Ovarian Cysts and Sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ovarian Cysts and Sex

My doc found a large ovarian cysts on one of myt ovaries during the ultrasound last week. They said it was normal to have ovarian cysts during pregnancy qand that it will cure itself as the pregnancy progresses.

The thing is this: it's sometimes painful (she said it would be) and during sex it feels like he is hitting it or something. It hurts really bad then...

Does anyone know about ovarian cysts and sex?

I go back to the dr for my 8 week next Tuesday and I'll talk to him about it then, but until then... Does have any ifo to share about this?

i too have ovarian cysts and yes sex is painful,especially when the tip of the penis touches the ovary/cyst. Different postions cause more pain than others. Hope this helps. I would still talk to your dr though just to sure.Dawn
Ouch!  There's nothing like enjoying a good round with one's significant other and then feeling the sharp jab of pain to ruin the mood.  I doubt it is uncommon for a cyst to make sex painful, I've had it happen, and really as the previous posted stated, the only way around it is to find positions that put them in less danger of being jabbed, rubbed against, or pressed upon.

We've found that the following position takes stress off of a pained ovary:  Female on her side, Male straddles one of her legs and holds the other around waist (like you were wrapping your leg around him) or up with heel on his shoulder.  *IMPORTANT*  Put your aching side downward.

Dunno how this will treat you, but it helped us loads.  Sometimes it can be difficult to twist around as necessary, but the stretching is worth the effort...if you lean right, your g-spot is -RIGHT- there.  He couldn't miss it.
Thanks ladies. We'll have to try some different things. The Dr said it might burst and if it does it would be painful, but I kind of hope it does just that so I can get it over with. :o/
is it unsafe to have sex? i feel like my ovaries cyst was caused by unprotected sex. do u think thats possible? and for some reason i feel like i always need sex whats up with this?
Can sex cause ovarian cysts?
I should have started the 4th of March and it is the 12th.
I got a couple canker sores which are signs of a period but it never came and I've taken pregnancy tests but they all say I'm not.
I just had a ruptured cyst that happened from sex and I am still having problems.  I never thought that a penis could reach that far and still it boggles my mind how it would even be near the cyst since they arent in the uterus.  prior to the ruptured cyst, I only had that feeling that he was touching something every once in a awhile.  Now I'm having that and some different issues.
I was diagnosed with ovarian cyst a week ago. I started feeling the pressure about two weeks ago and went to the dr. The first doctor misdiagnosed me and I knew this because about four days of taking the meds they gave me it wasn't any better. So I decided to go to an OBGYN. There I was told I had two functional cyst on my left ovary both over 2cm. My husband and I havn't been intimate in about 2weeks and he is afraid to be intimate because he doesn't want to hurt my cyst or for them to rupture. can that really happen?? He wants to wait until I go back to the doctor before we can be intimate again and my follow up appointment isn't until the 25th which is another two weeks. I am going nuts here. Is anyone else having this problem... :( any advice??
I no how u feel. I went to the dr for the same reason  pain in the lower part on my stomach and pelvic pain and tenderness in my stomach and come to find out I had 3 cyst. one is 7cm and the other one is 4cm and also have a small one. I'm on 4 differnts kinds of meds for pain and to desolve them. If they don't desolve I will have to have surgery. My husband want have sex also he is scared he will rupture them to. Just hang in there  they are just being supported threw this with us.
I just found out that I to have a cysts and my heating pad makes me feel better however I can't see my doctor until December 12th..so I'm taking tylenol and my heating pad..it's working so far. And as far as sex I think I will give it a shot today...so happy to know I'm not alone glad to read y'all post...praying for better health for us all.
My boyfriend and I were having sex today and it felt like he went too deep. We switched positions and when I laid on my back I felt pressure on my ovaries. When I stood up I began to get sharp pains through my pelvis and abdomen. My stomache is severly bloated also. I've had ovarian cysts before and they ruptured but this pain won't go away. Its had me curled up in a ball for about 6-7 hours now. Is it a possibility that it was just a huge cyst that ruptured?
I am having the same issue, but I am wondering if I am pregnant.. are you? or is it just symptoms from the ovary cyst?