One Labia Minora Bigger Than Other
One of the labia minora lips is bigger than the other, it has extra skin and is very dark in colour, and has no feeling. Now the problem is that it sticks out and I'm very uncomfortable with it. It makes me feel akward and abnormal. When I get my period sometime its hard to get the tampon in because it gets in the way and sometimes folds over so I can't get a tampon in and it hurts. Does this happen a lot, and how does it happen? Is there a surgery I can get for this, and should I?
i have had the same problem hun, my labia minora used to make me extremely uncomfortable. Changing in the locker room made me feel awkward because of the bump in my panties where the minora lips protruded. I felt terrible looking in the mirror and felt that my vagina was ugly, because one side is slightly larger than the other and my minora lips are pretty long. I thought if anyone saw me naked they would be repulsed by it.
But then i found love, and my boyfriend told me he LOVES my vagina and that its extremely sexy to him, he didnt know why i was so shy.
Something i didnt know until i did some research- A lot of men and women actually love big labia minora! And to be honest, most men dont care what your vagina looks like. Honestly! I learned its nothing to me ashamed of, its just another physical feature on us that makes us different than everyone else. Im sure when you find the right person, they will love all of you. ive learned not to be ashamed, but proud of my body because it makes me look unique.
No two things on a persons body are completely symmetrical, most women have one breast slightly larger than the other, one dominant side of the body, etc. My advice, leave it! but if you are extremely uncomfortable with the look and one lip is already stretched out, i heard you can stretch the other to make them even for the most part. Otherwise, if both sound like bad options, there is always labiaplasty, though i personally think women shouldn't hack off anything down there, especially for look, unless they are in pain and extreme discomfort. It does make you lose a lot of sensation because they literally cut part of the labia minora off.
im 14 and have the same problem only my right is bigger. after reading this, im guessing its pretty normal. good luck
I'm 13 still a virgin and have this problem :( my left Is bigger and purplish/black I HATE IT I won't go to my mom she will yell at me and my doctor is a male o.o
Ladies this is totally normal. I'm 25 and for a long time it made me self conscious. Now it doesn't even matter and I like when my BF plays with it because it's very sensitive. He also likes to suck it when he goes down. If you're worried about what a guy will think trust me DON'T.
im only 13 and i have one of my labia minora bigger then the other im not sure if its a bad thing i dont no if i should see a doctor about it and let them see if its a bad thing and my friend told me her vagin is very different because when she had a look, she said around the labia minora has skin and she doesnt know if thats normal please can you reply please.
Hey! dont feel bad about it, I am 23 years old and i didnt realize mine looked like that too. I have been in a relationship for five years and I actually noticed I had it because I told my boyfriend I noticed something stiking out, he didnt see anything bad but noticed the difference between left and right, he said  if i wanted to we could visit the dr. He made me feel more calm and we even did research together, the point here is man tend to be more open minded about sexual things (there are always stupid guys who wont understand) and some guys may be more understainding than you think (:
so glad i'M not the only one.. I'm 20 just paid attention to that lolz. alot of girls have it .. whew dont feel so bad no more.
Thank you so much i'm turning 13 and i don't have my period. you helped me so much!!
I only have it on one side...the other is a very VERY small stump. The other is what i think is normal size, but it is a dark color at the tip. I also think I am missing the clitoris hood. I've been researching, but I haven't found anything on the clitoris hood. Will any of it affect my health or sexual pleasure? I'm very self conscious about it and don't know what to do, or if I should talk to a doctor about it.
mine was normal at first but i realize that after oral sex with my boyfriend my right side was bigger i hoped that maybe after a few days it would have gone back but it hasnt. mine doesnt stick out as what the first commenter said but as a girl we all pay attention to our bodies and it freaks me out n leaves me a bit self conscious.. :(

I know i'm commenting on this kinda of late. But I have the same exact problem. I'm 12 & started my period in Dec. 2012. I gave my boyfriend a ** in February & we kinda had sex the beginning of March. I noticed all the things that you guys are noticing. Both him & I have never done ANYTHING before. So he doesn't have any STD's which is what I thought it was at first until I remembered that we are each others first with everything. & yes I know it's very innapropriate for this age & him & I have stopped doing these things because we were moving to fast & we are WAY to young. But it does feel good to know that other people are going through the same way. I'm still pretty paranoid about it though.
Look I'm 17, and have the same problem. Its not abnormal and honestly if you get with a guy, or girl who has seen a lot of vaginas like me you'll find out its really not all that unusual. I have don't experiments on different women who have this and with all the only problem is their ability to get "wet" after their fist orgasim. Some even before the first. Its the only difference between the women with equally sized lips. You'll be ok.
I have the same problem .. Except inside my vagina, A lot of white creamy stuff comes out .. What could it be ? I'm 13 by the way ..
Hey, I have this problem too, except I have alot of confidence, I am 15 and have spoken to my mum about it after I was very self conscious about letting my boyfriend see it as he had seen other vagina's. I did not want mine to be different to theirs, this is all normal! You are meant to have one Labia flap bigger than the other! Don't worry girls :) xx
I know everyone says its ok, and that it's perfectly normal, but I've had this problem since before I can remember, I mean I've never really thought about it until now and I'm at that stage where you get sexually active and I'm scared because what if boys think its gross and tell everyone? I'm freaking out over it but I don't want surgery, I just want the actual name of the "thing" (disease, labia type, skin problem, whatever?) I'm pretty sure it's not overlarge labia because its meant to be both the labias isn't it? But mine's soo long and it's browny purple and has no feeling! But it's not too uncomfortable (maybe when putting the tampon in) and it doesn't show unless I'm naked (but sometimes gets caught in underwear) I can feel it when I sit down or walk, and if I wear a swimsuit or something then I have to tuv
omg i thank god, that not only me i have it ...i have the exactly same issue and  i think my mental country will think that i'm not virgin or somthing else..
i'm 16 years old and i'm really scare about it , and the problem is, its getting bigger and its dark :/ i know its sound gross...
but srsly i really want to get rid of it but hoooowwww??? plzzzz i neeed help
alot of ideas comes on my head when i think about it , its ruining my day totally like what if i'm not really virgin ?? what if i'm Infertility؟؟
omg srsly this issue ruined my life :(((((( helllp plz
thank god im not the only one. i used to not really care but im in a relationship now which i really care about the guy and maybe in several months or so, i might like to have sex with him, but my labia being the way it is, the right bigger than the left, i started getting really insecure because im a virgin, and hes had sex multiple times and i just got really insecure. and dont worry, im not a weird 13 year old who wants to have sex, im almost 18 and just want to make sure that i only have sex if i really care about the person. but yea, YAY IM NOT A FREAK!
I have the same exact problem and it scared me because I thought I was the only one. Ig has stopped me from allowing myself to have sex and I want surgery. Im 15 almost 16 and I don't want to b Insecure anymore.
Hi I'm 12 I have got my period and one of my labia Minora is massive I only started learning about it now and I first thought it was my clit it is so big and i don't understand why
Help me!!
Im fourteen and i have the same problem where left is bigger than the right. I think that there are only two options and that is to get surgery or to except it. I dont want surgery but on the other hand i do. I think that we just need to except that this is who we are and that there are alot of other girls like us with the same problem. If a guy you are with really loves you, then he wont care what it looks like.
I have the same problem, as far as I remember I didn't have it when I was younger (a kid) until one day I went bike riding, I guess I was 10 yrs old back then, the seat was really high so it hurt one minor labia I didn't pay attention to it until now and I guess thats why I have it a little bit larger that the other and at the tip is dark and kind of numb, Im glad to know I'm not the only one,  this blog is great it makes me feel normal(?) because yes, now that I'm 16 I got concerned about it's appearance, so as many people already said, if someone really loves you it will not matter what shape or color it has.
I actually have the same case, I have labia minora hypertrophy single side , it means that the other side looks like, it has excess skin and sometimes it folds. It actually not a big deal, something that you dont need to worry about unless,when you are referring to the beauty of your Labia .
It not a disease nor an abnormality..
let's just say ,as an individual we do have different faces, features, physique and so do our genitals.

ThERE is nOthing WRONG with having a labia with one side of it is bigger than the other ..UNLESS, you are always showing it to other people all the time .
Omg im so glad I found this. I was really concerned. Im 12 years old and have the same problem. Mine isn't numb, but the right ones bigger than the left. This only developed last year and I was kind of scared. I asked my mom about it and she said it would be fine, but I was still unsure. Thank you, im sooo glad it's normal and im not alone.
Im 11 and my left is bigger than my right I never did anything so î really don't know what I'm suppose to do and I don't want surgery
Yeah I've got it too! My boyf calls it the 'freak'! Neither of us give a ****! We have an amazing sex life and its great to be different!
do I like keep tucking it in or do I leave it out?? idk i'm scared because it just doesn't feel normal
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I couldn't agree with you more
Omg, I'm 16 and my right is SO much bigger than my left, I hate it >.< But I've got a boyfriend and am considering sex with him, but the way I feel about my labia is literally stopping me :/
Also, I don't feel like I actually get wet? I don't know....
All I know is that it is SO uncomfortable, it looks really weird and wrinkly, and I get SUPER self-conscious about how it looks :/
I'm guessing you have to be 18 to get corrective surgery on it though?
I'm 16, soon to be 17, and my left labia a lot larger than my right one. Where my right one is around half and inch long, my left labia is around two inches, and dangles/ hangs between my legs. It is also and brown wrinkly colour. I'm just very afraid and concerned about it general, and just wanted to know what i could do about it. I'm too afraid to see a doctor or gynecologist, or even tell anybody about it, are there any suggestions you could make? Thank you.
My right labia is longer and wrinkle and darkish grey color. And I've been super self consice about it for years. I wanna have sex in the future but afraid of what the guy will think or say. But this site really helps me feel more comfortable and confident with it. I'm 15.
please help me to i'm 15 years old. and my left labia is bigger than right labia. what should i do?
my left labia is bigger than right labia and there's a small circle there and it was itching. does it normal\?
I have the exact same problem! And I'm 16. My right is so much bigger than my left and it makes me very self-conscious. But I was doing a little research and it said that it's very normal to have to different sized labias just like having two different sized boobs is normal. So you girls have nothing to worry about :)
Idk what to do
I have the same exact problem.. I'm also 12!
I have this problem and I&#x27;m 15 almost 16 and I want to know if there&#x27;s any way to make it smaller or remove it surgically
I have the same problem and I&#39;m 15 also about to be 16 and I&#39;m worried too
All normal! It is not a problem.

No two labia look the same. Our labia can have different textures (smooth, or bumpy), different edges (smooth or jagged), different colors (purple, pink, brown, black, nude, etc.), different sizes (3/4-4 inches), and all around look different. One side of the labia minora may be far larger than the other side, this is normal. Most labia are not identical. Heck, some women only have a labia minora on one side.They are ALL beautiful and unique.

I strongly advise AGAINST surgery. Not only does it reduce pleasure for yourself, but it also reduces pleasure for your partner. It has VERY serious risk, including infection, loss of clitoris, loss of sensation, and could end up looking horrific afterwards. Having someone hack at your lady bits is NOT the answer.

Your labia will only be irritated if you are constantly fussing over it. Let it be. The labia should not be constantly touched, prodded at, and tucked in. Wear normal good fitting underwear (preferably cotton), wash with warm water, and LET IT BE. I have never had an issue with my labia and wear all kinds of cute underwear (including g-strings) without an issue.

The answer is learning to love what you have and realizing it is not only normal but common. This is not a problem. It is normal. Look at tumblr's 'Large Labia Project' to see some of the variation that exists in labia - don't worry if you don't see a similar one, like I said, no two labia are the same. In survey's, men either like a long labia, or don't care.

Porn has RUINED what women think their labia should look like. Pornstars get their labia cut off and bleached. It is NOT an accurate depiction. If you look at porn from 10-15 years ago, they all had normal labia, ranging is size, color, and texture. In fact, the majority had labia that was 2+ inches.
Hun, this isn't a problem. Your labia is normal and lovely the way it is. Look at any of Tumblr's labia pages to see what REAL labia look like. Yes, there are some women (very few) with small labia,which is fine because you can't change what you naturally have, but that isn't common. The average labia is deeper color, 1.5-2 inches long, slightly textured/wrinkled, and asymmetrical.
I am also 15 and i am terrified
I have the same exact problem and I literally hate it. it makes me so insecure, and I can&#39;t stand it
I have the same issue as the 9384509345 other girls that left comments here :P I thought it was something extremely unusual and that it was my fault that it turned like that but it seems I was wrong. I remember it happening when I was 11 years old. In 2012 I asked my Soanish gynecologist about it and he said it's something completely normal and that I shouldn't worry about it. Nonetheless, it's extremely annoying and it hurts when I walk or do any sports, so I use panty liners everyday and problem solved.
I'm 13 and I have this too! My left is longer and darker than my right. But I searched around, and it's pretty normal. I'd recommend not going for surgery, it may make things worse in the future.
Im 13 and Im relieved that Im not the only one.I thought that there was something wrong with my vigina and it was deformed.I dont think Im comfortable talking about it to my mom or friends.It makes me very awkward at times when girls talk about there own and how &quot;perfect&quot; theirs are.I dont know if its going to stay this way forever but hopefully not.It feels very uncomfortable when I wear a pad because it sticks.Its also extremely weird when I am wearing undies and my right labia (the bigger one) is sticking out.I dont feel like I am going to tell anyone about this anytime soon because I;m really that very shy one. :0
I don't know how my future is going to look either ;-;
I actually just had a labia plasty which reduced the size of my labia minora. I am extremely happy with the results and feel much more comfortable with my body. Having an enlarged labia is very uncomfortable and in my opinion unessesary. There are doctors that will perform the outpatient surgery
Did this cost much?
Im 15 and I have the same problem I know its normal but my boyfriend might not think so cause porn stars look a lot different
If he truly loves you for you he will not judge you or feel disgusted by it
Im so glad Im not the only one but i am scared if boys find it gross it makes me insecure
i'm 14 , have the same problem , and am superrrr self conscious about this , it's also uncomfortable , i want mine regular because i hate my vagina the way it is ... i just wonder if the surgery is available for a minor though :||
Honestly, I can tell you this as an adult woman . . .  no one really cares about matching labias.  Breasts are often different sizes, feet, etc.  It's not uncommon for one to hang a little more than the other.  And you'd be hard pressed to find a man in your life that will fully notice or care.  Unless you are a porn star taking photos or making movies of the area . . .   it's not like the world judges you on this.  And again, a partner that you have sex with should be one who cares about you and they most likely won't care/notice.  So, try not to let this be something you worry about.  Get a new hair cut if you feel insecure . . .  people see things like your hair. But your vaginal lips are your private area.  good luck
i'm only 14 but i'm worried about the future and what it holds in my sexual life. having an abnormal vagina makes me reallyyy self conscious.
My right side hangs down awkwardly an I&#39;m 14!! I stg it din do that yesterday but I woke up with alotttt of discomfort this morning an I looked in the mirror an I was so confused... considering it legit just happened over night, should I go to a gynecologist ??
My left lambia is longer then my right do guys care about the size or am i just over thinking i hate it being differnt sizes tho