Ovulating and sex a day before
Hi ladies.  Not sure if anyone will be able to give me any more info than I already have but figured I could go ahead and try now.  Due to problems with birth control pills, I went off the pill 3 weeks ago (and it's been amazing).  My husband and I are doing natural family planning.  We had unprotected sex twice yesterday and protected today (so I'm not worried about today).  When I woke up today my BBT was a full degree higher and has been all day.  My cervix is high and open.  What would be the chances that since I am ovulating today or in the next few days that I would become pregnant from yesterday's unprotected sex?
Thanks!
Carrie
I should also add that I know that we messed up natural family planning this month.  We are not trying to get pregnant right now, but would be happy if it did happen.  Also, yesterday was a dry day, today is not.  Hope that fills in the gaps of what I left out earlier!
Your odds of getting pregnant are pretty good as you are most fertile in the 5 days leading up to O.
they say 3 to 5 days for semen living with 3 days being the optimum i dont think semen often lives for 7 days it rearly does i process and collect  semen for a living on pigs though which are exactly the same as humans there the closest living animal to a human hard to beleive but true most genetics are exactly the same good luck
I also forgot to mention (my brain isn't here tonight) that yesterday was a dry day, today is not.  However, I don't notice the 'stringy' mucous as when ovulation has occurred.  So, with that said I believe the chances of becoming pregnant are a bit lower than before, but am not sure.  How long does sperm live in your body?  I've read 3 days some places and up to 7 others.  If so, my chances of becoming pregnant are greatly increased?
I am sorry to hear about you ectopic pregnancy, I hope the best for you in the near future!

Thanks for the information.  It's hard to not imagine 'what if' when things like this happen.  My husband and I both want to be parents, and as I said it's not in our plans for the next few months, but if it happens we'll be so blessed.  Really, I just want to know what I'm working with.  I just don't know if a pregnancy from what I described would be likely or not.
To get an accurate idea of what your cycle is like you need to chart for a couple of months so you have a comparison chart before you decide to rely on it for birth control. Otherwise there is a good chance that you could get pregnant. It sounds like you are trying to guess what your temperatures mean, and you do not have anything to compare to. If your temp fell, then you didnt ovulate yet. once you o, your temp will stay up till yopu start your next A/F. Then it will drop, if it stays up, longer than 16 days then take a hpt.
16 days, wow :)  Either way we'd be happy with it, we aren't planning on starting a family just now, but a baby would be a blessing.  I will continue to monitor my temperature.  When I checked my muscous this morning it was normal, but now it's getting that egg white look and is stretchy.  So with the cervix being open and the muscous, is there a chance that I would be ovulating without the temperature increase?  The temperature is still .2 or .4 degrees higher than normal, but yesterday it was a full 1.0 higher.
my ob said ovulation usually occurs 24 hours before the temp spike, so once it spikes and stays up then you will know you have ovulated. I have a history of early m/c, so I chart until I get af, and don't get my hopes up till it's up at least 20 days. Which is why I was feeling pretty good abt my pregnancy, since my temps were elevated for 36 days, but when I went for u/s it was an ectopic which they are treating with methotrexate right now. We have to wait a couple months after it's gone before we try again, but I will be charting anyway just to make sure I know what is going on in my cycle. so i know when i am oing which is usually day 20 or 21, because I have a long cycle.
Thanks for the comments so far ladies!  Another development- my temperature has dropped back down to about normal, so now it's hard to tell if I am ovulating-- even though my body feels like it is (stinging in my ovaries).  Do most people ovluate the first month off of the pill?
hey. theres this web site i found that tells you when ur most likely to conceve, u have to put ur period date and things in.

http://health.virginmedia.com/fertility-calculator.aspx

its realli good check it out x