One Side Of Labia Is Swollen and Red plus i have a lump...
hi.

i have been swollen on the right labia for a while now. it usually comes and goes but most likely stays on there sometimes worse than other times though. its really red sometimes though. does anyone know what could be causing this? ive been to 2 gynos and they both said it was normal, but i still worry about it.

plus right about where its swollen theres a surda lump thing it doesn't really hurt its been there for a while now it doesn't go away.  ive also showed my gyno that and she said it could be a skin tact which i don't know what that is? Could it be something really bad. Please help me with my problems.

thanks
hilary
See a Dermatologist. Sounds like an condition that is caused from either a glandular problem or ingrown hair. It can fester under the skin making it swell so badly that it is very red and may even feel feverish. You can try Hot compresses to ease the symptoms until you get it checked.
I am pretty sure I know what you are talking of. It is a skin tag, just a little bit of extra skin that forms a hard little bump.. alomst like a pimple. I have this and have read I believe on this forum, a few weeks ago, people discussing it also you should be able to scroll down and find it. It is not harmful and I am 32 weeks pregnant and you know the little saying "you gotta pee alot when pg" well that's me and so sometimes it gets irratated and bleeds a tad. If two docs have told you it was this I would think that it is, nothing bad if yoiu can live with it, if not like sated above you can go to a skin doc (dermatologist) and have it removed quite simply.
do you know of any other way i can remove it?

and do you know what could make the swelling of the labia go away?
The swelling is most likely caused from an infection that has set in. Even a pimple on your face has a bit of infection in it and it comes to a head as the body tries to expel it. If you have an ingrown hair with skin covering it and it is unable to "exit" it can cause a really bad infection and often times no head for the infection to drain. Hot compresses can often help bring the infection to a head, not to mention relieve some of the pain associated with the pain that is present. But the only way to really get rid of it is to see a doctor. They may give antibiotics and/or drain the infected area. I know the "location" can be embarrassing, but I had a simular problem that started when I was in my last trimester of pregnancy and HAD to go see a doctor, since I was so worried about it affecting the baby. Once there, he examined me and basically acted like it was something he sees EVERYDAY! Not a big deal. So please go see a doc and get it taken care of. It may continue to worsen, or even if it eases and/or gets better, may return again.
Good Luck!
i have several red bumps that turned to white bumps and they are above the skin i was thinking they could be a ingrown hair but there is a lot of them and my labia is swollen and red and i also have a fever and swollen glands. i am only 17 and dont want to talk to my mom about it. can someone please help me?