Ongoing Discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ongoing Discharge

I'm 26 and I've had this issue for a long time now and it's RUINED my sex life. I have a yellowish discharge that has the consistency of, like, snot. There is not a gross smell, but it's an "off" smell. This is been going on for like 2 years now. I've seen 2 Dr.'s and an OB GYN. I noticed another girls post with similar symptoms to mine, although I have been treated for bacterial vaginosis twice and symptoms still persist...a Dr. also said because its been going on for so long it probably isn't an STD (which I was also tested for twice through urine and blood). The OB told me it was normal.. I know everyone has discharge but this is NOT normal for me. It's come to the point where I don't have sex with my boyfriend anymore because I'm so repulsed by my vagina. And the rare time we do have sex, I can't relax so I can't enjoy it. I'm afraid hes going to pull out a gob of snot on his penis!  Any insight? I'm tired of pushing him away, I want my sex life back!

This discussion is related to yellow discharge.
HELLO? DOCTOR??????

Yellow discharge can be due to bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis and Chlamydia. The characteristic symptom of trichomoniasis infection is a heavy, frothy, yellow-green, fishy-smelling discharge from the vagina. The infection can also cause discomfort during sex, vaginal itching, pain when passing urine and occasionally stomach pains.

Diagnosis can be confirmed only after pelvic examination and swab samples of the discharge and cervix swabs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your reply. I had asked about Trich and testing when I went for previous exams and they were negative. I just had a complete physical exam yesterday where the Dr. took swabs and a pap. So hopefully I can get an answer. I will post the results once I know. Thanks for your concern.
So what were the results, if you don't mind sharing?  I'm having a similar issue and I'm not sure what to do.