Ovarian Cysts after partial hysterectomy
I am 31 years old and had a partial hysterectomy in Sept 06. I have had problems since I was 17 years old. The diagnosis on my uterous was endomitriosis. Every since having my partial I have been getting cysts on my ovaries every month. They average about 5.5cm. I have gone to the ER several times as recently as yesterday. My OBGYN does not want to remove my ovaries due to my age. What am I to do to get the help I need? I can't function anymore in a "normal" life. I have to base all my plans around my pain. I have done the pill in the past and it never helps. Is there a way to get a DR to help me?
Hi Stamy,

I've had ovarian cysts all my life and I know they are really painful.  Finally I had a complete hysterectomy but they left one ovary for hormones. They took the fallopian tube on the remaining ovary so that no eggs could get "stuck".  I was in my late 40's so did not want children at that point.  Have you tried birth control pills?  Those are supposed to control the ovulation and reduce the risk of cysts.  If it seems to be happening on one side in particular, you may want to have that ovary remove but keep the other one.  You can still get pregnant with one ovary.  I know one woman who had 2 more children with just one ovary.

I hope this helps.  All the best!
Is it really possible to get pregnant with your ovaries and fallopian tube still remaining. Is there still hope.