Onset of PMS??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Onset of PMS??

Hello, im not understanding why all of a sudden the past 2 months i have been getting severe PMS and other symptoms and some of them have tricked me into thinking that i am pregnant (fiance and i have been trying for a baby for 10 months now). I have had my period since i was 12 years old (i am 19 now) and i have never had any PMS except for bad cramps. All of a sudden the past 2 months the PMS is horrible. I have had nausea the day before my period, extreme hunger before and during my period, extreme tiredness, my nipples have been so sore i cant even touch them and half in tears when i try and put on my bra and severe back and neck aches. So i understand girls/women get PMS but im not understanding why after 7 tears if only having cramps and nothing else im getting attacked with PMS. Oh and om extremely irritable and emotional. Ive flipped out on my fiance for no reason and start balling my eyes out for no reason. So whats going on? Is it normal to just start getting really bad PMS symptoms or is something wrong? Also i have been to the gynecologist several times in the past year due to ovarian cysts...dont know if that has anything to do with it.
Hi there and welcome to the forum.  Oh, agreed.  PMS is a pain in the butt.  Honestly, a change in your hormones will create less or more PMS and since you discuss ovarian cysts, etc. ----  that could be likely that this is a good part of what's happened.  Your hormones have shifted perhaps.  I also think that when you are trying to conceive---  we are so focused on all of that that we notice every thing that happens.  The two years that I tried to conceive, I felt and noticed everything from what type of secretions I was making to any little tingle in my side to exactly what day my period was due.  Once I had my kids, I'm much less aware to be honest.  Does that make sense?  You are thinking about it a lot more.  

Stress plays a role in hormones and fertility by the way.  Hard.  My sister would say "don't stress out so much as it makes it harder to get pregnant" and then I'd stress over being stressed.  grrr.  

If our pms symptoms get too bad, talk to your doctor.  Believe it or not, there is a DSM V criteria for a mental health disorder related to pms.  The emotional symptoms are hard but one must get a handle on that for healthy functioning with our partners and in life.  

Remember to exercise regularly as this really does help in regulating things a little better.  good luck dear
Thanks so much specialmom! I really appreciate it! I was just like what the heck is going on?! Haha but thanks again (: