DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN about it.  My boyfriend loves it and I feel it helps increase sensation during sex.  Learn to love your body and find someone that will love it equally!  Stop freaking out over nothing.
Mines been bigger on the  right side, drooping down a bit, wrinkly and a little bit brown/purple to that side while the other one is normal colour and doesnt hang as low...im 18 now but when I was younger I was very self conscious about it and dealt with it by telling myself that once i was older, that surgery would make me beautiful...only later on did i realize that surgery is 1. expensive 2. risky 3. chance of complications and losing sensation in that area....and you know what...as i matured...i realized that it didnt matter that they werent equal, or the same colour.pr that sometimes i have to "adjust" my lips so they dont get caught in my underwear..but that i am beautiful...its our little flaws that set us apart and make us unique and appealing....I know have a wonderful boyfriend who adores my vagina :p and who cant get enough of it...and who thinks im beautiful all over...and you know what...if i ever told him about my inhibitions when i was younger, he'd probably be surprised and think its silly...guys do not care...they love women...period...
So I am 13 and my right labia minora is larger than the other and the other is PERFECT and it makes me so self concious. And I've never told anyone about it either cause Im embarrased! And Im deffinatly gonna wanna have kids and have a life when Im older but I think guys are gonna think its gross and what if he does? then what !? just run away naked and put clothes on the leave? ahah sounds ridiculous but seriously I dont know what to do. I want surgery so bad :''(
My left labia is bigger than the right,  not by ALOT but its noticable. I use to be self concious and embarrased but now that im older, im not AS self concious. I wish they were perfect, but really whos perfect? I have asked my gyno and lots of doctors about it, and its COMPLETELY normal, I learned from my gyno that the majority of women do NOT have completely even labias, some may not noticeable and some may. So there is no need to stress about it at all, its normal, it doesnt mean anything !! its just being NORMAL, and not perfect lol oh and about what guys think, DONT WORRY, the majority of men dont even notice !! NO LIE, out of the men i have been with not ONE guy noticed nor said anything about it ever nor treated me any different(all the men i have been with in my 21 years i was with for a long time) its not gross or anything its not like warts or anything its just one labia bigger than the other, even men have that same problem with there two !! and even if a man comments, he must be the most immature shallow man EVER but seriously trust me, MEN dont notice nor do they care!! :)  if you are having dumbness or swelling of the labia than i would go see a doctor but as for one bigger than the other, its just a normal natural thing, DONT waste time stressing, cause i know what its like to stress over it and its NOT worth it cause noone cares about that, its NORMAL !! :D
One side of my face is bigger than the other, and sometimes it also pain me a lot with mild numbness. Please help me find a solution because sometimes i felt so embarassed to look people in their face. Thank you.

Im 14 and only one of my labia is bigger than the other one and its really embarrasing and uncomfortable....but im afraid to tell someone?? and i think someone is ganna judge me in the future??
I'm only twelve years old and my left [[I'm guessing it's called a labia]] is bigger than the other. When i saw it I kinda tugged at it and saw how big it was when stretched out. Around 1 1/2 inches. I've read all these comments saying that if one is bigger than the other it's normal, but no one has specified the lengths!! Please respond I'm not sure  if it's "normal" or not! :(

PS if it helps I haven't had my period yet.
im 14 and i have the same thinng one of my labias are larger than the other i asked my mates if they had the same and most of them said yeah ,i was soo embarred so ask them but i felt too depressed and self consuce about it, i asked my mum if i was normal and she said yeah but i still felt like it werent and i was the only one at one point i wanted surgery but i searched it up on the internet and found out it is perfectally normal!! :L i feel soo much better talking too my bestfriends and mum about it , soo girls its all normal any size and any colour :Lxx
thought i would help out a bit by telling you all <3 xxx
oh goodness! i cant even explain how happy i am to know im not the only one with this little 'abnormality'! my left inner labia is MUCH bigger than my right (since my right labia is virtually nonexistent!), wrinkly (really old looking), and constantly is getting in the way! but Ive realized it IS indeed normal. and im only 15! so think how bad its gonna get later in life and after kids!
i still dont like the fact my pubic area is 'symmetrical' and im still self conscious of the fact. like if the sexual partner(LATER IN LIFE) will notice it and what he would think of it. but since im not sexually active i wont have to think of that little problem for some time.

so YES it is normal. NO its not going to change (unless with surgery...bleh)
and if anyone cares, remember! God created you this way and your guys junk isn't a pretty site to look at either!
so dont worry!
lots of love! <3
17 years old, and i only have one labia on one side of my vagina, the other has nothing. It is quite noticeable and i am having fears. Not only have i not been in a relationship, i am now at the point that if i ever am in one i wont be able to let them touch me because i think i am deformed. I have seen some postings about this where people say that the other side will catch up but i am not convinced.
Wow I feel so much better reading the comments, this discussion has been going on since 2007 and people are still commenting by the looks of it. I have a (what I would consider perfect) left one and a much larger sticking out right one and yes it does stretch so don't worry about length, it all sounds fine. Still think I may see a doctor though cos I never used to have it but thanks everyone :)
omg thank god im not the only person, I'm only 14 and the left side of my labia minora is much larger and stretchier than my other one, which is tiny! I was so worried that it could be bad for my health! Thanks to everyone whos posted, it was so reassuring!
<3
I'm 15 right? I'm 16 in like 2 months, and one of the... Labia? is that right? :| Is a lot bigger than the other, and my ex and I were planning on having sex (not now, but when I turned 16 and when we were dating) But I completely freaked out [not in front of him] And I really didn't want him to see it, and I started picking holes in everything and dumped him. But anyway, I'm still really paranoid about it and I'm scared to lose my virginity because he might tell people about it and stuff... I'm to embarrassed to tell anyone and I don't know who to go to. :(
I've talked to the gyno about it...he says it's so normal that 2 outta every 3 girls have it. It's more normal than what you "think" is normal. Ya it's weird looking and uncomfortable..but the bigger it is, the more pleasure you'll get from it....that's what he told me. So there's one pro to it. And if you are scared of what a guy will think...then you dont know him well enough to be having sex with him. I've been with a couple ppl and none of them have ever said or seemed to care. I know...its embarrasing...but more pleasure to ya lol
I'm 12 years old too but my labia is NOT a different color . is that normal too ??  PLEASE TELL MEE!!!
Thank you so much everyone for posting on this, I have been worrying for about a year over this and I never thought to look it up online; god, i love the internet for reasons like this. I feel SO reassured that it is completely normal and beautiful-- THANK YOU, EVERYONE!!!!
im realy scared im 11 my left is bigger than my right i dont no how to tell my mum or anythin :s
boys in my school wont be mature enuff tho :/
does it get better as you get older (i realy hope so)
awww :'3 i thought just me got this problem.actually i got this problem about 1 hour after i make love with my partner. my left labia minora become bigger than right labia minora and it surprise me a lot..T.T so i become panic and im searching if it thats problem or not..as far as i know...im searching and searching.. and i find out its Normal..=.= but i feel im not used to it..:( coz this is the first time..:( i hope its not affect my partner feel not cool at all.:( oh yeah im 19 this year....awww..:( but i feel glad there are many girls hv same problem wif me.:'3  
i thought this was bad.. but reading this has made me think its normal.. i didnt use to have it either and after i had sex.. and a good while later i thought it was something bad.. i think still seeing a doctor wud be much better. im only seventeen. and i feel embarrased about it.. my left is bigger than my rite.. and its wrinkly and its dark in colour.. im so scared i dont want to talk to my mom about it.. dont knw wat to do... but i feel abnormal.. aaah.. help..
i thought i was alone !! awe i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one. i was embarresed about it too, but my boyfriend does not seem to mind. well at least he has never said anything to me. anyways i don't like it regaurdless, and was wondering about sergery (surgery) too. but for when i am older. i'm still under 18 sooo... yeah untill then this helps ease the embaressment. :)
Oh no, i have this same problem.  I noticed it a while ago and thought it was normal? I was only like thirteen, how was I supposed to know! But after a few health class diagrams, I realized that what I had didn't look like that.  My left labia "lip" is almost double my right! I feel really self conscious and it's one of my biggest insecurities.  How common is this? What exactly causes this? I want to get it fixed, but should I? Someone please answer!
I hope by now all of you women have realized how beautiful you are.
Everyone is different. Your labia is the ONLY shape and size like yours, which is why you should love yourself how you naturally are.
Think of the women with small labia who will likely never enjoy the pleasures of having a larger one. I appreciate women with larger labia. They seem to look more mature and developed and all the more womanly.
Please realize that you are indeed normal, healthy, and, most of all, very beautiful!
Size variation in the Labia Minora is extremely normal.  I have worked in the Health Care Field for 7 years now and have bathed many men and women. I have seen many different sizes and colors of the Minora, ranging from light pink to dark brown and from not having a Labia Minora at all, to having one that hangs longer than the average penis, (seriously).  As far as the numbness goes, I am not sure what is considered "normal" for that.
I am also relieved that I'm not alone. There's so many people that posted on here! sweet. :P
Omg i am so happy im not the only one my friends were tlkin about "blue waffle" which is a very sick illness or whtever n i thought i had it and i was afriad of later on in life if it was goin to effect my sexual life. Im 12 close to 13 and ive worried about it ever since dec. when my period started... my question is will it ever get any smaller? My right is HUGE compared to my left "lip".. Im afriad my boyfriend who i very much love will be grossed out by it later on.. But hopefully not i mean if a guy cares about ur vigina (vagina) more then YOU then he is a complete LOSER! I have read every comment and it was very helpful im so happy there is the internet or else i would have been way to stressed out to ever even think about me and my bf doing tht later on.. :)) THANKS SO MUCH !!! :)) My worring is GONE YAAYYY!!!!
THANK YOU. I am 15 and a lot of my time is spent worried about my labia. I used to pull on one side in elementary school (for whatever reason only the one side) and now the right is small, but the left is twice as large and light brown on the tip. I think that the left taking up so much room has protected the right from any tugging. I may look into surgery when I am older, but only for comfort. Anyways, I will live with more confidence now knowing how many women this affects and will not get surgery for a "normal" vaginal image but only for personal comfort.
I have the same problem.. One side is alot longer & darker.. & some what itchy.. & it flops everywhere.. I have been with my boyfriend about 6 years & I never let him see me up close down there, im way too embarassed.. I dont know what to do, im scared to go to the doctor.. but I need to do something asap, its even hard to get my boyfriends penis inside sometimes because it flops in & gets in the way. Soneone plese tell me if this is normal or not.
I have had the same problem and was worried about it thinking that when I was younger it could have torn or stretched until I read in a girls magazine that it was perfectly normal. It said that many women experience this usually during puberty and it can go back to normal or not. Usually it is the right side of the inner part of the vagina and can be long enough that it can be seen past the outer part. There is no reason to have surgery unless there is a chance that there is an infection. This helped me to be more confident about myself and I hope it will help you too.
Im so happy im not the only girl dealing with this, ever since i was 13 i was scared about this . i've also had a surgury for my hymen Septate here recently , and my Dr. didnt say anything about my Labia . mine is long and purple and winkley , but im also 15 & sexually active & no guy has commented or anything on it . which is good. & same with guys that been down there... Akward but yeah dont worry about what you think people will say cause if you dont point it out to them they wont even pay attention. (:
- Sammie
I'm 14!! And have the same problem. I've thought about telling my mom but now that I know so many other people have it I don't think I will only because it's not really disabling me from doing anything. It might be ugly and make us feel uncomfortable, abnormal etc. But I'd rather live with it than spend all the money on fixing it just for looks you know what I mean? If there was any other way to shrink it also that'd be a big help. Thanks :)
Btw just saw someone else mention this in a comment to another question hope it helps :)

www.*********.com
I was so happy when I read this i strews crying. :) I always thought I was a freak an that I couldnt get married. It also really irratated me cause I'm Muslim and I cover up and everytime someone saw me with my hair or just changing they were like omg your so lucky your bodies perfect and it burned me inside because of this problem. Just have to say one more thing, girls if a boy is so immature to freak out about your vagina don't have sex with him.
Im happy to see that im not the only one. Im very self-conscience about my body as it is, and having one bigger labia then another really doesnt help. I feel alot better after reading everyones comments but.......
Did anyone actually get the surgery?
:'( pls help me too i am 15 almost 16 and one of my labia minora is bigger than the other and so my breast too i am really embarrassing to tell my doc and i want to keep it to myself. Idk what to do i really scare when i want to have sex but i can cuz im too embarrassing :'( so i don't have bf yet :/
i mean i can't cuz im too embarrassing
Everyone; trust me. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH YOU. I honestly thought i had some serious disease when I noticed it one day. So I finally got the courage to ask my best guy mate that is fully experienced with sexual things, in reply he said that guys honestly don't care about what it looks like. This might sound a bit cocky and innapropriate but this is the truth. Guys like girls that are different? Who cares?

Nobody is perfect in any way, I dare you to find someone that is perfect. Its utterly impossible. Everyone is original and are made differently, so don't think that something is 'wrong' with you. It makes me sad to think that so many girls are self conscious about their bodies, when truly you are all perfect in your own way. I'm sure that you have seen pictures of girls with perfect boobs, vagina's and *****; but in reality, most of those girls had to go through a lot of time and pain to reach that fake beauty?

So stop getting worried about your vagina being abnormal. It is fine trust me.
Stay beautiful girls.
<3
oh my god...i though it was weird because i have the same thing going on. i thought it was really abnormal and have been afraid of being with a guy and them being all oh my god...i've not been with a guy because of it but i had a girl and she didn't say anything about it. kinda like it was nonexistant. i feel so much better to know that i'm not 1 in 1000 girls to have the same scared feeling
hi im 12 nd i have that same prob. too and the right hangs down and the left is like up and it itches REALLYYY BADDD!!and i know fo sure i dont have any desiese of wat I now of
omg ladies there is nothing wrong with any of you and men will NOT care. i have this same thing going on since i was little and it has never got in the way of my life selfesteem or having a man (have 2 children). if you all are that worried you should ask your gyn. they will definitly tell you if its an issue. but please stop letting this get to you. i am 24 yrs old have noticed this since i was little and at first i thought it was weird but then i got over it and ive always been attractive to boys/ men and i have never had any complaints about anything on my body and i LOVE being on the RECIEVING end of oral sex. if a man says anything to hurt your feelings who cares hes probably the same guy who wont date a girl 12 pounds over weight or has A cup breast instead of Cs. THAT kind of guy doesnt matter. now believe me if you come across one who has never seen it before he will ask but not in a way to make you feel uncomfortable (ive even had some lets just say likes to play with it orally, i know TMI sorry) but the point is there is nothing physically wrong with you and it should in NO WAY affect your love life or self esteem
im 12 and i have same prob but now i know there is nothimg wrong with it. to be homest i think its a bit stupid worrying it as i dont think a guy would be than botherd as it still funtions in the same way relax its not the end of the world . its like having a thumb bigger than the other. dont worry
my gf has this too! just being curious how many of the girls on here with same problem has got a twin brother? as my gf has been speaking to others with the same thing and they all have a twin brother! it may be just coincidence but shes spoke to over 20 girls with it and all have a twin brother
Im 14 and im in love with a guy. My right one is bigger than my left. But my boyfriend loves it. We have sex a lot and i think it makes sex more sensational. I told him about my insecurities and he told me I was dumb for thinking that way. I use to not get wet, but now, WOW! haha. Well, you girls should not be worried about NONE of this, you are your own person. And guys love big vaginas. I know my boyfriend does it atleast ;)
i have the same problem and it is itchy and uncomfortable ALL the time! it is purple in color and makes me wince to look at it it is sooo nasty! PLEZ HELP! i am only 13 and i dont know what to do! It is super annoying1  
Holy crap! I thought I was alone on this! I just went to a doctor to see about getting surgery. I'm 21 and was so embarrassed to talk about it. I've never had sex or have had any guy put his hand down there because I'm so worried therevgoing to think my labia is deformed.

The doctor said he would not recommend me to get surgery and that my labia isn't symmetrical but thstvit is normal. That did make me feel better.

I just want to become sexually active and have fun I can't believe how much thus is holding me back!  Reading these posts make me feel that I'm not alone so thank you!!

I
i have the same problem and i'm 14. yes its a little wierd, but my doctor says once my body starts maturing then it will eventually get equal in size. But i learned to get used to it and think of my body as unique, and different. your beautiful no matter what point _____.
I have the same thing I'm 16. I honesty didn't think anything of it until recently. But I can tell you guys don't care , my bf doesn't. It's honestly not that big of a deal so don't let it get to you
I have the same problem even though I am only 12I feel like it is wrong and that when I get older it's going to be a problem and that it could be bad for my health I don't know what to do but I don't want to tell my mom too embarrassed to tell anyone help me
I'm 27 and I'm just beginning to notice a change. I thought it was because I gained weight or was getting older. I heard it was from a lot of sex, masturbating, and even tanning salons! I'm just going to go with age at this point because my boyfriend and I broke up and it's been over a year so I know it's not that and I even stopped going to the tanning salon for awhile. That helped a little bit but not nearly enough for the self consciousness to go away. I know it's normal and thank god very common, and from reading all the comments I feel somewhat better but would still like to know if there is a way to fix this! I've tried not to let it bother me but it does :( I know things like this come with age and we cant turn back time but Im just looking for advice to not make it worse! No offense but does anyone have any solutions besides trying to accept it?!
I also have the same problem I'm 14 years old and it bothers me so much and it kinda worries me idk what to do it imbarrasses me and makes me feel akward and it couldnt have been anything sex related because I'm still a virgin nothings happened I noticed this a few years back and I didn't think much of it at first then I started thinking what is it and what should I do about it?
I am also 12, and have the same problem!! I am so glad that i am not the only one and at this age. Now that i see that their are lots of people with this problem, i am not so worried, but it still does make me feel uncomfortable and wierd. I dont know if you have told your mom, but you should! I told mine and she is going to take me to an ob-gyn. You should ask your mom to take you to one too! They really help :) But sorry, I dont know what caused it or if there is anything that you can do to remove it other than having surgery x_x
mine is the exact same its good to know im not an outcast :) because i want to be sexually active but i am afraid he will think im weird or a freak or something like i have some weird std or something
Hey Ladies,

Let me ask you a couple questions:

Do any of you experience recurrent head aches?
Is it your right inner labia that is enlarged?
Have you ever had any pain during or before your period in your right breast? Or any enlarged lymph nodes on the right side of your body, either in your breast or near your vagina?
Do any of you experience sore knees or are able to easily crack your joints?
Are any of you on the birth control pill?

If so, I believe the reason your right labia is enlarged is because your hormones may be out of wack. I would go seek a naturopathic doctor and ask them to check your hormones to see if this is in fact what it is.
I know exactly how you feel!!! mine is EXACTLY the same way!!! im soo happy that i see so many people with the same problem. honestly, i dont think this is a problem or anything. it just comes with the package of becoming a woman i guess.
wow. this is the first time i ever thought to look on the internet for some reason. i have had the same problem for i doont know how long. like 15 or something. im 22 now. i have always been embarrassed about it and its very very unconfortable. eventually after my 2nd pregnancy i finally got the courage to ask my doc. and she said it was completely normal. that tons of girls come in everyday about it. but they wont do the surgery unless it is causing disconfort. and most women just want the surgery for cosmetic reasons. ive always thought about the surgery only because it is very uncomfortable to me. but my boyfriend has never told me it was wierd. ive even talked to him about it and he said he could care less. lol. no one else has ever said anything at that matter. im glad i read this and seen how common it really is. thanks girls. as you can see, we are all the same.
Oh My Goodness this has been stressing me out allot, I thought I was some kind of wierdo. I'm 13 & A Half (; VIRGIN but every time I have a shower or get changed I notice my gross left labia, its longer than my right, it is darker on the tip and sometimes when I'm standing naked in the mirror it hangs:( It is defiantly my number 1 insecurity. I'm scared that one day when I'm maybe older and clubbing and i decide to have a one night thing with an experienced guy he will judge me. If I had a loving boyfriend i could see how they wouldn't mind but a random dude, not so sure.I'm also scared that during sex the **** wont go in as easy. Or If while im receiving oral sex while hes down there he will relize that its wierd. Answers Please :) But im so thankfull im not the only one.
wow im glad that im not the only one.......i used to think that it would affect my ability to have children, but that was before i read all the answers............im not thinking of surgery.i dont know why u guys are.......im just happy that im normal afterall............thanks alot!!!!!!!
:)
it feels good to be me again................
:)
I have the same problem and I'm 14, i was thinking would it just...fall off if i tied a tight hair band around it? Like when farmers tie bands around sheeps tails...they just fall off? x
I have always thought that I was the only person with this problem! I am so happy to find out that I am not the only one! I am 16 years old, and still a virgin. I want to be a virgin untill I get married but I realy want to find a solution/learn more about my libias. My left one is bigger than my right, and it's discolored (it's almost like a light purple) I am very embarrased by it an won't wear a swim suit around my friends anymore in fear that they may see it. I have never told anyone about it either, I want to talk to my mom about it and tell her, but I am just to scared to! I am also scared that it will effect my health in some way. My left labia is like 10mm longer than my other, I really want to learn more about this and find out what causes it! Plz help me anyone who has answers!!
Hi. I'm a 13 year old girl and the same problem has happend to me since I was 12 years old. One of my labia minora is bigger than the other and I hate it! I get how you feel because it makes me feel different and akward. I went to my pediatrtion about the problem and she said that it is normal sometimes and there is nothing wrong with it. I felt a relief! I just don't like how it  kinda hurts sometimes (like how snowtree45 said) and when it folds in, it's very uncomfortable. I already told my mom about the situation (it took a while for me to tell her though) so you should probably tell your mom. I know it's kinda weird talking about the vagina but it's better to get it over with. I think I would be looking in on getting surgery or something to get it "back to normal". Even though my doctor said that it's fine, I just don't like how it looks and feels.

Hope this helped!
i have had the same problem hun, my labia minora used to make me extremely uncomfortable. Changing in the locker room made me feel awkward because of the bump in my panties where the minora lips protruded. I felt terrible looking in the mirror and felt that my vagina was ugly, because one side is slightly larger than the other and my minora lips are pretty long. I thought if anyone saw me naked they would be repulsed by it.
But then i found love, and my boyfriend told me he LOVES my vagina and that its extremely sexy to him, he didnt know why i was so shy.
Something i didnt know until i did some research- A lot of men and women actually love big labia minora! And to be honest, most men dont care what your vagina looks like. Honestly! I learned its nothing to me ashamed of, its just another physical feature on us that makes us different than everyone else. Im sure when you find the right person, they will love all of you. ive learned not to be ashamed, but proud of my body because it makes me look unique.
No two things on a persons body are completely symmetrical, most women have one breast slightly larger than the other, one dominant side of the body, etc. My advice, leave it! but if you are extremely uncomfortable with the look and one lip is already stretched out, i heard you can stretch the other to make them even for the most part. Otherwise, if both sound like bad options, there is always labiaplasty, though i personally think women shouldn't hack off anything down there, especially for look, unless they are in pain and extreme discomfort. It does make you lose a lot of sensation because they literally cut part of the labia minora off.
im 14 and have the same problem only my right is bigger. after reading this, im guessing its pretty normal. good luck
I'm 13 still a virgin and have this problem :( my left Is bigger and purplish/black I HATE IT I won't go to my mom she will yell at me and my doctor is a male o.o
Ladies this is totally normal. I'm 25 and for a long time it made me self conscious. Now it doesn't even matter and I like when my BF plays with it because it's very sensitive. He also likes to suck it when he goes down. If you're worried about what a guy will think trust me DON'T.
im only 13 and i have one of my labia minora bigger then the other im not sure if its a bad thing i dont no if i should see a doctor about it and let them see if its a bad thing and my friend told me her vagin is very different because when she had a look, she said around the labia minora has skin and she doesnt know if thats normal please can you reply please.
Hey! dont feel bad about it, I am 23 years old and i didnt realize mine looked like that too. I have been in a relationship for five years and I actually noticed I had it because I told my boyfriend I noticed something stiking out, he didnt see anything bad but noticed the difference between left and right, he said  if i wanted to we could visit the dr. He made me feel more calm and we even did research together, the point here is man tend to be more open minded about sexual things (there are always stupid guys who wont understand) and some guys may be more understainding than you think (:
so glad i'M not the only one.. I'm 20 just paid attention to that lolz. alot of girls have it .. whew dont feel so bad no more.
Thank you so much i'm turning 13 and i don't have my period. you helped me so much!!
I only have it on one side...the other is a very VERY small stump. The other is what i think is normal size, but it is a dark color at the tip. I also think I am missing the clitoris hood. I've been researching, but I haven't found anything on the clitoris hood. Will any of it affect my health or sexual pleasure? I'm very self conscious about it and don't know what to do, or if I should talk to a doctor about it.
mine was normal at first but i realize that after oral sex with my boyfriend my right side was bigger i hoped that maybe after a few days it would have gone back but it hasnt. mine doesnt stick out as what the first commenter said but as a girl we all pay attention to our bodies and it freaks me out n leaves me a bit self conscious.. :(

I know i'm commenting on this kinda of late. But I have the same exact problem. I'm 12 & started my period in Dec. 2012. I gave my boyfriend a ** in February & we kinda had sex the beginning of March. I noticed all the things that you guys are noticing. Both him & I have never done ANYTHING before. So he doesn't have any STD's which is what I thought it was at first until I remembered that we are each others first with everything. & yes I know it's very innapropriate for this age & him & I have stopped doing these things because we were moving to fast & we are WAY to young. But it does feel good to know that other people are going through the same way. I'm still pretty paranoid about it though.
Look I'm 17, and have the same problem. Its not abnormal and honestly if you get with a guy, or girl who has seen a lot of vaginas like me you'll find out its really not all that unusual. I have don't experiments on different women who have this and with all the only problem is their ability to get "wet" after their fist orgasim. Some even before the first. Its the only difference between the women with equally sized lips. You'll be ok.
I have the same problem .. Except inside my vagina, A lot of white creamy stuff comes out .. What could it be ? I'm 13 by the way ..
Hey, I have this problem too, except I have alot of confidence, I am 15 and have spoken to my mum about it after I was very self conscious about letting my boyfriend see it as he had seen other vagina's. I did not want mine to be different to theirs, this is all normal! You are meant to have one Labia flap bigger than the other! Don't worry girls :) xx
I know everyone says its ok, and that it's perfectly normal, but I've had this problem since before I can remember, I mean I've never really thought about it until now and I'm at that stage where you get sexually active and I'm scared because what if boys think its gross and tell everyone? I'm freaking out over it but I don't want surgery, I just want the actual name of the "thing" (disease, labia type, skin problem, whatever?) I'm pretty sure it's not overlarge labia because its meant to be both the labias isn't it? But mine's soo long and it's browny purple and has no feeling! But it's not too uncomfortable (maybe when putting the tampon in) and it doesn't show unless I'm naked (but sometimes gets caught in underwear) I can feel it when I sit down or walk, and if I wear a swimsuit or something then I have to tuv
omg i thank god, that not only me i have it ...i have the exactly same issue and  i think my mental country will think that i'm not virgin or somthing else..
i'm 16 years old and i'm really scare about it , and the problem is, its getting bigger and its dark :/ i know its sound gross...
but srsly i really want to get rid of it but hoooowwww??? plzzzz i neeed help
alot of ideas comes on my head when i think about it , its ruining my day totally like what if i'm not really virgin ?? what if i'm Infertility؟؟
omg srsly this issue ruined my life :(((((( helllp plz
thank god im not the only one. i used to not really care but im in a relationship now which i really care about the guy and maybe in several months or so, i might like to have sex with him, but my labia being the way it is, the right bigger than the left, i started getting really insecure because im a virgin, and hes had sex multiple times and i just got really insecure. and dont worry, im not a weird 13 year old who wants to have sex, im almost 18 and just want to make sure that i only have sex if i really care about the person. but yea, YAY IM NOT A FREAK!
I have the same exact problem and it scared me because I thought I was the only one. Ig has stopped me from allowing myself to have sex and I want surgery. Im 15 almost 16 and I don't want to b Insecure anymore.
Hi I'm 12 I have got my period and one of my labia Minora is massive I only started learning about it now and I first thought it was my clit it is so big and i don't understand why
Help me!!
Im fourteen and i have the same problem where left is bigger than the right. I think that there are only two options and that is to get surgery or to except it. I dont want surgery but on the other hand i do. I think that we just need to except that this is who we are and that there are alot of other girls like us with the same problem. If a guy you are with really loves you, then he wont care what it looks like.
I have the same problem, as far as I remember I didn't have it when I was younger (a kid) until one day I went bike riding, I guess I was 10 yrs old back then, the seat was really high so it hurt one minor labia I didn't pay attention to it until now and I guess thats why I have it a little bit larger that the other and at the tip is dark and kind of numb, Im glad to know I'm not the only one,  this blog is great it makes me feel normal(?) because yes, now that I'm 16 I got concerned about it's appearance, so as many people already said, if someone really loves you it will not matter what shape or color it has.
I actually have the same case, I have labia minora hypertrophy single side , it means that the other side looks like, it has excess skin and sometimes it folds. It actually not a big deal, something that you dont need to worry about unless,when you are referring to the beauty of your Labia .
It not a disease nor an abnormality..
let's just say ,as an individual we do have different faces, features, physique and so do our genitals.

ThERE is nOthing WRONG with having a labia with one side of it is bigger than the other ..UNLESS, you are always showing it to other people all the time .
Omg im so glad I found this. I was really concerned. Im 12 years old and have the same problem. Mine isn't numb, but the right ones bigger than the left. This only developed last year and I was kind of scared. I asked my mom about it and she said it would be fine, but I was still unsure. Thank you, im sooo glad it's normal and im not alone.
Im 11 and my left is bigger than my right I never did anything so î really don't know what I'm suppose to do and I don't want surgery
Yeah I've got it too! My boyf calls it the 'freak'! Neither of us give a ****! We have an amazing sex life and its great to be different!
literally I have the SAME problem. I'm 12 years old and my right is a lot longer than my left. When I run or walk I feel in "come out" I guess you could say. it's really uncomfortable and I hate it so much. I am so happy i'm not the only one. i'm scared to tell my mom because i'm embarrassed. I go to the bathroom every 5 seconds to like "tuck it back in" the other one is perfectly normal though...I hate it so much. I recently went to Disney World this week, and when I walked,ran,went to the bathroom, or went on a slide, I feel it like rubbing against my leg it's so embarrassing. nobody else that I know have it and it really *****...sorry I sent you such a long paragraph but I read your comment and realized that you are close to my age and had the same problem
do I like keep tucking it in or do I leave it out?? idk i'm scared because it just doesn't feel normal
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I couldn't agree with you more
Omg, I'm 16 and my right is SO much bigger than my left, I hate it >.< But I've got a boyfriend and am considering sex with him, but the way I feel about my labia is literally stopping me :/
Also, I don't feel like I actually get wet? I don't know....
All I know is that it is SO uncomfortable, it looks really weird and wrinkly, and I get SUPER self-conscious about how it looks :/
I'm guessing you have to be 18 to get corrective surgery on it though?