Oral Sex and Yeast Infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Oral Sex and Yeast Infection

This may sound crazy, but the only time I seem to get a yeast infection is after receiving oral sex. If my boyfriend goes down 3 or 4 nights in a row I start developing one. I was just wondering if anyone else has expierencied this, or knows if there could possibly be something in his mouth causing this. (Obviously I would notice and not let him go there if is something I could see) Any suggestions would be great.

The human mouth is a teeming resevoir for yeast.  Oral sex can seem to lead to yeast in lots of women, while many are never bothered by it.  

You can try washing your outer parts off very well afterwards with a gentle vinegar/water solution which will help restore the ph that discourages yeast overgrowth.  Keep the area clean and dry afterwards.  
Don't use pantiliners, and wear loose cotton panties.

Hope this helps.
  Not to get too graphic, but I have a concern about recurrent yeast infections.  I have experienced 4 in the past 5 months and am becoming really concerned because when I type "recurrent yeast infections" in the search engine, HIV comes up all over the place.
  Monistat clears it up but they seem to be coming almost immediately after sex.  well, not immediately, but very soon after.  The first one occurred with a new brand of condom, the second one after the saran wrap incident (if u remember), the third after a very hot tanning salon session (no sex there, just ungodly heat) and this current one occurred using a lubricant which I've never used before.
  My question really is this:  Frequently when I have sex, my partner somestimes misses the right hole and like his penis touches near my behind, not inserting it there, but it's still touching?  Can yeast infections be caused by this, i.e., after his penis accidently rubs the but hole (sorry!!) and then he puts it in the vagina?  Please respond because I can't think of any other "normal" reason for this.  I'm really worried because on the back of the Monistat box it says something about recurrent yeast infections and HIV.  Please Respond!!  Thank you.
Pan
Undiagnosed diabetes is MUCH more likely to cause recurrent yeast infections than HIV.  

If you are concerned about either condition, a simple blood test can rule out both of those things during a visit to your health care provider and set your mind at ease.

Lots and lots of women have recurrent yeast infections.  It can be due to lots of things.  Simple things you can do are to wear loose cotton panties, don't wear pantiliners, don't use feminine hygeine sprays or powders.  Don't douche frequently, if you MUST douche for some reason, make it a simple vinegar/water douche (helps restore the normal acidity to the vagina. These are available commercially.) Don't even do that frequently, though.  
Eat lots of natural yogurt if you can stomach it.  Garlic can sometimes help, too.  There is even a site that recommends putting peeled cloves in your vagina, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to do that.  Can you imagine???

Some women find they get yeast infections after oral sex.  Rinse off afterwards with a weak vinegar/water solution and then air dry.  

I don't think what you described would be a big problem or the vast majority of women would have the same thing.
I was once told by my Pharmacist that eating yogurt while on certain antibiotics can cause some wicked yeast infections..
Just some food for thought. (no pun intended)
yeast infections can be caused by anal to vaginal contact, even if there is no penetration.  new idea...shower sex!
Gee a shower, why didn't I think of that one myself!
wow everyone! U all seem so kind here,I just got my second yeast infection and my mother was so mean to me about it. I felt so bad i cired because i had to call a friend to help me out because i had no money. I wish i would have came here. U all are so kind to eachother.
Your mom was mean to you because you had a yeast infection? That is terrible!
I assume you are a teenager and teen girls NEED guidance and support from their moms so much. I am glad you had a friend to turn to, but feel free to come here anytime you need to and post a question or whatever. I also wanted to let you know that most counties have Health Depts. which will offer free women's health check-ups and planned parenthood for B.C. and such.
We'll be here to listen if you ever need help.
i dont understand why she was mean to you? not an excuse but..does she feel that if you get a yeast infection its caused by sex? does she suspect you are sexually active and is upset? i really dont know but like joanna said, come back here and post anytime if you need help/advice. yeast infections are caused by a number of reasons that you cannot help. i wish a yeast infection on no one. they are NOT fun. if you go to the drug store, you can get a treatment that is a store brand that doesnt cost as much. id say no more than $7 ?
sorry, i was a bit generous on the cost. i just went out to buy some and the store brand for the 3 day cream was 12.99. wishful thinking i guess.
I haven't sex for a long time. Then it was just one night I met with this guy. Wh went down on me, and also fingering me for a long time. The next day my vagina was itiching. It was a yeast infection. I'v had one in months. I took a warm bath with pure ivory soap and douch with some vingar and water. Thinking that would HELP! It still itiching. Know 'm thinking twice to have oral sex again.
queenfee, i got my first yeast infection when i was fourteen. i had never done anything remotely sexual. i didn't even know what it was until i told my mom about the discomfort. maybe your mother just has some misinformation about the causes of yeast infection...? regardless, she absolutely should not have been angry with you. it could have been caused by any number of things and it happens to every woman.
oceans3,  i do recall buying a 7-day Target brand medication once for 8.99, so you weren't far off; just have to shell out a few more bucks for the quicker fix. a girl i spoke to recently at the drugstore said they are no longer recommending the one-day treatments as they are apparently less effective in completely clearing up the infection. (to support her claims, i initially ignored her advice and bought one anyway, and sure enough a few weeks later it was back!)
one preventive measure you can take is an over-the-counter pill called AZO Yeast. if you take one a day it will help prevent future infections, although i'm sure they may still occur from time to time (just part of the fun of being a woman! LOL).
i recieve oral sex by someone and wasnt aware at the time that i had a yeast infection. will the person be affected?
I know this might sound crazy but has anyone ever got a yeast after receiving oral sex from someone that had a cough drop in their mouth? Last week while my kids were in school my husband performed oral sex on me while he has a cough drop in his mouth. Later that evening when we went to be we had regular intercourse. The next day I started getting a yeast infection. I've used the one day treatment, it didn't work. Now I'm using the 7 day. Someone, please tell me I'm crazy.
Hi, how's the thrush situation going for you?  I used to get it A LOT!  As it is a yeast infefection I looked at my diet.  I found that it was Crown Larger beer over any other that was causing the thrush - I was also having lots of sex with a new partner at the time.  Things are not always at face value.  Antibiotics can give you thrush, anal to vaginal also can without penetration but the bacterium needs to already be there, Um, high yeast products can do it.  There are many reasons.  Experiment with diet and sex.  Maybe halve the oral sex you receive and see if it helps.  Look at your diet.  Some women are just extremely sensitive or allergic and natural/diet/sexual intervention tailored to you should help you have a healthy, yet symptom free, sex and health life.  Good luck, let me know how your going :)
it was probably just the oral sex, NOT the cough drop :)
Hey girl....don't stress...I have a suggestion.  Ask for a pap smear.  It turned out that my "recurrent yeast infections" was actually Bacterial Vaginosis...which I contracted after the birth of my daughter....My husband and I were both put on Flagyl (the partner can keep passing it back to you without ever having symptoms).  Its GONE!

:)  Hope that helps!
hey i was wondering if you can help me...I have a yeast infection and i want to get rid of it..is there anything i can take that can make this go away now...and can you catch a yeast infection if you performed oral sex on someone who have a yeast infection? Please help me out here im a lil confused about this.
My husband drinks beer a few times a week and if he performs oral sex on me I do get a yeast infection but not the next day.  Usually a week later.  I will not let him down there until I find a way to stop this .... I do eat yougart 3x a week and take a probiotic daily.. Still get the yeast infection from oral ...
IF A GIRL HAS YEAST INFECTION AND A BOY GOES DOWN ON HER WILL HE GET IT????
My "Moo-Moo" Has been irrtated for about a week.(Chapped & Dry)..I went to the Dr & was told I had a yeast Infection! (Oh by the way I was Checked for Herpes two diffrent times before this because I have a small bump near my clit which has been there for a month, Both test were neg!)  I have gotten treatment for my infection and its getting better but my boyfriend now has chapped,dry skin In-Between his scrotum & anus. We have never had unprotected sex together.My questions are...
1.Could he have gotten the yeast infection from Oral sex?
2.Could he have gotten it from my wetness touching him?
3.Should he use the same cream Im using?

Thank you all for taking time to read this!

-M
he should use the same cream as you he probably got it when he was having sex with you
hey everyone. help me out here please. i tried getting tested for herpes today but well they told me to come back another time. the symptoms to herpes and a yeast infection seem very similar. so im having a tough time here. so ive had oral sex about a week and a half ago with the same kid ive been having it with for about 4 months now. ive been on and off with him since the beginning of last year. so a week and a half ago he went down on me. now i have 2 blisters on my vagina, irritation, burning sensation, it burns more when i pee, yellowish discharge, sometimes crusty, and white clumpy sticky discharge on my vagina. please tell me this is a yeast infection and not herpes. please please. when any of u gotten yeast infections did u get a sore throat and lose ur voice? i did but this happened sat night after i was in the car with my girls singing loudly to the radio. so maybe its a coincidence. ive been tired lately too. that could be a coincidence too. SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND BACK ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE.
I dont think blisters or bumps are a symptom of yeast infections. If you have herpes and your boyfriend is performing oral sex on you he is going to get herpes on his mouth, in turn, you will get herpes on your mouth, that could be the reason for your sore throat. Did you look in your mouth to see if you have sores in there?
This past weekend, after a party, my boyfriend performed oral sex on me. He had been drinking beer all night. Now i have a yeast infection. Could it be from all the yeast in the beer? ... HELP!
about 3 weeks ago i had an abortion and i have yet to stop bleeding which means i have to wear pads very frequently. recently, i have developed a very uncomfortable itch down there and i'm not sure if its a yeast infection. i haven't seen any discharge, but then again that could be due to the light bleeding. also, this itch started right around the time my boyfriend performed oral sex for the first time on me..
does anyone think the constant wearing of pads, the bleeding, and the oral sex is correlated with the itch and if it means i have a yeast infection?
HI every one!:)

okay well first of let me begin by saying Im a 16 almost 17 year old teen girl. I have been with my boyfriend for quite some time now. I evperienced my first yeast infection earlier this year as a result of "fooling around"(no intercourse) with my boyfriend. I eventuially had to tell my mom about the symtoms (symptoms) I was having because the itching was driving me crazy! I put off telling her however for about 4 days after i started having symtoms (symptoms) so my yeast infection got really bad. When I was talking to my mom she was understanding and took me to get medicine. But then being the nurse she is she started asking me all these questions about if I have had sex or if I had done any thing related to it....You know the whole SHABANG!. I denied it out of fear of what she would say and with suspicions she finally decided to drop it. OKay now with that said.This month I lost my virginity.Dont want to get graphic but when we had sex my boyfriend also performed oral . A few days after This happened I wated to see signs of a yeast infection because last time he did that I got one. Lucky for me there were no signs.

However a week and a half later we atempted to have protected sex again but I suddenly had this horriable pain and had to stop. The next day I began having a little of that cottage cheasy discharge but there was no itching. I used a yeast infection cream and then the discharge went away within the next day. Unfortunatly now im starting to have mild itching discharge and oder. which all adds up to the OH so wonderful Yeast infection!=/ But now that I know I most likley have one I'm afraid to ask my mom for a monistat or something because Im not ready to tell her ive had sex yet and I know if i say anything she will ask. Plus I just had one a few months ago! man idk(i dont know) what to do
Im just confused teen trying to figure out how to tell her mom that her "little princess" isn't a virgin any more! Im a nervous wreck!

what should i do?

please help me!  
Tell Your Mom! AND ALWAYS use protection, At your age I was pregnant, and trust me I wish I had a mom as caring as yours seems. Don't be afraid to tell her, obviously you weren't afraid to have sex though. So if you didn't do anything wrong there should be no problem telling her.

::Never do anything you don't want posted in your community newspaper the next day!* Chances are you'll later regret it!
i had a yeast infection before when i gave birth to my kids ..the doctor said..infection is imbeded in a person's body..u can cure it with medicines but it will come and go..and now i have a yeast infection again coz i wear liners everyday..but no worries coz i have cream ready..
I really love oral sex...how can i avoid not having yeast infection after sex...it will drive me crazy with oral sex..please comment about this..thanks
Did u know this is an old post re-post a knew entry use a vinegar mixture after oral.
i can state for a fact the 1-day creams do NOT work!! i used one and the symptoms went aways and my Hubby and i had sex. Now he has one too and my symptoms are back. i went to the doctor and it is a yeast infection and she recommended the 7 day treatment.

i wanted to ask, and i didn't ask the doctor, too embarrassed i guess:

Can you get an oral yeast infection from oral sex?
Drinking beer does not cause yeast infections.  Receiving cunnilingus after someone else has been drinking beer also does not cause yeast infections.  Same goes for consuming bread, nutritional yeast, and so on.  Candida albicans yeast are a normal part of the human body's intestinal flora.  Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a completely different genus and species of yeast that survives and multiplies in very different conditions.  It's true that both are yeasts, but the difference between the two is much the same as the difference between a tomato and the fruit of the deadly nightshade.
My boyfriend gave me oral sex 2 nights ago. The next morning I woke up with my panty soaking with clear vaginal discharge. It didnt smell funny, it was just clear, water like discharge and alot of it! I took a shower, washed with cleansing gel for the vagina. I have to use pantiliners, cant go about my day changing panties all day. I woke up with the same soaking pantiliner today as well. I'm getting really worried about this. This has never happened to me before. Just so you know i'm sexually not active as yet. Can anyone help me????
I have this problem, i had this yeast infection for a while and im getting rid of it but only on occasion. It comes back, and it's very irritating because I try everything. my physician tells me its sugar, and hey! i love sugar, but i have been cutting back. I'm also on probiotics and that helps too. but its still coming.
Bottom line, I have two questions: 1) is this normal? and 2) (which is my main question) my boyfriend and I are up to our, approximately, fifth or sixth time having sex. I have given him oral sex pleanty of times and he is really requesting to repay me. But I am way too embarrassed if my yeast infection will come back RIGHT when he goes down on me because my yeast infection is coming back very quickly. I'm really curious because my girlfriends tell me when they get their oral sex done to them, that it is the most amazing feeling and I am missing out on that. What do you suggest? Do I continue rejecting him when he requests to go down on me, or do I suck it up and let him???

Also, not to mention, yeast infection causes bad oder, so I don't want him to be disturbed by that...
Well I'm 17 and I had my first yeast infection... And I weent to planned parenthood and well they gave me some cream to use a 7 day treatment and I don't know what I should do afterwards like clean it all up the next day or what I'm so confused I can't go to my family they'll be super mad that I ain't a virgin.
Hello everyone it has been year that I have not been a virgin. When I first lost my virginity I went to the gyn and was told I had a bacterial and yeast infection which they consider normal for firts timers. Since I have been having sex I get constant yeast infections, the doctors would diagnose and then it will come back! I heard that some ladies bodies produce too much yeast so these infections are normal. I don't know what's going on, my gyn didn't mention any std but I'm really concerned about my health. I have also been getting boils on pelvic area not in the vagina! Could that be a problem too? Please help!
my boy friend said he felt burning when he pee after having sex with me, and he charged that I must have sex contact with somebody else, what could be the problem?
IM WORRIED THAT I COUL OF GOTTEN MY HUS. SICK HE PERFORMED ORAL SEX OFTEN, I GONE TO DR. I HAVE  LEVEL 2 ABNORMAL CELL PAP, BUT I AM SOOO WORRIED I COULD OF PASSED SOME BACTERIA, OR OVERGROWTH YEAST. WHAT BLOODTEST CAN I HAVE HIM TAKE, TO FIND OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL, HES ALWAY BERPPING, BLOTTING, SOME TIMES FEVER... HOW CAN I HELP THE MAN WHO I LOVE SO MUCH FROM GETTING ANYTHING FROM ME :(
First things up, I'm nearly 17 and I'm from the UK (I know thats pretty irrelevant but you guys have planned parenthood or something, and we don't!) I have recently been seeing a guy who I really like .. He has only ever received oral sex off a girl once before, he is a virgin ect. I am also a virgin but I had been fingered and had received oral sex from one guy before getting to know the guy I'm seeing now.
Well we get on really well and we began to have sexual contact. I have given him oral sex 7ish times, he fingers me a lot and he recently asked if he could go down on me. I said yes. He did do this twice (both times we were outside at night) He did it once on Friday night and again on Saturday night.
Now, on Sunday my vagina (more-so my labia minora) was itchy and I scratched it, not thinking anything of it really. Well come Sunday night, My right side of my labia was swollen and bigger than the left side. (this may be due to me scratching it?) There was a burning feeling, and when I checked myself out with a mirror, I saw a white sticky discharge-y substance right in the opening of my vagina. It wasn't uncomfortable to urinate. The discharge had tiny white lumps in it and was 'bitty'. This really freaked me out! I got some sensitive wipes. and cleaned up my vagina, I also took a warm bath and washed down there with a sensitive, pH balanced feminine wash. I decided to leave it be then and I slept in a nighty with no underwear on. This morning (Monday) I woke up and checked again, the swelling seems to have gone down but it is still itchy. I then applied a pea-sized amount of Canesten cream (treats fungal infections). There are no signs of improvement at this point in time.
I have researched and I'm going to cut out sugary foods for a start, and I now know, bathing isn't a good plan.
Although our genitals haven't touched, is there a chance that the guy im seeing may catch it? - Because we've given each other oral sex?
And can I help it myself or MUST I see a Doctor?

:( My mum really can't find out! :'( Help. Please? x
so i have thrush and it seemed to be clearing up, my boyfriend asked if he could go down on me and i let him, im so scared he will get it in his mouth now, will he defiantly get it :( ? please help?!!!!!!
some women are prone to yeast infections, eat lots of yougart, use summers eve wash. eat lots of yougart if you are on antibotics
hey ladies im a male and i love going down on my wife but now she is starting to get alot of yeast infection. i dont no what the hell to do is it me? or is it her? i need some help or some kind of feed back PLEASE REPLY ANYONE.
me and my boyfriend had sex but he didn't nut in me..so a couple of days later my period came on and my vagina started itching and i put some cream on it and it stopped.after then i started having white discharge from my vagina and now im seeing some little brown spots my vagina..also my sex partner said he has been tested and is clean..please help.im scared to ask my parent for help if its nothing wrong
My husband and I had oral sex last night and I think he was sucking to hard. Does that cause the vagina to swell ???
A brown discharge could possibily be an STD. But the brown spotting could also be left over blood thats releasing from the body.
okay ive been on birth control and ive been having this ichy swelling inside my vigina (vagina) and i think its a yeast infectiton but what i want to know is my friend have one to and her boyfriend wants to give her oral sex and finger her also and i wanted to know that can you recieve oral sex if you have a yeast infection with out anything going on ? cause im scraed to ask my mom cause i dont know what to say and im scared that she is going to get mad at me so can anyone helpme out
Okay ... well, I've been having this trouble swallowing since June 2010.  So I've been to countless doctors appointments. Some said allergies, some said acid reflux, one said somethin about tiny holes in my tonsils that have always been there.  Sooooo I've taken medicine for all of these symptoms that they suggested and none of them worked.  Now I've had an UGI (barrium swallow) and I guess there was nothing that the doctor could see in that.  It got really bad a couple weeks ago so I went to the ER. They said they couldn't help me right then and there and I just need to make follow ups with my doctor and get an endoscopy. Well, I'm sick of all this waiting!  Anyways ... the ER doctor made the suggestion that it could possibly be a yeast infection in my esophagus.  I made a doctor's appointment so I can get a referral to get that endoscopy done, but I was wondering ... Say my boyfriend performed Oral sex on me while I had a yeast infection (there was this time I had one and I didn't even know! so this might have happened again) ... could he have gotten it in his mouth and then passed it back to me in my mouth??? I don't have any oral thrush but maybe just in the esophagus. Now recently he has also been having touble swallowing solid foods. Not as bad as me, where I've been living off of ensure and tomato soup ... Ahhhh! This is so aggravating. He also has this rash on his neck that has been there since a little bit before this started happening to me.  The docotr gave him anti-fungal cream and it has really cleared up!!
I was reading the above posts and I feel a bit sad that so many young women find it difficult to communicate with their parents out of fear of rejection. It shouldn't be this way. Anyway over the counter anti-fungal creams work very well, the three day works just as well as the 7 day treatment in well reputed studies, so either or is good. To prevent yeast infections don't leave wet clothes on for long periods, change liners often or remove them mid day. I'm not going to go through all the things you should do to prevent yeast infections because you seem to have the handle on that. Here are some other things to prevent yeast:

*For oral sex use a dental dam. It's like flavored saran wrap. It creates a barrier  between your vagina and his/her ;mouth fluids.
*Treatment for men include prescription Diflucan. This medication cures yeast infections in most men. Get both you and your partner treated so you don't play yeast ping pong. Men are carriers but usually don't show symptoms.
*Do NOT have sex during a yeast infection, your skin is very tender and the risk for tearing is multipled, consequently extending the life of the yeast infection and putting you at risk for other infections like bacterial vaginosis.
*Do NOT douch with vinegar unless it's handed to you by a health professional. Many people don't knonw the concentration it should be and that can change the flora for the vagina and make infections worse.
*Over the counter things to prevent yeast are AZO which can be found in any drug store.
*Find a free STD clinic in your zip code and get both you and your partner tested. Call the health department and they can give you information.
*Consider the fact that you may be allergic to latex condoms. Swith to animal skin or non-latex condoms. Keep in mind that animal skin condoms are more porous than latex and can transmit certain stds.

In conclusion, sex is not a bad thing, it's enjoyable, makes us feel good and the close contact makes us feel 'human'. But please protect yourself and your partner. A relationship is a two way thing and the both of you should be able to have open discussions about your intimate relationship. Good luck everyone.
I'm pregnant and recently was diagnosed with a bladder infection (very painful) and a yeast infection as well. I am on an antibiotic and have a topical cream as well. Anyway, to answer your question about oral sex and the other person being affected well yes it's possible. A few days ago my husband gave me oral and in the next few days he received a bad sore throat. Little did we know that it was from the infection that I had because I had no idea I had it until I ended up in the hospital.
I keep getting reaccurent yeast infections and this is not normal. Ive gotten 5 in the the last 4 months. I use monisat or canesten or whatever the. M.D perscribed but in a few weeks it woyld come right back. This time around the M.D perscribed me a pill. Diflucan 150 mg per day x 10 days then once a week x 6 months. I thought this was excessive but this is the dosage used to treat persistent yeast infections. I also looked it up just to make sure. The doctor is sending me for blood test to check for diabetes and anemia. (kind of scary) she said people with those conditions are more likely to have this problem...So far I'm on day 3 of my treatment...and I'm having side effects of the medication abdominal pain and little bit of diarrhea. Just to be on the safe side I stopped having sex with my husband until he gets retested for std and told him to get treated for a yeast infection. Eventhough he shows no symptoms (men usually don't show signs) Yes men can have or get yeast infections too. It doesn't make any sense for me to get cleared up and get re-infected by having sex with him. And if he doesn't have, then there's no harm done. 1.5 years ago he gave me a std (trichomonase) he was the only person I ever had sex with. (and once again he showed no signs or symptoms. It was cured with a one time does of antibiotic. He said he was never unfaithful to me during our relationship. So you could see why I'm so concerened everytime I have a yeast infection..I just wanted to share my story. There might be others who can benifit from it or who are going through the same thing.
Did this one post
If anyone could help me out with this...thank you

I'm pretty sure I have a vaginal yeast infection, and if I do it's the second in 3 months.

Is it possible that my partner is giving it to me through oral sex? She often has bad, sometimes even yeasty smelling breath, even within an hour of brushing his teeth. And I've read that people who have metabolic issues or poor nutrition are more likely to have oral yeast infections, and she's hypoglycemic and a vegetarian who doesn't eat enough good food. Does it sound like she could have one? Can she have one without really knowing? If she does, could he be causing my vaginal yeast infections?

...I have no idea how to bring this up with her, haha
How can you tell if you got a yeast infection
@Queenfe same here I told my elder sis about mine and she basically call me a ***** because I had one sex isn't the only way women get yeast infections
I got a yest infection about a week ago. How it happened was my boyfriend wanted to give me oral and normaly its fine but he also used his fongers now in the past i jave gotten a yeast infection by fingers.but this one is inside and out but its not horribly itchy only befpre bed. I talked to my mom,and she gave me the one pill a doctor prpscribes you its been around two days since i took it and now my vigina (vagina) is very dry irritated and itchy what does this meen
ok hi im a guy...so i ate ma girl out (sorry) but after tat we had sex with a condom and den with out for like 5 seconds.and den i put the condom back on and den off again/= sorry..the next day ma penis was hurtin on ma tip.and she was hurtin to down there..so what does this mean??i need help plz/= i dont know what to do.
My boyfriend was just diagnosed with mono dr says he has had is a few months which brings me bk to prom nite...u know dancing all nite an sweating?? Bacteria maybe?? Well afterwards we went to a hotel...we have been together almost 2 years...ok so we had sex of course an  there was oral sex...is there anyway mono could have caused yeast infection??..could it had been just the heat an sweat from dancing?? Or also a new condom that we used??
I'm having this very irritating discharge I been to the clinic but they say its not a yeast infection bacteria infection or std I'm so confused what can it be.....
for the past 3 days ive been having mild itching no burning but a very small amount of thick discharge im thinking it is a mild yeast infection would monistat one be effective in my case? I dnt feel like seeing a doc bc it is very mild I would rather purchase something otc.
So I recently began to start having sex again and I'm allergic to latex but I still wear them I recently had a yeast infection and I used monistat the seven day treatment waited a week after all the symptoms were gon had intercourse Saturday night after going to the water park and today I woke up with a yellow discharge that doesn't smell nor itch or burn. Looked it up on google and it said t can be signs of early pregnancy but can also be an infection can someone please help me
I believe that I may have a yeast infection. But I was wondering if its just possible to get one from being touched while messing around. There was no (pardon) penis insertion but deffinetly hands. && if this is possible can you also get a yeast infec. from going from anal to vaginal intercorse?

Thank you!
The day after me and my boyfriend performed oral sex on each other I began to notice that I would start to itch down there but I didn't think anything of it and then I started to notice the chunky white-ish discharge soo I checked myself out in the mirror so I could really see what was goin on. Since I had never received a yeast infection I informed my mom and she told me what was goin on and gave me the vagisil cream yo help.

How long does it usually take for vagisil to clear a yeast infection?
So I believe I have yeast infection but I was wondering what would happen if my bf ate me out? Would he get something??
Though it may seem strange to some of you, garlic does help. Do your research-there are many sites who recommend a garlic clove. Don't be afraid to try home remedies that work. Remember-if it's safe enough to eat, it can't be as bad as putting chemicals into your body. Food for thought!
Yea thank you guys so much. I though it was just me because after my boyfriend gave me oral sex 3 nights ago, I started itching up a storm the next morning. Its wasnt until the next day I linked my symptoms to a yeast infection. The idiot was eating sour cream and onion Potato chips before he started so I shudda said no, but who says no to oral lol. Well now im paying for it, thanks ladies for giving me that confirmation.
My man ate me out so much until my vagina is swollen and seems like i have a extra clit now whats up with that
I performed oral sex on a girl with a rash on her vagina. And a week later I started coughing and I also developed pink eye. Sum weeks after that I develop sore throatand diarrhea now its almost the months later and I have had mouth sores itchy red skin sores.weight loss and tiredness could this be candida  
Can anybody help me. I have discharge dat doesnt smell but it do itch from time to time. But my biggest problem is bleedin after sex wit my boyfriend. Somebody please help me
So after my boyfriend has gone down on me the next day I get all itchy but I'm itchy for a few days. Is there anyway to make the itching go away after it has started? I'm dying right now :/
Hello girls,
No baths during yeast infections! They love the water. Also the use of a hair dryer is helpful. Instead try a hot water bottle where it feels nice and keep yourself warm.

Yeast infections are caused by many different factors, but the most root cause is the levels of helpful bacteria and the pH levels in the vagina. Helpful bacteria keep the yeast down. Also taking acidophilus and other helpful bacteria may be very beneficial. You can buy the pills at the health food store, most pharmacies, and grocery stores.

As for the pH levels, we want a more alkaline environment. This means actually staying away from sugar, vinegar and alcohol while you are getting them. As well, eating an alkaline diet is good for your whole body, which means lots of greens and stay away from acidic foods like coffee and cola. You can look up a list of alkaline foods.
You may need to try a couple of rounds of the cream. Good luck.
Hello girls,

Baths are terrible for yeast infections because of the moisture. Using a blow dryer for your genitals is good, the dryer the better.
Yeast infections are caused by many different factors, but the most root cause of the infection is the level of helpful bacteria and the pH levels in the vagina. Helpful bacteria keep the yeast down. Taking acidophilus and other helpful bacteria may be very beneficial. You can buy the pills at the health food store, most pharmacies, and grocery stores.

As for the pH levels, we want a more alkaline environment. This means actually staying away from sugar, vinegar and alcohol while you are getting yeast infections. As well, eating an alkaline diet is good for your whole body, which means lots of greens and stay away from acidic foods like coffee and cola. You can look up a list of alkaline foods.
good luck, and it may take a couple of rounds of anti yeast creams. Taking strong pain killers can help you get through the day.
Hey girl, welcome to the wonderful world of sex and infections, I'm 35 and still dont have it figured out! Ok so you don't need your mom to get monistat, you can go to a pharmacy, any one and it will be in the tampon/condom/feminine hygyne isle. There are 1, 3, 5, and 7 day inserts. Pick which ever you want, but I find 1 day isn't great. Secondly, your mom is gonna find out your having sex sometime, you are at that age, its natural,dont freak. Just ALWAYS use condoms and make sure that boy is good to you and respects you!!!  Also you should go to see a gyno or a clinic for a check up and exam if you are sexually active.
you have given such great perspective and advice i have no comment. Really....everything she has said is the proper method. Although u may feel ur mom "hates" u now, she doesnt....she hates the fact her "baby" is growing up. always care for yourself.....noone else can take care of u the way u can. Please, please, please go get checked and medicated....chances r while u feel now itsd the worse thing youve ever had to face....it's not./....Imagine being diagnosed with aids...sumthing untreatable as well as uncurable....consider urself lucky and  do what u need to do for YOU as well as ur next partners.
I really need to know that if my boyfriend went down on me while I had a yeast infection and I didnt know can he get it ? im really concerned for him I wouldn't want to give him anything ily him too much plz help
Can u help cure a yeast infection by giving oral sex
I would like to know can you get a yeast infection by have oral sex and using a sucker?
Hi,I'm sorry this is graphic...

I'm a teenager I've had sex a few times with the same guy I've never had any problems really, I had sex almost 5 months ago with a guy who I know was clear with no protection. I used to masturbate almost everyday until I got my first yeast infection. After my first I still did about every 3 days and I received what I think was one again. I believe its from using lubricant. I try not to as much anymore but it hurts when I do, and my lips of my vagina are almost always red and swollenish as well as the inner parts of the outside of my vagina. I'm SO scared and don't know what to do!! Also does anyone know how to stop masturbating its so addicting
my bf gave me oral and the next day complained about his throat hurting , and now i think i have a yeast infection . im really scared
I have a question .okay I'm a virgin ,almost 18 and I have a small  pimple looking bump almost on the inside of my vagina  but its on the left vagina lip or whatever its called and I was wondering what could it be
Can anyone get pregnent due to oral sex
I recieved oral sex from a guy that had been drinking beer. Is there anyway that the yeast from the beer couold have been in his mouth and transferred to my vagina therefor giving me a yeast infection?
Guys get yeast infections too. They just can't always SEE the symptoms as women do. I would take your guys to the doctor with you and mention how the bf/guy is connected. Also, gonnerhea and chlamydia cause recurrent yeast infections; BUT, both are CUREABLE.
Usually antibiotics alone cause yeast infections. Next time any doctor wants to put you (reader) on antibiotics, tell them you have recurring yeast infections, and they will usually prescribe a preventative yeast treatment.
Have your guy mouthwash before he goes down on you. If you give oral mouthwash yourself, just lowers the chances of getting yeast infections. I started doing this 2 years ago. Before then, I had yeast 10 to 12 times a year. Now, maybe twice a year! ;)
I keep getting a yeast infection. if i let someone perform oral sex on me while im infection will they get it
Okay so me and my boyfriend had sex just a few weeks ago and he broke my virginity , everytime i go o er there he gives me oral sex and fingers me after i get home i get that yeast infection feeling and feel really bad , i go to school with it its horrible , i take cranberry pills and it helps alil a few days ago i fibgered my self then a while later ot started to come back worse , what do i do? is this gunna happen to me everytine i have sex,oral,or fingered?
omg my mom was mean & saying ew thats gross who gets yeast infections and im like ok mom its not that gross .. geez i sware my mom acts so childish about diseases and health problems i get.
I love the attitude on here can I ask a random question I just got my first yeast infection and told my dad about it (that was an akward convo) and I have been taking amoxocilin for a tooth infection so I called my dentist office and told them and they called in a perscription in for the yeast infection itself its called fluconazole its one pill taken oraly. Have any of you heard of it? I took it 2 days ago and am wondering when it will start to show signs of recovery. And another thing I seem to feel relief when I masterbate. And I always feel horny like I need to is it normal to feel that way and to do it?
Hi! There's a medication called AZO yeast! The best. Is not expensive! ;)
I have not been "officially" diagnosed with a yeast infection, but I'm almost certain that I had one. And my boyfriend gave me oral sex, he now is suffering from canker sores on his tongue could it be my yeast infection that produced that?
Im not sure if i have a yeast infection hopefully u guys can help me out. Well for starters my vagina has been killing me its sooo itchy and i have this cottage cheese non odor discharge on my panties
What do u guys think?
it can be a yeast infection. we all have yeast in our body but it is up to us to control what we eat to control the yeast. I would recommend to stop eating starches and carbs for a week it should clear up on its own. but if your eating a lot of dairy and starches(bread) no matter how much medicine you use the yeast infection will be reoccurring. you have to make your body a horrible habitat for yeast. no bread no dairy at least one week and also look into anti fungal medications
Hi. I read your post and wanted to know if you ever got a response about this. I am experiencing the exact same scenario right now. Can oral sex from either of us be giving me a yeast infection. I am going to the doctor tomorrow and just wanted to ask first.
Ok, Im not sure if im just overly wet, ovulating or I have a yeast infection. After sex I take the precautions (clean it up rt away).  But because there is still leakage n I dont want it running down my leg or what have u. I wear a pantyliner.n when I do cleanse,i tend to wash my VJJ first w/a antibacterial soap(just for the hairy are) then w/ a vaginal wash. Then I cleanse everywhere else w/ my regular soap. I also have ceast of the ovaries (PCOS) n it comes w/ many differ problems. I recently had the marina put in ( dont want any more kids rt now). N normally my cycle will come like clock work. (are women pron to yeat infection before or after this?) I may get the oral sex 1 or 2 times a month. But when I do, I have multiple orgasams more than 3. Im just giving u all the detail sorry. I like to lay it out. But I have a ob/gyn but I have no funds pay for an appt at this Ok, Im not sure if im just overly wet, ovulating or I have a yeast infection. After sex I take the precautions (clean it up rt away).  But because there is still leakage n I dont want it running down my leg or what have u. I wear a pantyliner.n when I do cleanse,i tend to wash my VJJ first w/a antibacterial soap(just for the hairy are) then w/ a vaginal wash. Then I cleanse everywhere else w/ my regular soap. I also have ceast of the ovaries (PCOS) n it comes w/ many differ problems. I recently had the marina put in ( dont want any more kids rt now). N normally my cycle will come like clock work. (are women pron to yeat infection before or after this?) I may get the oral sex 1 or 2 times a month. But when I do, I have multiple orgasams more than 3. Im just giving u all the detail sorry. I like to lay it out. But I have a ob/gyn but I have no funds pay for an appt to talk or visit this timetime.  
Oh!my jacuzzi tub is my toy 50% of the time. Could this be cause of yeast infection? Or any that I named above in the previous,post be a cause.
Can a yeast infection be confused with bv ?? I have been to tht doctor the last two times I went I had a uti . Now I think I got a yeast infection . Because of the symptoms . Yes I am having sex . Bhut this is my first yeast infection & I half to wear a panties liner . Is tht a good or bad thang to do ?? Help me please !
I definitely have a yeast infection, and I've had it for about a week. I think it started after I received oral sex from a guy friend of mine. I took a one-dose pill that my doctor prescribed me because he was iffy about the medicine I'm on, and he thought it could give me a yeast infection. But, I'm almost positive I started getting the yeast infection before I got on the meds... How long will this last? I'm getting kind of scared since I took the pill 3 days ago. I have another one in my cabinet, and I'm debating whether I should take it tomorrow... Please help me!! Also, I'm 15 and my mother would kill me if she knew I'd received oral sex so I can't bring that up to her. I just need some advice so I can get through this!!
So I have a yeast infection while I'm on my period and it is the most uncomfortable thing ever. I had been using vagisil wipes and cream but that didn't seem to help so yesterday I took diflucan the anti fungal pill. Well last night it seemed to feel a little better but then about three hours after taking it I had the worst pain yet. Is it suppose to get worse before it gets better? Should I be concerned?
Yeast infections cannot be caused by eating yogurt while on antibiotics. In fact, it's important to eat yogurt (or even better, take a probiotic supplement) during and ESPECIALLY after you have been on a course of antibiotics. Taking the probiotic at the same time as the probiotic or yogurt is unhelpful though as the antibiotic will simply kill the probiotic. It's important to take the probiotic as far between antibiotic doses as possible. Antibiotics can and do often result in candida yeast overgrowths in women that most commonly display themselves as vaginal yeast infections because its a warm, damp area that yeast can flourish and multiple. When you have a yeast infection you need to stay away from simple carbohydrates (starchy foods, white bread, etc), sugar and processed foods. These things feed the yeast. If you are having recurrrent yeast infections it is very likely you have a candida yeast overgrowth. I would recommend going to your local health food store, ask your doctor and you can also do your own research online about it. Yeast is very difficult to get rid of so it will take effort if you do have recurrent infections.  I
Hope this helps and good luck!
Everyone IS so nice here! It's great to talk about these things so openly with women who are experiencing the same type of thing. I've had minor yeast infections my whole life but I just started having sex (I'm 18) and it started hurting a few days ago. My boyfriend goes down on me almost everyday... So all this definitely makes sense! It's worse this time then it has been ever, and one website said a yeast infection can be caused by "a change in vaginal environment". I guess that means sex for me! Or consistent sex every day type of thing. I'm about to start using monostat 3, but have been drinking cranberry juice for days! I heard yogurt helps too, and avoiding meats and sweets can help too, I think it's a pH thing! Don't know if this helped, but always good to have another opinion! :)
Yeah am experience the same symptoms. Virginia is wet and itchy. Slight itch. No pain or discomfort, just an itch. What can this be, any help please? Thanks
Im 15 and my boyfriend recently gave me "oral sex" and about 2 or 3 days after I started getting really itchy and irritated down there.. Should I ask him to not do it anymore because I don't want another yeast infection or is it just a quin cadence that I got it after everything happened?
Someone please help :/
Garlic cloves help. Natuaral way to cure it!!2 -3 night treatment

Ok well I've noticed it's all girls on this site but I have a concern that I think you guys could help with more then the blogs with sex addicted men! My girlfriend and I are 18 and we just lost our virginity to each other, but a few months before this she got a yeast infection and I was under the belief that it was because i had fingered her to often. She went to the doctor and then the infection seemed to clear up but now we have had sex and and i don't know if it is from the sex but it seems to have come back! There is kinda an off smell and a milky white substance! I used to go down on her on a regular basis but I've sorta stopped and I feel terrible because it made her so happy!.. Now that u know the whole story my questions are: Can I still go down on her (I can get past the taste and smell for her) but am I at risk of getting some sort of infection??.. And can we still have sex or is that just prolonging the infection? What should I do! I want to keep her happy and I don't want her to be embarrassed because of her yeast infection!
He might have thrush, a condition of the mouth and tongue. Some people have it genetically, etc. not just randomly. In some cases thrush can be a symptom of something else so maybe ( very nicely) you could ask him to see a doctor to make sure he doesn't. Second, theres no harm in mentioning this to your doctor for insight - though he/ she may just tell you to refrain from oral sex. Thirdly, could just simply be the bacteria in said persons mouth bothering the PH balance in your vagina. Vaginas are a complex thing! I doubt even by the time were 80 well even half understand our vagina, menstraul cycle, etc. as much as we need to to get by!!
You should do a candida cleanse. This was happening to me a few years ago and I discovered, with the help of my naturopath, that my body was full of yeast. Twice a year, I cleanse using a kit from my health food store called Candigone and it takes two weeks per cleanse. You'll feel really really awful at first because the yeast is dying and releasing toxins. Follow the kit, eat the recommended diet, and you'll clear it up. After the cleanse, stay away from sugars as much as possible. It feeds yeast. Your boyfriend should do the cleanse too.
Hi, i av ad this infection for a while n i find hard to talk to any1 bout it n i onle recently found out that its yeast infection after lots of research n alot of pple suffer frm,i didnt feel so alone any more, cos of it sex scares me,how can i get rid in less than a week plz i need advise ASAP
I too have this problem! i have never had yeast infection in my life but recently, i became sexually active with my boyfriend and
within the past 5 months , i have had about 4 yeast infections! i went to the doctor twice already within this period of time. She tested me for EVERYTHING. the first visit, she told me it was BV and gave me medication, which cleared me up. The second visit, she told me i had nothing and tested me for everything again. everything came back negative again. She gave me medication anyway and it was cleared up. A few days later, my boyfriend and I had intercourse  (always with protection) and he also gave me oral sex. the symptoms came back a week later! i have been so fruastrated and embarassed about this!!!! i have a whitish/yellowish discharge and a
really really really horrible smell! im always so self concious!!! this is ruining my life!! i had him get tested for everything also and he doesnt have anything either. I tried everything over the counter and the only think that worked was monistat! Because of this, i stopped having sex with him but about two weeks ago, he gave me oral sex and guess what? It came back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i noticed that he usually drink alcohol right before performing oral sex on me and i am wondering if that is the cause of it?????

please please please help because this has never happed to me and i dont know what to do, i have tried everything!!! the doctor says its nothing but why do i keep getting symptoms?
Many times women get these infections from the bacteria of their partner, be it from oral activity, full intercourse, or what have we...there's bacteria from his body going to ours. The best way to deal with this is to naturally let the body heal withOUT antibiotics, or even douching...you're storage of bacteria (and probiotics from yogurt) will balance things out in your genital area to where you won't be getting yeast infections from the single partner for whose bacteria you've allowed yourself to adjust to. I know from experience: Taking Monistat creams, to oral antibiotics from doctors, to douching, and then just plain creating ways to curb the discomfort while allowing my body to do its own thing healing.  STEPS: You'll need to discontinue intercourse until healed because it'll agitate you greatly (give him oral, hand jobs, or anal till you're healthy), and to deal with the itching discomforts, wash your genital area a couple times over the day, every 8 hours or whatever your body needs or you can afford and gently PAT dry and fan it down there, and wear LOOSE cotton underwear like men's shorts (seriously) or none at all if your wearing pant anyway, because you don't want cloth rubbing down there and causing discomfort. Oh and make sure your bath towels have all of the laundry detergent thoroughly rinsed out. Don't scratch and rub too much down there as tempting as it may be, you want to avoid inflamming yourself. USE ONLY a delicate soap like Dove if you must on the outside genital area and rinse with plenty of water! I really hope this helps.
Many years ago I had recurring yeast infections, typically after sexual contact. I then met my husband and they disappearred for the entire time we were together. unfortunately our marriage did not last.  Just recently I started seeing a new man and eventually we had sex for the first time, both oral and penetration. that same week I got a yeast infection.
im scared to go through the recurring infections again. is it because of the new guy and why didnt it happen w one guy but did with the others?
Hi. I am not a medical professional at all, but I do get alot of yeast infections (unfortunately). I have found out that spermacides and latex always seems to trigger mine...I am also  Hypoglycemic which i need a certain amount of sugar intake. So as women we crave chocolates and what not and that could be triggering them as well. I have had to stop eating candy and cute down on sweets (believe me it's sooo not easy). Consuming more garlic than you normally would, could help so much along with I have found out that eating lemons here and there when you feel like you are getting one while using monostat will or could help.....and when you get it under control pro biotics help.
aw dont feel bad they happen...
  I have had b v from using vaginal deodrant and bubble baths.I went to the gum clinic and was given Metronidazole tablets which cleared it up in two days and told to use emollient cream insted of soap on the genital area.I bought some Acidophilus which ive yet to try.Also for utis drink cranberry juice.I hope this helps everyone.From Debbie
Okay so I'm having the same problem to which everyone here is having this is my 2nd yeast infection and I got it the same way I got my 1st one I have sec and bam the little **** is back I use the summer eve ph balance so that maybe that can help from preventing one and I also douche but not a lot and still that didn't even help because I got another one, is there something wrong with me I'm at the point where I'm scared to have sex because I don't want to deal with all the irritation:( so what do you think is wrong with me.. help!
it could be a herpe - but don't freak out! just about everyone has the herpes virus in them, the herpes simplex 1, which most people get as a kid (chicken pox). it is possible for them to show up on your genitals, although usually simplex 2 is associated with genitals. but you can go ahead and rule out simplex 2 (genital herpes), since you're a virgin. it's probably just a harmless little herpe! it could be anything though. humans get random skin irritations all the time.
I have had this yeast infection for about 2 months now and I tried canesten nd tiocosid fungal cream but still no improvement,
I have had yeats infection for about 2months now I used canestene and tiocosid fungal cream,but its not gone mistakenly scratched it nd it bled a lot,please help me what can I do
If I have a head cold and give my girl friend oral sex, can I give her a yeast infection?  The reason I ask is that I preformed oral sex on her while I was starting to have symptoms of catching a cold.  Is it possible?
I kept getting yeast infections. Didn't understand why. Until one night I discovered my husband had been dying his pubic hair. I asked him about it and at first he denied it. So I showed him the dye residue left on the towel, he couldn't deny it any longer. I told him if he wanted to continue having sex with me, he'd better stop dying his hair. He stopped immediately. I laugh at it now, but it wasn't funny when I kept getting yeast infections and paying doctor visits.