Open forum..... your mind can be very powerful!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

hey good morning ladies.....i can't believe how powerful my mind is....i thought i had a MC when my period came extremely heavy this month, but when i checked the Dr he told me it was a physcological thing that caused me may be bleed so much.....i was so depressed that AF came earler last month that it came twice & twice as heavy having me convinced that i could conceive.....quiet honestly i wanted it to  be a MC ,stupid of me yea i know,.... but it's i say to all my lovely ladies who had MC, as dump as it sounds count MC as a blessing, because at least you still know you could conceive, because i feel so powerless where i don't know if i can at all....just keeping on seeing AF after AF for 19mths.....i really am trying my hardest to focus on our Wedding, & house & not think about TTC....i really thought i was over it, but as this other AF came & messed my mind i'm thinking about it again, ....i don't even want to BD, that's my height of Depression...but i'll try to put TTC on hold again this is to much to bear...i intend to enjoy my life....& trust me i'm back to clubbing & drinking occasionally i don't want to be bothered by this again....*****Baby dust to my lovely girlys*****

love
princess
i always read your posts and try to ignore some of the odd things that you say but this one takes the cake. i am very sorry, but you are strange. i think you mean well, but a word of advice...think before you speak.
maybe its an island thing?
what in god's name are you talking about...i'm pouring out my heart & that's the best you could tell me.....please  don't responded to me & leave me alone ( dont want to be mean, but i'm really upset & that repsones wasn't cool) i don't understand half of the things you guys talk about & never repsond, not everyone is the same so if you dont understand me just leave me alone....:(  PLEASE....
(crying) i don't know why when i deeply depressed is when someone would act like they don't care with hurtful things...:()****wiping tears*****
I think that the previous poster was referring to you saying that someone with a loss should beiw it as a blessing... you really should be more respectful. You have never been through a loss, right? Then how would you know how it would feel to have someone tell you that it should be counted as a blessing? I TOTALLY see where the previous poster was coming from.

That said, yep, our mind is very powerful.. it can bring on pregnancy "symptoms" and anything else. What makes you think that you cannot concieve (conceive)? How long have you been TTC?? And by TTC I mean how long have you been taking ACTIVE measures (not just having sex without a condom) to concieve (conceive)? It often takes a "normal", sexually "healthy" couple up to a year or longer to concieve (conceive). Even if the timing of intercourse is hit perfectly and there is nothing wrong with the egg or sperm count, there is still only about a 20% chance of concieving that month.
oh and the stress of a wedding and house and ttc and even your depression will negitivly impact your chances of getting pregnant.

If I were you I'd start charting (if you are not currently) so that you can better understand your cycle. Chances are, if you go see a fertility dr anyhow about not being able to TTC they will make you chart anyhow before they do too many proceedures to help you
thank you
I'm gonna take a guess here, and say that she means your reference to a m/c being a blessing. Don't say that you wish that's what you had, because believe me- you don't. Having a m/c is emotionally defeating. With both my losses, I became so fragile, I wondered if I might lose my mind. On the other hand, it's been over a year since my EP, and I'm still not pg. Month after month, it's disappointing and depressing. I'm not saying a loss is worse than not being able to conceive, but don't call it a blessing or suggest that's what it is to those who've been through it.

oceans, if I missed your point completely by making it my own, feel free to correct me.
sorry ocean but i was really upset just now .... it seemed you was making fun of me again...:) i'm alittle better now...:)

little: thanks hon....i have been charting a little while now & we've been TTC for 19mths now.....& the wedding is next year & i'm stressed already....well i guess becuz i believe in God i would say that it's a blessing...but all i ment to say was that even thou you did MC it still means you could conceive i wasn't dwelling on the lost of a child being a blessing....OMG that would be mean... & i stated that i was making a dumb statement to avoid hurting anyone cuz i know it's not easy losing some one.....

I'm waiting patiently on my time, i really wanted to give TTC a rest Sep hurt me too much then i've started charted again for this month, it's not easy to say NO...:)
my friend has had multiple miscarriages, she gets pregnant even when using bc.  She would never think of her miscarriages as a blessing, the pain she goes thru with each loss is AWFUL.  It doesn't offer her any comfort knowing she can conceive.  I usually don't respond to your posts because I find them so off the wall but this takes the cake.  I agree you should go back to your clubbing and drinking and use BC.
hey lisa haven't talked to you in awhile...how's it going??? sorry to hear about your two losses....but i explained myself at the top just now...my emotions just gets carried away with me....:)
Sorry AF showed :( But I'm glad you went to the DR to make sure what was happening! I hope this week turns out better for you. Maybe this weekend will be fun. As for us we have 3 bday parties to attend Sat & Sun. BUSY BUSY ON THE ROAD
We have been decorating for Halloween, DS loves pumpkins, he's watching Charlie Browns pumpkin movie.
DS will be a giraffe, he has to wear the suit everytime he sees it in the closet, it's sooo cute the tail hangs down so DS almost tobbles over while wearing it b/c he tries reaching btw his legs trying to grab the tail, I've gotta get it on video! I posted bk to ya in the nesting forum didn't know if you read it or not (yesterday) But now you've got a post going so we can chat over here :) Do yall do Halloween stuff? I hope you are having a better day! Talk to ya soon
heyy....i'm defently having a better day now that you're here....thanks :).....we don celebrate haloween here...our island have about 15 holidays already we don't need another..lol...i felt so cheated when i went by the DR, he just cut me short everytime i ask a question..hate that :)
oh, no, you were all right on exactly. ya know, i have never had a miscarriage (thank God) and i have the sense enough to think of how a statement like that could be offensive, hurtful..... to someone who has had a mc before. it just seems everytime IP posts, she says at least one "odd" thing? i kind of have a little philosophy "if you're not weird/odd your're boring" you know, like silly. sometimes weird/odd can be hurtful as in this case.
Don't let the DR discourage u. They are all fast where I live. Even when pg everthing is fast w/ em. Once I get close to 18wks pg they always take a little more time than usual. I like my DR, but they r very fast!!! DRs don't usually like us online researching things but they r sooo fast w/ us that we gotta find the info somewhere. :) When was Halloween 4 yall? Is it the same as here like the kids dress up & get candy? :)
I think maybe you should just take a break for awhile, go clubbing, plan your wedding and proof read what you post before you hit "post comment". I know you have to type fast with the shared computer and all, but give it a quick once over.

When I read your original post I could feel the anger starting to bubble. Obviously what you typed and what you meant were two completley different things.

There is very little consolation in a m/c, it is a painful, painful experience.
It's okay, I just wanted to make sure you understand although not getting pg is painful, it doesn't make conceiving and m/c'ing a blessing. Focus on your wedding for now- you're still young. Be sure you bf is willing to get tested at some point. Chances are, he's the one with the problem, and everything with you is just fine.
HISGIFTTO US: we don't have halloween here......& my dr was upset i took advice from someone else...but they don't understand is that when i'm there it's so much to ask that i forget,... by the time he leaves the room then i remeber...lol..but what costume you're wearing????? we have a chinese holiday coming up on 14th of October.

MerteK: darling i could have imagined your reaction like (what the f--K is island talking about again, is she starting trouble again)...lol sorry again...ok:)?!!.... it really isn't easy everyone over my shoulder every two mins then my co-workers want to talk to me to....one told me to leave this room b/cuz i'm distracted to much..

Mlks: how do you deal with it???. you always seem so calm about it....i have everyone & even pets pregnant....lol it's kinda hard...i really thought i was over it, by pushing all my energy into the wedding plans & everthing....but Calos(fiance) is still embaressed to go to the dr, he want's a baby but too ashamed to face the cup..i have to be patient & wait on him...

thanks for the advices ladies i do feel better knowing you guys care...& i do care for you too...love.princess.*****baby dust *****

oh yea PS...ocean i hope that comment wasn't for me b/cuz i already apolgized to you..:) :) love yah
This Halloween just DS is dressing up, unless we change our minds :) LOL He has a frog & giraffe suit that he wears around the house alot :) But I the giraffe suit is the winner for this year, I'm just dreading all the candy he will get :) We were at a parade last SAT & he got tons of suckers & other goodies but he wanted to eat it all before the night was up:( DH hid it from him, this way DS can keep his pretty white teeth :) LOL He's even got his Nana to get him a pumpkin to hold his candy in for Halloween night :) We live in the country so DHs cousin lives in town so she said our boys could all trick or treat together (this is great since in town we can just walk & not have to get out of the car every few mintues (not fun w/ a carseat & costume) So the walking will be great unless it rains!!!! We have corn mazes here they r really fun, but it's been such a dry yr I'm not if theres one near by that still has standing stalks!!
Ive read a few of Islands posts and sometimes its seems like obvious trouble but I think this time maybe she meant it that u had a little blessing? (As in the baby was a blessing, Angel etc) thats just giving ben of doubt tho, I think the main prob is the lang barrier a bit, u know like when a foreigner has a hard accent and sounds like theyre shouting but their not?  

Anyways Island I agree with the post that says to re read what ur writing cos whether u mean to or not u seen to get a lot of peoples backs up on here, or maybe start every post with DONT MEAN TO OFFEND lol!
This is what I don't get Island.  You have posted on everyone else's threads about how you can't stand your bf and he is always on your back and you don't know if you want to be with him and than you're still ttc with him.  What the heck is up?  You post about how you thought you had a m/c but your doctor said it was psychological.  Well not many women who have heavy periods automatically assume that they had a m/c, nor would they wish that they did have one.  You get so upset when people snap at you but look at the type of things you write.  It's like you want everyone's attention.  This is medhelp.org not islandprincess.org.  I hate to sound mean but it is so aggravating reading your threads because you expect people to be sensitive to you yet you are so insensitive to others.  We should feel sorry for you?  You sound like you have a lot of growing up to do and god is probably telling you that it is not your time yet.  I've been ttc for 9 months and the last thing I would say is I'm going to go out clubbing and drinking again.  You need to sit down and really think about what you say because it is hard for us women to understand where you're coming from when I don't think you have any clue.
How do we go from a miscarriage being a "blessing" to discussing Halloween costumes in one post??
This thread is a testimony to how young and "odd" (that is a direct quote, right???) that IP is.

Mouth open, jaw on the floor, disbelief coursing through my veins.  

That's all I have to say.

ohh thanks hon for that input((((hugss)))) i would really try my hardest to proof read..& i think i do mention (don't mean to offend) alot ... this morning i was alittle to depressed to even remeber...i have stopped posting awhile now cuz some ladies don't get me, & just jump on me or make jokes......thanks again for see my point hon.....:)
i found the nesting forum & the reponses you was talking about...how was the appointment yesterday?????...& the feet swelling thing hummm that must be really hard you poor dear....
I usually post to IP about whats going on in my day just so happens my DS wanted to watch a pumpkin movie (as I was posting)so I started telling her about our Halloween plans, I brought up the Halloween costume not IP.
My feet r a little skinner today :) BP was good so in 2wks I go back!! It's so wild to think I'll come home oneday soon from the hosp. w/ another baby boy :) It really seems unreal that I'll go thru childbirth again LOL I had an awesome del.. w/ DS#1 so I just keep praying God please do it again for us :) I think He will!!!!Do yall stay in the hosp. long after cb over there? U stay 2 nights where I live if all goes well, I remember not wanting to come home yet, I was like r u sure we are able to leave :) Everything turned out great!!
i love this site with all my lovely TTC honeys who are always willing to help those who don't know better & willing to give great advice & to also make a depressed TTC laughed her head off.....(for those who just enjoy making fun of one's who ask sensable questions & purposely look for trouble it is just plain sad to see & i feel really sorry for you in your sad life).....as for my preggers still have love for you too.....:) we come here with questions & to meet different people no matter how dumb it sounds to you.....that's what makes the world go around...:)

hisgift: don't worry about some women hon...you don't need to exlain yourself to them we were talking....any way when is your halloween i though it was in Nov for USA...some people here try to put on costumes to but never succeed becuz we're not use to it & some just don't like it....but i played halloween when i was younger i was XOXO (shu sha) the russan girl who sings alot of crazy songs for kids....lol you heard about that show...???
yes we do the same thing to....i wish for boys to...that's so great that you're going again..how many kids you wanted in all????

i hear you ladies talking alot about epidural shots...but we don't do that here...:(
It's OCT.31st, I've never heard of that show. I remember my mom taking white jogging outfits & using black shoe polish to dot the outifts w/ so my sis & me could be dalmation puppies, she even had us a tail fixed. Of course our hair was in pig tails too.  
Now a lot of churches decorate there car trunks w/ Halloween stuff & fill it full of candy so the little kids can just come up & walk around the parking lot & go from car trunk to car trunk loading up on candy!!! Theres so much to do, like a small carival almost w/ all the games & of course the hay rides but it's so dry the farmers may be saving the hay for this winter for the cows to eat, I guess they'll just use blankets to cover the trailors with so the kids can still have fun!!!
I'm not sure, I like to get rid of things when I'm finished w/ whatever it is like a swing,carseat,crib & so on. So if we stop w/ our Jordan then I could really clean out once he has used the stuff but since I've not made up my mind on the # yet I guess I'll just keep it for a while longer, I just hate having stuff stored up b/c someone else could use it, our kids will be close enough together this time that I didn't have anything stored up too long, but I just can't decide if I want more or not & when I want to try for another one if we deicide to!! Decisions, Decisions. I hope DS#1 likes the ideal of us bringing home a baby Jordan soon :) I'll let ya know on that one LOL
Who is lucygoosy? I keep looking for a post by lucylocket, but I don't see any.
LOL....thats "lucylocket" her and i have just gotten kind of friendly along the way here on the forum and i call her that. i think it started from a sex/orgasm Q, i'm not sure. just call me weird!! LOL!
That's who I thought it was, but I don't see anything from her on this thread, so I was confused.

I guess I'm still confused, but that's pretty typical!
OMG....i am the one who is confused!! it was redrose and i addressed her as lucy...man, you dont miss a beat!! funny, i STILL didnt notice even at a second glance.
i dont know why but i have gotten those two confused before even though their names arent even close. i think maybe they have similiar situations, tones and writing styles. owell. thanks for catching that.
Hahahahaa! Island wrote to her too, so I didn't know what was going on!! I thought it was another case of disappearing posts. But for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what lucy would have said for them to be deleted!!
yes, i know...IP wrote to "her" too and threw me for a loop.
the mystery has been solved! good thing this is an open forum.
IP said......quiet honestly i wanted it to be a MC ,stupid of me yea i know,.... but it's i say to all my lovely ladies who had MC, as dump as it sounds count MC as a blessing, because at least you still know you could conceive,

nice try lucy but she meant the mc as a blessing because it meant she could still conceive. i did say in mt post that i think she means well but things dont come out right when she does. she needs to give things more thought. i bet she has people say a lot "open mouth, insert foot"
i think the other poster nailed it by saying IP says things "off the wall"
what does halloween mean??? i keep trying to figure out what for the longest while????
Straigh from wikipedia:

Halloween is a holiday celebrated on the night of October 31, usually by children dressing in costumes and going door-to-door collecting candy. It is celebrated in much of the Western world, though most commonly in the United States, Ireland, Scotland and Canada. Irish, Scots and other immigrants brought older versions of the tradition to North America in the 19th century.