Aa
A
A
Close
Ongoing Hip Pain
I am a 48 year old women, and have had hip pain in both hips for about five years. It is impossible for me to lie on my sides at night, thus I do not get sleep other than being assisted with a small dose of prescribed sleep medication. I feel this has not helped the issue, however, and the doctor has diagnosed me with sciatica since I also have slight lower back pain. Lately, I have also had severe pain in my groin and pelvic bone area. I had a blood test to rule out the possibility of a ectopic pregnancy, and I can't remember having any sort of back injury or strain which could have brought this on, however, my two aunts died of bone cancer. I have tried physical therapy, acupuncture and using a tens unit, but nothing will help the hip pain. If I walk excessively during the day, by night the pain is even worse. I don't want to return to the doctor, as she is beginning to think its all in my head and still is diagnosing me of having sciatica. I don't think I would have it for so long, and can't afford another doctor, as I go to a clinic.
Any suggestions as to what this could be? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I want to sleep on my sides again!
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
maybe an ovarian cyst?  Best of luck on a speedy recovery.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I suffer the same.  Am researching it.  appears it may be a result of long term stomach sleeping for me and will take time to correct just as it took time to appear.  will keep you posted. Have had MRI, xray, steroid injection (temp. pain relief) julie
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005 tn?1476662562
Blank
pb95, and KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
48 mins ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank